The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Breton Hero Personality

blnchk
blnchk
✭✭✭✭✭
Description (thanks to the UESPWiki):

You've seen it all, gone through untold mayhem and survived, yet you're surrounded by ignorant and cheerful idiots who have no idea what the world's really like. Time to retreat into brooding melancholy, glowering contemptuously at everyone. Fools.
Alters the /approve, /idle2, and /idle3 emotes.

This personality is supposedly still in the game files, though it's unclear to me whether it's still being worked on. I'd like to at least express interest in it here, and very much hope that it's still relevant. It sounds like a must-have for my main!
Edited by blnchk on May 28, 2019 11:17AM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh, I'd never heard of this personality! If it's released, it's definitely going to be on my "must get it" list.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was deleted because the name is highly discriminatory. :neutral: Bretons brooding in melancholy, glowering contemptuously at others? *Gasp* You dare, sir?! King Emeric probably had it embargoed before it reached the Crown Store... trade wars are serious business and a Breton must manage their stirling reputation after all. :wink:

That said, I'm curious to see what it would've been like, and I'd like if it returned. They also have several unreleased Adornments which I'd love to wear, but alas, they too remain in only the game files with no indication that they'll ever be added to the crown store.
    ESOTempleSpikeTorcMorrowind.jpg
    oe9h0uroq8c21.jpg
    gp_crwn_adorn_arg_uni_tailspikes_1x1.jpg
    Add old items into the game already, please!!!
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few Khajiit NPCs with that tail fluff, makes me so jealous. :(
    There's one in the Lillandril Mage's Guild over in Summerset, and I thiiiink the other one is in the Brass Fortress over in Clockwork City (but I can't remember if he was there or not).

*edited to fix location of the Mage's Guild Khajiit with the tail tuft.
    Edited by meekmiko on October 20, 2019 11:36PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compering position of breton hero perso it looks like "furious" so maybe they just changed the name

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-personality-Furious.png

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-personality-Breton_Hero.png
    Edited by DarkPicture on May 28, 2019 10:05AM
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Compering position of breton hero perso it looks like "furious" so maybe they just changed the name

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-personality-Furious.png

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-icon-personality-Breton_Hero.png

I've noticed this too, but figured that even if Furious is based on Breton Hero, the latter still has the potential to be different enough. More cynical, less explicitly angry. Creating a new icon for it sounds like a minor thing. Maybe that's wishful thinking, though, and they really are one and the same. Would definitely be disappointing, if so.

Edit to add: Furious might very well be older, as it was released in 2016 while Breton Hero was datamined in 2017. Here's the related image:

gp_crwn_personality_bretonhero_1x1.jpg
    Edited by blnchk on May 28, 2019 11:11AM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at "forehead torc."
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing at "forehead torc."

It certainly looks ... unique.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are still assessing the crown price for maximum milking potentials.

"Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    My theory/hope now is that the personality will be released alongside an outfit based on the Breton Hero's new appearance in the E3 trailer. When that would be I have no idea.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like them to fix the Breton Hero costume, it looks nothing like the Breton Heroes outfit. I'm wondering, why? The Elven Hero Armor and Nord Hero costume look correct and awesome. Fix the Breton Hero costume please and get rid of that god awful utility belt which makes our characters look fat. Thanks.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like them to fix the Breton Hero costume, it looks nothing like the Breton Heroes outfit. I'm wondering, why? The Elven Hero Armor and Nord Hero costume look correct and awesome. Fix the Breton Hero costume please and get rid of that god awful utility belt which makes our characters look fat. Thanks.

But then it would look even less like the Breton Hero? :/
    And one big reason to why it doesn't look like the cinematics and art is because the game engine doesn't support all that flowing fabric.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They still need to fix the Breton hero costume

It looks bland, bulky, and ugly
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner