Come on!!! 19 min penalty when its a bug well known and you dont do anything ? ---ranting & venting-

Lauranae
Lauranae
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

As i noticed, while i did not want to leave, all the other teams were on roll with new people but not mine (i was the last one standing).

So i guess i was unfortunatly blocking the battleground. I decided to finally leave but be aware that the next time, i will just stay inside the battleground for the night if need, and the days after, while seeing some netflix or youtube. i will not leave, to get rewarded with a 19min penalty. That penalty should be under a condition, and you know actually that the BG has this bug since long.

So between the group finder not working, the BG bugging as hell, Cyrodill with old and new bugs ....... will we see one day those done ?

Perhaps better with a picture from this evening :smile: June 1st
bgbug.jpg

This is right after the game considered the group formed and checked. I drop inside the BG and here we go .....
With such a group we should not even be there .... how come the game can think the group is formed and checked ???
Edited by Lauranae on June 2, 2019 1:34AM
My most recent characters
AD - Chjara NB
-
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When they shut down the servers, the bugs are gone.

Until then they are busy counting money.

469736f3d169821b87ae7cf25693948a.gif
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bg bugs love them.
    Penalty for leaving bugged bg.
    Penalty for lagging out of bg.
    After queuing for minutes for bg.

I guess its our fault for playing bg.
  • Eldar_Ftw
    Eldar_Ftw
    ✭✭
    I can't wait till there's laws for quality control in video games. God forbid developers actually put effort into their jobs for products we pay for. If I'd half *** any job during my lifetime I'd get fired.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldar_Ftw wrote: »
    I can't wait till there's laws for quality control in video games. God forbid developers actually put effort into their jobs for products we pay for. If I'd half *** any job during my lifetime I'd get fired.

If you doing your job kept several thousand on as repeat customers I'm betting they would keep you around.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    As i noticed, while i did not want to leave, all the other teams were on roll with new people but not mine (i was the last one standing).

So i guess i was unfortunatly blocking the battleground. I decided to finally leave but be aware that the next time, i will just stay inside the battleground for the night if need, and the days after, while seeing some netflix or youtube. i will not leave, to get rewarded with a 19min penalty. That penalty should be under a condition, and you know actually that the BG has this bug since long.

So between the group finder not working, the BG bugging as hell, Cyrodill with old and new bugs ....... will we see one day those done ?

This happened to me several times while I was leveling up another character (which I did primarily through battlegrounds). Having to eat that 19 minute penalty was pretty aggravating so I know how you feel.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand what bug youre trying to mention. All i could gleam is you left intentionally.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I dont understand what bug youre trying to mention. All i could gleam is you left intentionally.

There is a bug where one team will not get enough players for the match to start. The only option is for the players on that team to quit.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

There is a bug where one team will not get enough players for the match to start. The only option is for the players on that team to quit.

Exactly.
    When they shut down the servers, the bugs are gone.

Until then they are busy counting money.

469736f3d169821b87ae7cf25693948a.gif

More like this :smiley:
    [removed image]
    South Park Cable company meme was too strong ....
    Here have another *** pic ... -.- Lore friendly :smile:
    mbrsi9sr.png :P

Edited by Lisutaris on May 30, 2019 4:18PM
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Husband just started playing again and has limited playtime. Likes to jump into BG's for a quick fix or two.

Yeah, well, so he thought xD Did not realize they were so very, very broken.

Sheesh.

C'mon, ZoS, bad enough you put the stupid flyers in every damn zone that those of us uninterested in them can't ignore,

but they don't even bloody work properly; mostly they just troll people with not a lot of time to start with. :(
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this problem a long time ago. It was still around during the anniversary event, group finder even for BGs is borked and still gives penalty. I don't expect ZOS to fix this.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...i wouldnt call that a bug, and no, that is not the only option. If you dont immediately get a full team at the start the finder will eventually slip people in as the round progresses.

You intentionally left. You can call that a bug but you deserved the penalty.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The round did not even start because the OP's team did not have enough players and yet the other teams were filling. It's a well known, frequently complained about bug. There is really no option but to leave because the match will never start.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its absolutely ridiculous. Fix this *** Zenimax!!
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

...i wouldnt call that a bug, and no, that is not the only option. If you dont immediately get a full team at the start the finder will eventually slip people in as the round progresses.

You misunderstood what he said. When a player leaves in the middle of the load screen, ie their game crashes or they get disconnected for some other reason, the queue doesn't immediately catch on, which can leave a team with only 2 people in it for sometimes hours, preventing the match from starting at all.

In a situation like this, the only options are either to wait a potentially endless amount of time (people have sat in a bugged instance for hours, keeping it alive for like 6-8 hours before everybody decides to just leave and the instance deletes itself), or just leave if the team down a man doesn't get one in the first few minutes.

The longer the match goes on, the more likely people choose the latter option. The chances of the match actually starting were already slim, but if another player leaves, match is basically over before it even started, might as well just leave.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong ... i was in a team of three, the other teams were two, their teams filled up to 4 but our team never completed, one left, then one other from my team, and i stayed alone waiting around 10min inside watching the other 2 teams emptying and refilling while mine was not. So NO i did not deserve the penalty as i was FORCED to quit. The game should have a alarm that launch a code when a team is for long not filling and just expulse the player without penalty.

other game do it, but seems ESO while doing a lot of great job is unwilling to correct that kind of bugs they probably found not important. Guess its time to abandon BG for me
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it doesn't. the battlegrounds never starts, you just stay in a staging zone indefinitely.

THAT's the bug.

and the only thing I can think of is, becasue it doesn't happen all the time, ZoS still haven't figured out what exactly is causing it.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sucks ...PS4 EU it happens to me quite often...load in and then we forever wait for nothingness. A week or two ago three of us (randoms) stayed in playing music & dancing for about 20 minutes, LOL. I usually just go and do a mat run during my "penalty" time.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

it doesn't. the battlegrounds never starts, you just stay in a staging zone indefinitely.

THAT's the bug.

and the only thing I can think of is, becasue it doesn't happen all the time, ZoS still haven't figured out what exactly is causing it.

Each time it happens to me, i noticed the same event :smile:
    - i accept to enter the BG
    - i pop in the BG and i still receive an invite for a BG team ---- after that, its over the team is blocked for filling up
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Humancentipede2
    Humancentipede2
    ✭✭✭
    Have they ever ackknowledged this Bug? I know its there since idk 1 Year or so maybe more, whats the Plan to fix it? I guess they have the same Plans for Fixing the Server Lag and Performance, ignoring it and silencing criticism about it. Im sure this will work 100%. The Problem will fix itself right.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have no freaking clue what you are talking about. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried to convince someone they had gills and could breathe under water. Yes, it's a bug. Yes, you will sit there forever.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they would only inflict the penalty after the match has begun, that would take care of about half of the issues. Sure people might drop or whatever, but the queing thing is the most frustrating.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still wonder how it can happen, that on one hand ppl wait ages to enter a BG while on the other people wait ages to get a 3rd or 4th mate for the party.

I seriously doubt that these errors don't occur at the same time.
    Edited by Salvas_Aren on May 30, 2019 2:41PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still wonder how it can happen, that on one hand ppl wait ages to enter a BG while on the other people wait ages to get a 3rd or 4th mate for the party.

I seriously doubt that these errors don't occur at the same time.

Assuming you mean people sitting in the queue for forever, waiting to find a match, I assume it's to do with MMR being so wide. At least from what I've seen, most who wait for a 4th in their match are in the higher MMR brackets, just as those who sit in the queue for forever are. The queue probably takes so long that the guy still finding a match has his MMR criteria for finding a match widen so much that the in-progress match becomes an option, so it immediately matches him with them.

Wouldn't surprise me if most issues in BGs come squarely from the poorly implemented MMR system, bugged queues aside.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    If they would only inflict the penalty after the match has begun, that would take care of about half of the issues. Sure people might drop or whatever, but the queing thing is the most frustrating.

This is what really confuses me. The game obviously keeps track of if and when the match actually starts (ie the countdown starts), so this is literally just a simple IF statement over the code that gives players the penalty, not even 5 minutes of actually writing the code, 15-30 minutes of testing. How it hasn't even been acknowledged is just astounding.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauranae wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »

THAT's the bug.

Each time it happens to me, i noticed the same event :smile:
    - i accept to enter the BG
    - i pop in the BG and i still receive an invite for a BG team ---- after that, its over the team is blocked for filling up

I should have clarified. they likely haven't figured out yet which part of the code is causing the issue, and so they cannot correct the error or errors.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that in the game which is known for having connection and performance problems which occure for more than half of the playerbase they actually have decided to punish you for disconnecting xD
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are wrong. The battleground never starts. I understand sometimes a battleground will start with only three on a team and another might join in while in progress. This is something different. The battleground never starts.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Games have bugs? This is news to me.
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix this crap. The fact that is gives us a penalty when our only choice is to leave the BG group is awful. This happens multiple times a day and is extremely infuriating.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    They could at least remove the penalty until the group finder issues are fixed.

At this point most 'deserters' left the queue or game because of issues. It is not fair that you get a penalty for something you couldn't avoid.