The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forum Poll Functionality

reoskit
reoskit
✭✭✭✭✭
Have you ever accidentally picked the wrong option on a forum poll?

Have you ever been swayed by the arguments made by other commenters on a poll?

Have you ever voted and then gone "omg, I'm the *only* person who voted this way?!"

Ever wish you could change your answer in a forum poll?

Ever been so bored at work on a Friday that you think about these things?

(This is not a petition; mods, please do not permaban me.)

Forum Poll Functionality 20 votes

I want to be able to change my forum poll vote.
30%
ElusiinGordon906Shawn_PTTelvanniWizardStabbityDoomOzby 6 votes
I want the forum votes to continue to be locked once submitted.
45%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOElsonsoHvzedacoop500KappaKid83ImmortalElf13oXI_Viper_IXoTiZzA93Grianasteri 9 votes
I've picked the wrong/unpopular option... yet again...
25%
Kr3dobarney2525VietfoxZacueldarkblue5 5 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think it’s worth it for Zos to pay the hosts to redesign their forum tools for such a petty function. The forums polls lack worth outside of entertainment value even when the person makes a decent poll.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just settle for polls that were sensible in what they related to, and unbiased in the way the options were set.

Talking of which...
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s worth it for Zos to pay the hosts to redesign their forum tools for such a petty function. The forums polls lack worth outside of entertainment value even when the person makes a decent poll.

We're here for entertainment, no? Also, I'd guess that the forum functionality (as a whole, including poll functionality) was prebuilt and the lock was an option selected. I swear, I won't lose sleep over it.
    Tandor wrote: »
    I'd just settle for polls that were sensible in what they related to, and unbiased in the way the options were set.

Talking of which...

Did I make a biased poll? That wasn't my intent. I thought I offered two options that spoke to both sides, and a throwaway for fun.

Y'all need to cheer up a bit. It was meant to be playful. Sheeh.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a poor guess that their was an option for lockout poll votes or not as you suggest. For something so unimportant it’s doubtful it would have been made with such complexity.

Even you just suggested it was not important, that it’s just entertainment. It wouldn’t make sense for Zos to pay the forum hostess to create the additional functionality.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a poor guess that their was an option for lockout poll votes or not as you suggest. For something so unimportant it’s doubtful it would have been made with such complexity.

Even you just suggested it was not important, that it’s just entertainment. It wouldn’t make sense for Zos to pay the forum hostess to create the additional functionality.

Every polling software (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.) I've ever worked with has this option built in, togglable at the poll-creator's discretion. My "guess" is not poor, it's informed by experience.

This is already far too serious, and far more than I intended this to be. Good lord. Again, I'm not actually asking for anything; I stated as much in the OP. All polls here are throwaway; they never actually influence decisions. As you say, just for entertainment.

Edit: werds.
    Edited by reoskit on May 31, 2019 1:22PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting project to assign the interns @zos 😏
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the forum votes to continue to be locked once submitted.
    Make a new poll to allow for changed opinions. This way, trends can be identified.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make a new poll to allow for changed opinions. This way, trends can be identified.

^ Touché - that is a legitimate reason to lock them.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like troll polls. They are my favorite polls.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn it ... I hate myself.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wait....

Thought he said Poles

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

Every polling software (Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.) I've ever worked with has this option built in, togglable at the poll-creator's discretion. My "guess" is not poor, it's informed by experience.

This is already far too serious, and far more than I intended this to be. Good lord. Again, I'm not actually asking for anything; I stated as much in the OP. All polls here are throwaway; they never actually influence decisions. As you say, just for entertainment.

Edit: werds.

Your still making an assumption here. Especially since the polling option is a secondary aspect of the forums and your comparing it to software specifically designed for polling.

Either way it’s just a small issue and I’d put it about 999,901 on the list of things for Zos to deal with. Lots of stuff so much more important.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way it’s just a small issue and I’d put it about 999,901 on the list of things for Zos to deal with. Lots of stuff so much more important.
    reoskit wrote: »
    Again, I'm not actually asking for anything

Dunno how this point keeps getting lost/ignored?

At least we're in agreement; neither of us actually puts it on a list of to-do's for ZOS. This was an opinion poll (and a not very serious one at that), not a demand for change.