The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmuted Dungeon Items not taking my Enchants

MonkLoHan
MonkLoHan
✭✭✭
Is this a bug or am I missing something here? Spent the last couple of weeks farming COA for Burning Spellweave only to go transmute items to desired traits (Divines) and upgrade to GOLD. Then, when trying to apply GOLD enchant, item doesnt accept it, then my GOLD glyph just disappears. A couple of times, I could see the gold glyph in my inventory, but when I go to item I want to enchant, it says "no glyphs available" when I KNOW I have it.

What gives here?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The three (3) most common player mistakes with glyphs are:

1. A mismatch between the glyph type and the piece of gear or jewelry. For example, jewelry glyphs can’t be placed on armor, and weapon glyphs can’t be placed on jewelry ... and so on.

2. The wrong level of glyph compared to the piece of gear or jewelry. For example, you can’t put a CP160 glyph on a CP150 piece of gear or jewelry.

3. Applying a glyph that does not change the stats of the enchanted gear piece or jewelry. This is more of an issue with dropped sets. When you upgrade the quality of a dropped set piece, the enchantment automatically upgrades with it. Unless the piece was already enchanted prior.

If you’re sure it’s not one of these, @MonkLoHan, post a screenshot of the issue so we can help you further.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 26, 2019 11:51PM
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you turn a dropped purple item into a gold item, it's enchant upgrades to gold too. It won't upgrade to gold if you had replaced the enchant with your own though.

What I am saying is that you don't need to apply gold magicka enchants to it, because the act of upgrading the gear with it's default magicka enchant to gold will also upgrade it's default enchantment to gold.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you can confirm this yourself. Simply look at how much Magicka the Gold Enchantment adds, and then look at how much Magicka your golden divines chest piece has. The two numbers should match.
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this really ticks me off.

1. Looted some blue Impen Burning Spellweave gloves with 386 Max magicka enchant.

2. Transmuted Impen Burning Spellweave to Divines.

3. Improved Divines Burning Spellweave gloves to GOLD.

4. Created armor glyph of Truly Superb Glyph of health worth 954 health GOLD.

6. Enchant Burning Spellweave gloves with health glyph and it shows only as 386 health (?!?!?!)

Why did my 954 health glyph turn into a 386 health enchant when applied to this gold CP160 item?
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Now I am stuck with gear I grinded and grinded and grinded to get, but am now unable to enchant it to specs worthy of my CP 725 Master crafter.

Wasted at least 8 Kuta trying to figure this out.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

1. Looted some blue Impen Burning Spellweave gloves with 386 Max magicka enchant.

6. Enchant Burning Spellweave gloves with health glyph and it shows only as 386 health (?!?!?!)

Why did my 954 health glyph turn into a 386 health enchant when applied to this gold CP160 item?

It's only worth 954 if you put the enchant on a larger piece of armor like chest or legs. Smaller pieces get less from the enchant.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MonkLoHan wrote: »

Chest, Legs, Helm, and Shield pieces get the full enchant. These are called "large" pieces

Gloves, Boots, Shoulders and Waist get smaller enchant. These are called "small" pieces

The game is vague on the details of this. I, too, wasted materials figuring this out back in the day.

Also, certain bosses will only drop certain size (small or large) pieces... so if you're farming for a particular piece make sure it's a boss that can actually drop it. (in general, "main" bosses drop large pieces, "mini" bosses drop small) If it's a quest boss, it's probably a "main", if it's not a quest boss, it's probably a "mini"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points