Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lightning Staff of Infallible Aether not dropping?

Heike
Heike
✭✭✭
So this past week, I ran AA, HRC, and SO no less than 20 times on normal and several times on vet... and it never once dropped... for anyone. And yeah, I run Wykkyd’s so I see it all, but our guild ran it. Bows dropped... along with 14 IA hats... and an occasional Resto staff... but no DPS staffs.

Not even an Inferno staff.

Are you telling me that the RNG is THAT bad with these???? Over 1,000 chances to drop... and not once?

Has this drop rate been lowered?
I remember it dropping OFTEN when these trials first started.

And with every Healer staff set having been nerfed to hell, the IA set on the backbar is still viable and sought after.

Getting a Masters or Maelstrom staff isn’t this hard.
Mihail Heike
(NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
"Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
~Mihail Heike
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is RNG. Your previous attempts have no effect on it. If something has a 1% drop chance it does not mean that you will be guaranteed to get it within 100 tries.

I know guys who have spent 500 runs to get that vMA inferno. Keep trying.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Are drop rates ever lowered?
    Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    Are drop rates ever lowered?

Since they haven't been published there is no way to tell. But I really do not think ZOS cares much about drop rates in 4 years old content.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely dropping. I have picked up several recently.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »

Were you running vet or normal?

Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    SaltySudd wrote: »

Were you running vet or normal?

Vet has better drop rates and chests are higher tier.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got my staff, after 50+ runs, on vet.
    I run Group Loot, so there was no “missing” any of these.

The drop rate has clearly changed, and yes, I agree... drop rates are probably at least a little better on vet.

Having said that, ZoS this is ridiculous. 😂
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up literally 5 in a roll once and see them often get drop for others.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you just reminded me of my VO dagger/axe grind back in 2016. No guaranteed weapons or Transmute too. To make it worse Sharpened was the only viable weapon trait. Ran 300+ times for my first sharp VO dagger. Never got the other one before Transmute became a thing.