The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Magicka Warden PvP Build questions

Yubarius
Yubarius
✭✭✭✭
1. Is Sharpened generally better instead of Nirnhoned since shields account for armor?
2. What damage monster sets would be best? (Valkyn Scoria, Neri'eneth, Grothdarr)
  • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
  • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
  • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
  • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
  • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
  • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
  • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
  • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use either Sharpened or Nirnhoned. Sharpened does more damage and Nirn can help with heals.

If you are does an aoe build in a group, probably Grothdarr. But i prefer skoria for the max health.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yubarius wrote: »
    1. Is Sharpened generally better instead of Nirnhoned since shields account for armor?
    2. What damage monster sets would be best? (Valkyn Scoria, Neri'eneth, Grothdarr)
    I'm not sure on #1, since I've been running Infused + Oblivion Glyph for a long time. With that glyph being nerfed this patch, I'm not certain if it'd be best to either switch to Sharpened or Nirnhoned, or keep Infused and just change up the enchant.

For #2, given those options, I'd probably go for Skoria. That said, I always prefer running Pirate Skeleton alongside Necropotence and Shacklebreaker.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of magden you looking to run?

There's a heavy AoE version
    There's those that focus heavily on Permafrost
    Bear version?

BGs or Open world?

I'm leaning towards sharpened but nirn is solid
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone tried the Blackrose Destro for Magden?

I aquired a Lightning (not perfected) recently and wondered if anyone was using it with Warden's kit.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the Blackrose Lightning, I switch between that and Master Staff mostly, and only change the one skill for each staff. The Perfected version would be better obviously with the added penetration. I wouldn't say the Blackrose Staff is better or even as good as the Master Staff, but I definitely don't feel like I've lost a ton of damage or that there's a huge drop-off when I use the Blackrose. If I had the Perfected version, I think it might be even better than the Master Staff since I'd be able to play around with other sources of penetration to max damage elsewhere. I've tried my normal version with Infused, Charged and Nirn, I like it with Nirn the best. I was thinking Charged might be good for it since it adds 3 types of ele damage as DoT, but it was a waste of transmutes and glad I changed it to Nirn.

As for OP, depending on your bar set up, any Green Balance (or any healing) you might have on that bar will be unaffected by Sharpened. If you have a damage only bar, Sharpened would be fine but I prefer Nirn in case I want to switch my skill set up at all. But I mainly have it set up as a damage front bar (nirn) and buff/heal back bar (with defending trait on staff).
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried the Blackrose Destro for Magden?

I aquired a Lightning (not perfected) recently and wondered if anyone was using it with Warden's kit.

Seen this plenty lately.
    Yubarius wrote: »

I always prefer infused. I go for balorghs in groups. A defensive set solo or 2vX. Shadowrend is really nice.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BRP staff is nice on any magicka build, elemental ring becomes your spammable. Issue with spamming it is the dot will never tick because the dot refreshes with every application, but it’s good nonetheless.

Same damage as other spammables in aoe, can’t be reflected but gets reduced with evasion. Best used when you’re weaving in lots of abilities or mixing damage with healing for dot pressure.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten