The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO losing out by not going cross-platform?

• xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    Could they not implicate server meshing with object container streaming kinda like what star citizen is trying to implement? I understand having one mega server for all platforms is only going to spell disaster but being able to link several servers together by communicating with each other may be a easier but still complicated solution. I understand star citizen doesn't even have thank tech working but considering the resources that ESO has surely they could come up with something similar. Then again I'm not a game developer nor do I try to pretend to be one.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xmaveri wrote: »
    Could they not implicate server meshing with object container streaming kinda like what star citizen is trying to implement? I understand having one mega server for all platforms is only going to spell disaster but being able to link several servers together by communicating with each other may be a easier but still complicated solution. I understand star citizen doesn't even have thank tech working but considering the resources that ESO has surely they could come up with something similar. Then again I'm not a game developer nor do I try to pretend to be one.

With ZOS's current man power and budget? No way.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This game wasn't even originally intended for consoles at all. It was supposed to be a pc exclusive. Then Sony got pushy, and ZOS caved.

From the article he made it sound like there are hundreds of cross platform games out. There apparently are not.
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/all-cross-platform-games/

And Sony seems to have issues with allowing cross platform play.
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/13/17459340/sony-ps4-fortnite-cross-play-switch

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/14/17463114/sony-ps4-fortnite-response-nintendo-switch-account

If I didn't use my computer for a lot of things, including work related stuff, I would have considered getting a console. But I do, so I didn't. I never plan on getting one either. I'm not competitive, and don't pvp at all. I'd be rather upset if, due to consoles, I wouldn't be able to use the addons that make my playing pve more enjoyable.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    aresula wrote: »
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    There are already too many people. People everywhere, do you really feel like this game lacks population?

I don't really see the benefits of cross-platform for this game, considering we have technical differences between them, Add-ons and release dates.

Try doing the clockwork boss dailies or world bosses in other less popular zones and tell me that the game doesn't lack a proper population.

Sorry, but I cant agree with your logic/assessment here. I'm a new player that is primarily focused on the newer content to the game. (Summerset and Elsweyr) because that is where I got dumped when I started the game. Just because I'm not running around Clockwork does not mean that the game does not have a healthy population or that the game is dying. After I finish the newer content, I may decide to go back to some of the older content, but my daily Delve focus right now is in Summerset, Elsweyr, and then Morrowind/Vvardenfell(SP?) if I have time left over.

Population has nothing to do with it. You cant force people to go play the older zones. You find this in all MMO games. The lower levels and older content is ghost towns as the majority of players have moved on to the newer content.

Having one Tamriel help with this ability to go back and experience the older content and not feel like i am missing out on anything.