The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire's problem.

This_0ne
This_0ne
✭✭✭
Hello,
I am khajiit/argonian and i alcoholic vampire. I am very ugly on my 1st stage. On 4th (maybe on 1st) stage any spots and stripes almost invisible and skin is terribly pale.
Always when i look in the mirror i remember Count Verandis Ravenwatch from Rivenspire. If i remember correctly in our first meeting he hide from us his vampire nature and looked like normal Altmer. And as I know in TES 3 or TES 4 were powerful vampires who could hide their nature. Why we cant do that in TESO? A few days ago i tried to find the suitable skin who would help to be a less ugly vampire. Only one was hardly tolerable - Arctic Rime skin. Vampire's passive abilities too tasty to refuse them.

DEAR DEVS, WE KNOW how you like to redraw existing skins. This is the greatest opportunity to make a skin with "nothing" texture to hide vampirism effects. If it possible add a similar skin or think something else. Maybe in some Vampire's theme DLC Dungeons if it is planned. (And maybe Vampire's Lord memento, like "Werewolf Behemoth Sigil" now.) I'm not sure, but it seems quite lore and not difficult.

Thanks for attention.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I quite agree with you. The weird pale looking skins could be made darker. I mean I expect a little paleness and red eyes but to run around looking like a zombie while 90% of the npc vamps look freaking fantastic is just downright silly. I even had to change my character's appearance to not look like a ghost 24/7.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't want to give us a hide vampirism option they should atleast update the way stage 4 vampires look.
  • Akihiro
    Akihiro
    I wish we could select the stage of vampirism we want our character to appear as. I like my character at stage 1 vampirisim the best. I love having pale skin, red eyes, and fangs. However, The more you advance in stages, your character's eyes become white, and you become covered in bulging veins that do not look very pleasing to the eye... :cry:

Right now, I have to go out every once in a while to feed to get back to stage 1. Although it's a slight inconvenience, I would still like to forgo it. :disappointed:

For the people who wish to remove the vampire skin entirely, I don't know... It makes sense for a vampire to be very pale. So I don't know if I am fully on board with that request but I also don't like restricting people's aesthetic choices. It is a difficult decision to make.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always the option to not be a vampire. No skin condition if you aren't one...
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They won't sell you a mortal skin because its more profitable to continually sell you substitutes. You're less likely to buy Arctic Rime if you already have a normal mortal skin, and more likely to buy the next new skin if it appeals to you more than AR did.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good looking rosy cheek undead running around like a teenage girl and hiding his very nature :D? Ha, that's something new indeed.. Have some mercy upon a local Fighters Guild employees - they still have to see what you are a mile away to prepare their silver bolts ;).
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Khajiits specifically, having a white fur allows for maximum contrast with tatoos and markings, which is the best way to retain whatever you had before becoming a vampire. Another alternative is the Necromancer skin from Scalecaller peak, if you can manage to get it, as it also give a vampiric look.

And sadly, the best way to make a good looking vampire is to be a vampire, and then to use an appearance change token. And even then, the first stage alone fades out almost all body markings.

For reference, Stage 1 followed by Stage 4 vamp and necromancer skin:
    I4cT9nJ.jpg

AcNCg4R.jpg

qO2lkLJ.jpg

PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    For Khajiits specifically, having a white fur allows for maximum contrast with tatoos and markings, which is the best way to retain whatever you had before becoming a vampire. Another alternative is the Necromancer skin from Scalecaller peak, if you can manage to get it, as it also give a vampiric look.

And sadly, the best way to make a good looking vampire is to be a vampire, and then to use an appearance change token. And even then, the first stage alone fades out almost all body markings.

For reference, Stage 1 followed by Stage 4 vamp and necromancer skin:
    I4cT9nJ.jpg

AcNCg4R.jpg

qO2lkLJ.jpg

The fading on body markings is a real shame. Why bother even having the awesome tats when you can't see them?!
    My vamp was originally a khajit... Only thing that helped ease the whiteness was making him "black" in settings. He was gray with tiger stripes that you couldn't tell he even had. I got sick of the grayness so I used a token to change him to a high elf. I'm more satisfied with him but I still can't see his tats. :neutral:
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While illusion magic could easily be applied to this whole situation to make it lore friendly in regards to skins. This topic really doesnt belong in this sub.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't even make sense for khajiit and argonians to go all weirdly pale as vampires. They don't have skin like man and mer. And speaking of mer, they lose their mer eyes and when becoming vampire.
    Then it's the whole thing with how it fades tattoos, make-up, paint and markings.

At its current state, the vampire effect is actually lore and logic breaking :/
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!