The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Akavir the next Chapter?

Osubaker33
Osubaker33
✭✭✭
Elsweyr would seem to hint that perhaps we might get to see the continent of Akavir in the next Chapter. I personally would love it. So common ZoS, hire some more devs, get to work, crank out content faster. My wallet is ready!

Thoughts on the possibility? Would you be excited if it was the next chapter?
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    I don't tkink we'll ever get non Tamriel chapter.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that. Akavir is a different Continent, with Tamriel being the other. We still have plenty of empty space left. My guess is ZOS will try to do Each chapter to be focused on each race. So far we had:
    Morrowind -> Dark Elf (Dunmer)
    Summerset -> High Elf (Altmer)
    Elsweyr -> Khajiit
    We also had Orsinium (Orc) in the past, but that was a zone-size DLC, not a Chapter. So I don't know if it counts. ZOS seems to be going by race popularity here, and not by factions (AD, DC, EP). I do belive this is why we had 2 "AD" zones in a row.

For the next Chapter, my guess is Nord, Redguard or Argonian Chapter.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavir is an entirely new land with new ecosystems, new animals, new races, NONE of which any assets currently exist for. Its more suited for its own game.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there will ever be full content on Akavir continent or Dwemer race
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think akavir might be possible once the current continent is filled up.

But I don’t think it will have the title chapter, think that would be a full blown expansion. Think that’s why the aren’t calling chapters that, plus you can charge a lot more for a expansion.

So yeah op I do think it will come at some point, but not quite yet. Also depends what/if any single player games want to explore that continent 1st.

The lore is rich in this universe and abit vague all in one. So anything is possible :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Akavir is an entirely new land with new ecosystems, new animals, new races, NONE of which any assets currently exist for. Its more suited for its own game.

Or a mmo without a cash graby, low effort, crown store game. :neutral:
  • Mooncat_1992
    Mooncat_1992
    ✭✭✭
    And with Elsweyr, they only covered the Anequina part of Elsweyr... There's still Pellitine (Southern Elsweyr) that needs to be added ... ?
    This one longs to see the Tenmar Forest, and the Topal Sea ;)

Maybe later ....

But Akavir !!! oh. I love the armors of the Akaviri soldiers in the Tomb of the Serpents delve :D
    Might be nice tho to add a bit of Akavir.
    Mooncat_1992 - EU server - PC

Characters:
    Zino-jo (MAIN - Khajiit NB & Crafter/furnisher)

Guilds:
    Clan Claws - Aetherius Art - De Stamtafel - Dragonia - Imperial Trading Company
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet is Southern Elsweyr for end of year DLC followed by another year content story next year in either Skyrim or Hammerfell or possibly ending the three banners war with a remake of Cyrodiil.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Shaie
    Shaie
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset was pretty heavily pushing the Sea Elves though; I felt there was a 50% chance that we were getting an expac on them (the other 50% was on Khajit) for this current chapter. On the other hand, we had Murkmire release for DLC so... who knows??? We could probably print out the map & then throw a dart at it to figure it out (although who knows, maybe that's EXACTLY how ZoS/Bethesda is choosing them!).

I rather think though that they will finish the Tamriel map before exploring any other known or as yet unknown continents on the planet.
  • Inerar
    Inerar
    ✭✭✭
    I bet the next chapter will be "Skyrim". Just think that we got three chapter for each faction. Now it's Pact's turn again and we already have Morrowind and Murkmire. So, it's time for Nords. Still it can be Wood Elves, Bretons or Redguards chapter too. Who knows? Just speculating...

As for Q4 zone, it will be probably Southern Elsweyr. In Elsweyr chapter's main story, Abnur Tharns was talked about south. So i guess it will be Southern Elsweyr with a specific name like Pellitine. But still, who knows...
    Whenever i search for an alternative game, i realize that how beautiful ESO is...
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theyll probably flesh out Elsweyr fully this year (the rest of southern elsweyr) and thatll be where we finally see some Akaviri influences. I doubt theyll ever make a real show of Akavir because its such a huge continent thats every bit as unique as Tamriel.

I think the next chapter will probably just be more of Skyrim or Cyrodiil.