Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What DLC to buy and how to buy if game is owned on STEAM

Xgrem
Xgrem
Soul Shriven
As the title says I have a problem. I own on STEAM the Tamriel Unlimited edition of the game. I have a friend who wants to play and I am looking into getting back into the game. My question is do i have to buy all DLC (Morrowind, Summerset, etc ) separate now because STEAM is only offering the Elsweyr DLC and nothing else and thats $39.99 and doesnt come with the other Expansions, I am unable to buy any other packs on that Store Page because I already own the base game. Would I have to buy the DLC in-game with crowns? that would be 7000 (Summerset and Morrowind) crowns which cost $55. Would I have to buy the Elsweyr Digital Standard Edition on the main store page for Elder Scrolls Online because that does come with the DLCs. Because that is only $60 which is much cheaper than buying $55 worth of crows + the Elsweyr DLC on STEAM for $39.99. Do i just Subscribe to the ESO+?

All help is appreciated and is welcomed.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a few options, @Xgrem.

Though, yes, you're correct ... none of the choices on Steam are a all-in-one pack that includes prior DLC content.

1. You can purchase the Elsweyr upgrade (or Collector's upgrade) on Steam to get the newest chapter content. Then, you could get an ESO+ membership (ranges from $11.50 to $15.00 USD per month) to unlock all the DLC content. With ESO+ you can cancel and renew at any time ... in month long increments.

2. Similar to #1 above, you can purchase the Elsweyr upgrade (or Collector's upgrade) on Steam to get the newest chapter content. Then, as you mentioned, purchase the DLC content outright for 3,500 crowns each.

3. It is possible to unlink Steam from your ESO account through an ESO Online Support ticket. That way, you can play ESO from the regular launcher. Buying direct from the ESO website will allow purchase of the Elsweyr Standard Edition ($59.99 USD). As you're probably aware, the Elsweyr Standard Edition comes with the base game, Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. Though you already have the base game, this option has still worked for PC players that want to apply all three game packs. NOTE: This option only lasts for the pre-purchase period through June 4th.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 29, 2019 2:35AM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a few options, @Xgrem.

Though, yes, you're correct ... none of the choices on Steam are a all-in-one pack that includes prior DLC content.

1. You can purchase the Elsweyr upgrade (or Collector's upgrade) on Steam to get the newest chapter content. Then, you could get an ESO+ membership (ranges from $11.50 to $15.00 USD per month) to unlock all the DLC content. With ESO+ you can cancel and renew at any time ... in month long increments.

2. Similar to #1 above, you can purchase the Elsweyr upgrade (or Collector's upgrade) on Steam to get the newest chapter content. Then, as you mentioned, purchase the DLC content outright for 3,500 crowns each.

3. It is possible to unlink Steam from your ESO account through an ESO Online Support ticket. That way, you can play ESO from the regular launcher. Buying direct from the ESO website will allow purchase of the Elsweyr Standard Edition ($59.99 USD). As you're probably aware, the Elsweyr Standard Edition comes with the base game, Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. Though you already have the base game, this option has still worked for PC players that want to apply all three game packs. NOTE: This option only lasts for the pre-purchase period through June 4th.

Ad 3. - There is absolutely no need to unlink the Steam account. Simply buy what you want here, such as the Elsweyr Digital Standard Edition. You can own the base game both on Steam and here without any conflicts. I even own the ESO Standard Edition both here and on Steam.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also recommend starting over in the NA server, since EU is currently so bad...
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally find it is best to purchase chapters directly from zos .
  • Xgrem
    Xgrem
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for your comments. Thank you all