Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TANKS

• Dominion_Nightblade
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    Playing other games lately has put into perspective how badly broken ESO PVP is. It's actually revolting.

If only more people would follow suit, zos might reflect and learn a thing or two.

Even if all the pvp players left eso it wouldn’t matter because pvp is such a small portion of the overall population.

I'm pretty sure it is enough players that they would notice. Are there any statistics online? As of right now I'm trying to base it on the number of comments in this topic alone. Sure general discussion has over 120k comments, but how many pvpers have commented there? We dont know. So before we give any definitive answers on this, we need statistics. Either way, it would put a dent, lol, imo. I've heard a lot of people say what you just did, but we can't just go and believe everything from anyone.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing other games lately has put into perspective how badly broken ESO PVP is. It's actually revolting.

If only more people would follow suit, zos might reflect and learn a thing or two.

Even if all the pvp players left eso it wouldn’t matter because pvp is such a small portion of the overall population.

I'm pretty sure it is enough players that they would notice. Are there any statistics online? As of right now I'm trying to base it on the number of comments in this topic alone. Sure general discussion has over 120k comments, but how many pvpers have commented there? We dont know. So before we give any definitive answers on this, we need statistics. Either way, it would put a dent, lol, imo. I've heard a lot of people say what you just did, but we can't just go and believe everything from anyone.

I think last I heard pvp population is only 2-5% of the total population of the game with less than 1% having spent money in the crown store or something of that nature.
  • Dominion_Nightblade

I think last I heard pvp population is only 2-5% of the total population of the game with less than 1% having spent money in the crown store or something of that nature.

That's all fine and dandy, but do you have a link or evidence? Until you provide one, I assume you are just pulling numbers out of somewhere.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax is all about $$$, so it's always possible they'll refocus on PVP because a lot of money is being made by other PVP games, but it seems they are content with ESO's identity as an ultra-casual "online RPG"/TES cosmetic/housing cash shop; basically Skyrim Nexus Online.

There is something truly special about combat in AvA. With a dedicated team able to quickly iterate it, I still believe it could be an all-time great game without a lot of effort. I wish they'd spin off as its own F2P game with its own budget, gameplay design, cheat mitigation and without any PVE baggage.

I think a lot of server performance issues would be resolved if gameplay was completely redesigned with only PVP in mind and within the constraints of the server in the context of large scale AvA.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make it so the longer you hold LMB the more your stamina drains, kinda like how roll dodge works. When they let go of block the debuff lingers for a bit and then goes away.

I really only use block when im LoSing a zerg so i dont take a ton of damage, or when the person im fighting is setting up a burst and im trying to mitigate as much damage of it as i can.

When it comes to PvE, sure let the tank hold block the entire dungeon/trial. but for pvp it should be more of a tactical mitigation to create a bit of breathing room in certain situations and allow players to survive an unexpected moment that would normally kill them
    ~Thallen~