The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

group duel function for next patch

HiImRex
HiImRex
✭✭✭✭✭
Group leaders can initiate group duels against other group leaders via player interact wheel

Dueling area scales in size with total number of players with diminishing returns up to 20 total players

Players who leave the dueling area for more than 3 seconds are taken out of the fight, rest of the players keep fighting

No artificial rules enforced. Can set up 2v2s, 5v5s, 1v10s, or 3v7, whatever group size it is

Would be a fun addition to the PvP of the game

• SilasMurder
    Yeah this would be great. Settle scores with guilds outside of Cyrodiil with no interruptions. 16 man vs 16 man no resurrection allowed.or maybe even a guild battleground option would be amazing. Xbox na we have dueling tournaments all the time. A lot people put up gold for them.
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Yah accept you’ll have to accept the duel 300 times for no reason.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love this *-*
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this would be great. Settle scores with guilds outside of Cyrodiil with no interruptions. 16 man vs 16 man no resurrection allowed.or maybe even a guild battleground option would be amazing. Xbox na we have dueling tournaments all the time. A lot people put up gold for them.

16v16 is way too much. you might as well take it to cyrodil. but 2v2 up to 4v4 would be nice. im pretty sure zos would never allow this tho as it would take attention away from BGs which are in need of more attention. can't blame them.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »

16v16 is way too much. you might as well take it to cyrodil. but 2v2 up to 4v4 would be nice. im pretty sure zos would never allow this tho as it would take attention away from BGs which are in need of more attention. can't blame them.

Maybe this is a good fix though? BGs are so buggy (especially at prime time which suggests it has to do with number of people Qing) Maybe this would help take off some of the load.. everyone wins?
    I type this as I wait out my deserter buff for leaving a bugged match...
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    Group leaders can initiate group duels against other group leaders via player interact wheel

Dueling area scales in size with total number of players with diminishing returns up to 20 total players

Players who leave the dueling area for more than 3 seconds are taken out of the fight, rest of the players keep fighting

No artificial rules enforced. Can set up 2v2s, 5v5s, 1v10s, or 3v7, whatever group size it is

Seem like a lil Zergling picnic. Who’s bringing the mashed potatoes?
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭

Seem like a lil Zergling picnic. Who’s bringing the mashed potatoes?

Well, thanks for the forum bump, if nothing else.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if it was in specific, designated dueling areas and not in places chosen by players. And then yeah, that would be great.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a neat idea! Personally, I'd love to see a Duel Finder -- kind of like selecting Battlegrounds in the activity finder, both CP and no-CP, you preview your opponent and you both get ported to a small arena once you accept. Don't know why I've been fantasizing about this lately.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »

I would love that! And yes I love the idea of any group size 1 - 20, and the option to have unequal group sizes. I also like it that in this format no one can interfere from the outside, unlike in Cyrodiil. Also, having this as a dueling mechanic means you can choose the place (your choice of 'arena') : an open field, or an island in lava, someone's private house / arena, etc etc
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Only if it was in specific, designated dueling areas and not in places chosen by players. And then yeah, that would be great.

I would love to see this implemented as it would be loads of fun but a total nightmare if it could be conducted in cities.