The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Chum is fum, faction lock is dumb

WeiOfTheGun
WeiOfTheGun
Soul Shriven
What are we trying to prevent with faction lock? Fun? If so, its working. I took the time to duplicate my EP character on DC and AD only to be locked out of the 30 day server on both alts. "Well Wei, why did you make alts on other factions? Did you do it to troll or cheat?" I'm glad you asked. I made those toons so I can play with different groups of friends whenever I want. Also, what a rude question! Shame on you.

Oh and I know, I can play my alts on the 7 day server, right? Here's the problem: the 7 day server is a ghost town, with a few hearty survivors roaming the field in search of any AP that other players may have dropped during the mass exodus. The 7 day server is hot trash, standing empty most of the day until one faction or another zergs the entire, undefended map, then leaves. Its merely an emp swap campaign, and its boring.

I only want what I pay a monthly subscription for: access to the entire game. If someone wants to No Life it and get on the leaderboards of 2 factions, SO WHAT?!? If someone swaps factions during the middle of a campaign, SO WHAT?!? If someone is fighting next to you one minute, and against you the next, SO WHAT?!? Can we please remove the [snip] prevention device that is faction lock?

[Edit for bait.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 28, 2019 1:24AM
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock is here to prevent good players to fight stacked blobs of zerglings trying to zerg whole map :smiley:
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Faction lock is here to prevent good players to fight stacked blobs of zerglings trying to zerg whole map :smiley:

Thats not true.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we trying to prevent with faction lock? Fun? If so, its working. I took the time to duplicate my EP character on DC and AD only to be locked out of the 30 day server on both alts. "Well Wei, why did you make alts on other factions? Did you do it to troll or cheat?" I'm glad you asked. I made those toons so I can play with different groups of friends whenever I want. Also, what a rude question! Shame on you.

Oh and I know, I can play my alts on the 7 day server, right? Here's the problem: the 7 day server is a ghost town, with a few hearty survivors roaming the field in search of any AP that other players may have dropped during the mass exodus. The 7 day server is hot trash, standing empty most of the day until one faction or another zergs the entire, undefended map, then leaves. Its merely an emp swap campaign, and its boring.

I only want what I pay a monthly subscription for: access to the entire game. If someone wants to No Life it and get on the leaderboards of 2 factions, SO WHAT?!? If someone swaps factions during the middle of a campaign, SO WHAT?!? If someone is fighting next to you one minute, and against you the next, SO WHAT?!? Can we please remove the [snip] prevention device that is faction lock?

[Edit for bait.]

I would like to see the 30day cp campaign have a population limit brought down. This would force players to not stack in the 30 day camp.

moving players to other campaigns would help server performance.

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 28, 2019 1:26AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 7 Day is a ghost town because, for some inexplicable reason, people will go to any lengths to avoid it and stick with the 30 day. They would rather have garbage performance and complain about being faction locked than play on a 7 day. Its really weird. I think its just a sure sign people don't really care about the health of PvP. A handful of us really tried to get Shor running and some are still dedicated to it, but people just won't stick around. If they can't go in and LFG they peace out. The few times we did manager to bump up the populations some overflow zerg guilds from Vivec would come in and trash the place.

As for faction locks, Im all DC so it doesn't bother me, but so far it seems decent. Scores are pretty much what they were prior to locks but the map does feel a bit more dynamic imo. Still too early to tell though.
  • Rakno87
    Rakno87
    ✭✭
    play the 7 day its not that hard folks! If all of the complainers would go to 7 day servers you guys could SWAP ALL DAY IN A MASSIVE ***!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    !
    DC Since Launch
    Sardul Singh - Unwavering Stam DK
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear shor has some good really good players. Small scale and solo players. If you want to fight good players.

If you want your group to roll over zergers, stay in the cp 30 and deal with only playing one faction. Those are your options currently.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Edit for bait.]

I would like to see the 30day cp campaign have a population limit brought down. This would force players to not stack in the 30 day camp.

moving players to other campaigns would help server performance.

An idea I have to implement the solution you are suggesting is to not only lower the population count but also remove campaign que. Meaning you cannot que for a campaign, if it’s full you can’t enter unless someone leaves. Period.
    This will make people go into other campaigns instead of everyone just dog piling into the 30 day campaign and clogging up the que while the 7 day campaign remains dead.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not true.

That is how it's everyday. Open your eyes :smiley: It's not like AD zergs at morning whole map with no actual enemies to fight. And then at afternoon to night dc with ep does the same and gate camps AD. You zerglings are so funny that you deny the obvious thing that everyone sees everyday :smiley:
    Edited by SilverPaws on May 31, 2019 4:44PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OP puts "Chum" in the title and gets edited for bait.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not true.

It's 100% true. You see all these faction RP players complain about "exploiters" and "faction hopping people" all the time whenever faction locks are brought into discussion. The RP players clearly wanted to hinder the ability for small scalers to actually group up with each other, hell you can see it on threads people have made recently about allowing all their characters to join a single faction for the entire campaign.

If picking and choosing a faction actually meant something to the game like it did back before one tamriel I wouldn't really have an issue with a faction lock, but instead they decided to just implement it in the 30 day campaigns because... why not? The faction locks should have been implemented into the 7 day campaigns rather than change an already existing and perfectly fine system.
    Edited by Rikumaru on June 1, 2019 9:31AM
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Faction lock is here to prevent good players to fight stacked blobs of zerglings trying to zerg whole map"

Thanks little White Knight <3
    You are the Hero we all need :D

'Good Players' you do make me laugh XD
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone says: "Faction locks are needed to balance out campaigns, eliminate spies and make scroll stealing a thing of the past"

3CQzASh.jpg
    Edited by ATomiX96 on June 3, 2019 12:24PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats not true.

That is how it's everyday. Open your eyes :smiley: It's not like AD zergs at morning whole map with no actual enemies to fight. And then at afternoon to night dc with ep does the same and gate camps AD. You zerglings are so funny that you deny the obvious thing that everyone sees everyday :smiley:

I think everyone sees it, @SilverPaws. The question is more about why AD does it in the morning? At least that is my question. I know they will tend to say, "This is our primetime." But why is it that? Could it be that the guilds out there now at that time don't really want a real fight but know that the map is empty of the other factions? If they were looking for real fights, why would they play on the NA server instead of a server where primetime actually more closely matches their own? That seems to me to be the material question.

Another question would be … Why not faction locks? This portion of the game was intended to be faction on faction. How can you accomplish that with people hoping all over the place depending on their moods? Besides, there is the choice to play on another campaign. In a day and age where acceptance is the mantra, why not accept that some people like factions locked down for the campaign?

Is seems to me that the same voices have been inundating the forums with their complaints about the faction lock, yet all they while they are scream acceptance of their views, they refuse to acknowledge that not everyone wants what they want. They don't speak for the majority. Until we ask every single person that has ever stepped foot in PvP, they don't know what the majority wants.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one goes to the 7 day campaign because No one goes to the 7 day campaign because No one goes to the 7 day campaign because No one goes to the 7 day campaign because No one goes to the 7 day campaign because No one goes to the 7 day campaign because...
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the faction lock. People commit to a campaign and then play it. If you want to swap back and forth with your friends then play a different campaign. Why take the option of faction lock away from those of us who prefer it?