The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crashes after Elsweyr

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
Ever since Elsweyr patch I have been crashing almost every play session. I think the crashing is every 2-6 hours (not necessarily the same game session), so on average probably like every ~4 hours. Not the highest crash frequency in the world I guess, but still incredibly annoying. I play every day and almost everyday I encounter this crash. I just happens out of no where "Eso encountered an error" error window. I can be inside a dungeon, farming ressources, chatting with guildies, puting items up for sale in the store, just questing etc. There's no singular activity there seems to be connected to the issue.

What I have tried:

Deleting my Elder Scrolls Online folder in Documents folder.
Repairing game.
Updating nvidia graphics driver (using clean installation).
Reinstalling game.

It still happens, with what feels like the same frequency.

I hope anyone can help, but I have to be honest I dont have my hopes high :(

The last resort I guess would be to reinstall windows... but that is really the very last resort. Im not even sure I wanna do that. all the things I have to reinstall and reconfigure form scratch again :/

UPDATE:

I have noticed that everytime the crash happens the interface.log has the following as the last entries. The time stamp is either the exact minute it happens or the minute just before it happens. Sounds like it has something to do with the crash, doesnt it? But what does it mean?

2019-05-30T02:06:12.368+01:00 Load Screen - Hide
2019-05-30T02:06:12.368+01:00 Load Screen - Hide - Wasn't Already Hiding
2019-05-30T02:06:13.220+01:00 Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
2019-05-30T02:06:13.220+01:00 Load Screen - Hide - Animation Complete
Edited by Jayman1000 on May 30, 2019 2:09AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reinstalling Windows has never solved a problem with an individual game. So just don't do that.

If you have used the Launcher to Repair the game, that is essentially a reinstall.

The two likely culprits are either Ports need to opened on the Firewall, search ports in the support section for the list and set up port triggering on your router, or, recent Windows Security Updates changed Firewall settings. Make sure the game, and launcher, is allowed in the firewall.

Finally, have you tried the game with your addons disabled?

And, to that end, have you downloaded all the Lib files you need now?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Reinstalling Windows has never solved a problem with an individual game. So just don't do that.

If you have used the Launcher to Repair the game, that is essentially a reinstall.

The two likely culprits are either Ports need to opened on the Firewall, search ports in the support section for the list and set up port triggering on your router, or, recent Windows Security Updates changed Firewall settings. Make sure the game, and launcher, is allowed in the firewall.

Finally, have you tried the game with your addons disabled?

And, to that end, have you downloaded all the Lib files you need now?

I did download all the libs seperately that was needed and had them + all addons updated through Minion, but no I haven't tried with all addons disabled. Guess I should try that... I dont particularly look forward to playing 6+ hours without any addons :( but I guess I have no choice here, it's what I should test now.

Thanks for the help!
    Edited by Jayman1000 on May 29, 2019 2:44PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that everytime the crash happens the interface.log has the following as the last entries. The time stamp is either the exact minute it happens or the minute just before it happens. Sounds like it has something to do with the crash, doesnt it? But what does it mean?

2019-05-30T02:06:12.368+01:00 Load Screen - Hide
    2019-05-30T02:06:12.368+01:00 Load Screen - Hide - Wasn't Already Hiding
    2019-05-30T02:06:13.220+01:00 Load Screen - Show/Hide - Animation Complete
    2019-05-30T02:06:13.220+01:00 Load Screen - Hide - Animation Complete
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jayman1000

Have you tried removing any add-ons you may have loaded?

Steps for doing so can be found here. If the crash is not add-on related, you should open a ticket with customer support. In your ticket make sure to include a game consultant report.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Jayman1000

Have you tried removing any add-ons you may have loaded?

Steps for doing so can be found here. If the crash is not add-on related, you should open a ticket with customer support. In your ticket make sure to include a game consultant report.

Thank you. I am in the process of testing for addons as culprit, I deleted the entire Elder Scrolls Online folder (backed it up first) and let everything regenerate from scratch without installing any addons again, so lets see how it goes now. It's kinda of a long haired process, because the crash may not happen for many hours so I have to test for a long time to be sure that I am not just lucky to hit a "streak of non-crashing" so to speak.

I'll open up a support ticket in case this does not turn out to help.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on May 31, 2019 1:38AM