The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The origin of necromancer's summons

Dellarie
Dellarie
✭✭
So where do those undead minions actually come from? According to tooltip you literally pull them from the ground and the animations suggest the same but I don't think it makes much sense that there is always a skeleton conveniently burried underground no matter where you are. Is it may be explained in more detail in the Elsweyr storyline?
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same pocket of Oblivion where you pull your horse out from. ;)

It's basically a gameplay mechanic, because it's not feasible to rely on actual corpses being around when you need them.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Dellarie
    Dellarie
    ✭✭
    The same pocket of Oblivion where you pull your horse out from. ;)

It's basically a gameplay mechanic, because it's not feasible to rely on actual corpses being around when you need them.

I wish it was implemented better tbh. So it would actually feel like I'm playing a necromancer than ressurects corpses rather then pulls them out of thin air.
    Edited by Dellarie on May 31, 2019 8:01AM
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    You pull them out from the Soul Cairn or Coldharbour. That's my explanation when there's no body i can resurrect nearby.
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 31, 2019 8:05AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    You pull them out from the Soul Cairn or Coldharbour. That's my explanation when there's no body i can resurrect nearby.

I like this explanation!

The Soul Cairn, now there's a place we need to revisit sometime ...
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Dellarie wrote: »
    So where do those undead minions actually come from? According to tooltip you literally pull them from the ground and the animations suggest the same but I don't think it makes much sense that there is always a skeleton conveniently burried underground no matter where you are. Is it may be explained in more detail in the Elsweyr storyline?

I like how this might explain it too

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Conjuration

Edited by Eporem on May 31, 2019 10:50AM
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, we are at war, so in most areas, people died, and not al of them would have been recovered, so most areas should have some dead bodies lying around.