The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove deserter penalty until que system is fixed?

hesobad
hesobad
✭✭✭✭
Seems like that que system is always bugged. Either I sit outside the BG endlessly as it fails to form a group, or I sit in the gates waiting for 1 team to get 3 players and never happens resulting in us all leaving due to the bug and getting a deserter penalty. Should ZOS remove this penalty until these issues are fixed??
Edited by hesobad on May 27, 2019 5:10PM
Ad Victoriam!

Remove deserter penalty until que system is fixed? 50 votes

Yes
90%
emelee_ESORizz_the_Filthy_Dinomartin.ollandb16_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOLiraTaurwenwalkerjonesZeddocAhPook_Is_HereIndorilArwynLlethranThe_ShadowbornCustos91mmtaniacHollerbollerDarkmage1337parpinApheriusWeesacsZer0_CooLbardx86NordSwordnBoard 45 votes
No
6%
jediodyn_ESOManwithBeard9Neloth 3 votes
Other
4%
CathexisBored_Owl 2 votes
  • parpin
    parpin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    yes they must remove it for first 2 times you leave pvp match, if you leave for 3rd time then penalty, they should give 2 penalty free times in case you get stuck in the bugged match.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Please see my year-long thread on this exact issue: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425710/battlegrounds-currently-broken-constantly-stuck-on-waiting-for-players-intermission-lobby-pc-na#latest

Still no acknowledgment, comment, or response from Z0$ in almost 1 year.
    Maybe next year!
    Until then, let's all enjoy our 20-minute non-starter deserter penalties.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep, since it happens more that you leave a battleground because of bugs, than people that are leaving for something else.
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    Other
    Maybe once you leave the match a thing where you can say why you left? Like, click on the penalty timer in the group menu and it gives you an option to say the match was bugged. Obviously people are going to lie about it but it would be better than nothing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably won't because a flat removal would open up the opportunity for people to leave matches that are in progress if they don't want to lose.

And designing a check, like "Has been waiting for match to start for 5 minutes" would take more effort to design, even though it would prevent abuse.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Would be the least they could do...but they don't care!
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably won't because a flat removal would open up the opportunity for people to leave matches that are in progress if they don't want to lose.

And designing a check, like "Has been waiting for match to start for 5 minutes" would take more effort to design, even though it would prevent abuse.

I understand that, but currently the system is completely broken. I would rather be able to just simply get into a game and deal with the griefers, than whats going on now. I go into cyrodill to pvp because there is no way to get into a BG during primetime.
    Ad Victoriam!
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Yes
    YES!!! I just had 3 bugged BGs in a row!!! This is ridiculous!
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Yes
    I stopped queueing a while back coz I'm tired of those gugs.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The deserter penalty needs to be changed to apply to only AFTER the match start countdown begins.

Problem solved.
    Edited by Cathexis on June 8, 2019 8:18AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Cathexis wrote: »
    The deserter penalty needs to be changed to apply to only AFTER the match start countdown begins.

Problem solved.

Perfect fix! I would just add that the match shouldn't start until all teams have 4 players.

Just came from a match with this bug and am waiting out my penalty...
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Cathexis wrote: »

Problem solved.

Perfect fix! I would just add that the match shouldn't start until all teams have 4 players.

Just came from a match with this bug and am waiting out my penalty...

3 Days ago, of 7 matches, 5 failed to start. That's a total of 1:40m of waiting.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tonight 3 deserted in a row, because waiting for freaking players infinitely. ggwp
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would get abused