The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hidden Blade or Dreuger King Slayer for a HA NB (DW build)

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
So, I really want to ensure I've got Major Brutality up as much as possible on my HA NB, and to do it without pots (I want to have tri-pots available at all times). As Ilevel this char, I've found myself all too often in trouble, while a brutality pot timer wears off, wishing I could tap the tri-pot (and currently, I'm a bit too low level to have vigor on the bar, but that's about to be rectified, but even then it only does HP and more often I'm needing the stam a tri-pot can provide).

I originally intended to go Ravager for the fun/novelty of it (and after witnessing an absolutely beast mode player using it repeatedly in BG's when he wasn't running a similar DW/Bow build running Air+Red Mountain, which I thought was interesting but not optimal -- his skill made up for it against us relatively newer players), but considering DKS now to keep the Major Brutality up full time (and save me a bar slot for something else like Rend).

Any insights appreciated.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Just realized, there's no actual question - just an implied one.

Is this a viable, effective PvP option? To go DKS with the NB and do well with it. Seems like the assured 100% uptime of around 500 via Major brutality outweighs the 8% but higher # from Ravager. But obviously if I could time pots better I could have the best of both.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to level your alchemy crafting. If you do there’s a passive that extends the duration of potions.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The opportunity cost of dedictaing a full 5 piece to an easily available buff is too high in a vast majortiy of cases.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to level your alchemy crafting. If you do there’s a passive that extends the duration of potions.

I've got it. That's not my concern. If a MB pot is running, I cannot override it with a tripot if I need to can I? That's the part I'm trying to get around.

I imagine Ravager is probably the preferred choice but I'm looking for ideas here based on the option limits ingame. Or am I misunderstanding how potions work in combat (I thought tripots and MB pots are in the same category)?
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I've gotten some more feedback and basically I am being coached that relying on vigor, the KB arrow for heals and using brutality pots is the way to go, no matter what.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used DKS on my stamblade for a while...i liked it a lot...similar to rattlecage - it's a great "beginners" set...
    Dreugh King Slayer
    (2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Gain Major Brutality at all times, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%. When you kill an enemy, you gain Major Expedition for 8 seconds, increasing your Movement Speed by 30%.

the truth is though - you probably should be using hidden blade or potions...hidden blade though can be tough to work in with your bow and optimizing that particular type of damage (which DKS takes care of)...

as someone mentioned above:
    Royaji wrote: »
    The opportunity cost of dedicating a full 5 piece to an easily available buff is too high in a vast majority of cases.

this is a cheap option for a brutality pot...
    ALLIANCE BATTLE DRAUGHT
    LEVEL 1-CP160
    Restore 238-6986 Stamina immediately.
    Grants Major Endurance which increases your Stamina Regeneration by 20% for 8-34.9 seconds.
    Grants Major Brutality which increases your Weapon Damage by 20% for 8-34.9 seconds.
    Edited by geonsocal on May 28, 2019 11:45PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    @geonsocal - thanks for the insight man, very helpful.

I can make essence of weapon power currently (brutality, critical, stam), but that endurance version would be great too. Where can you purchase it?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvP, Power Extraction will be enough.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @lukoi the cyro siege and battlegrounds merchants sell em for about 200 AP each I think...

the merchant in daggerfall is pretty close to the wayshrine there...

I only really use the good stuff when I'm in a tough dungeon situation or battlegrounds, overland/questing and regular cyrodiil, the cheap stuff (there's a health and spell draught version also) is just fine for me...

with imperial city, it just depends on the situation, if things get personal (about the only place they really ever do for me - not a bad thing :) ) - I'm gonna take some time to go over my rotations and make sure I have the best, of whatever I got, equipped...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 29, 2019 2:03AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget power extraction (I use this on console and recommend it)
    Edited by Metemsycosis on May 29, 2019 2:49AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how I missed PE, so will level that up and get a feel for it, but in the end its soaking a slot that could goto another skill.

Appreciate the help all, it definitely shows that whether I go pots or PE for Brutality, I should get it without spending my 5-piece on it. Right now I'm trying to finish off BPT to go with Ravager set, and then optimize the resources with glyphs.

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Power extraction is a great skill to have on your bar even of you dont need the brutality, it does a lot of aoe damage and can apply defile on any target it hits.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Power extraction is a great skill to have on your bar even of you dont need the brutality, it does a lot of aoe damage and can apply defile on any target it hits.

Is defile a new addition to PE? As I was already using DW's WB skill, the second AoE didnt seem as pertinent to me in pvp (but probably so on pve), which is probably part of why I originally didnt consider it.

If it does add defile as well as trigger brutality, then I will definitely add it and go to tripots instead of using weapon essence pots.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Is defile a new addition to PE? As I was already using DW's WB skill, the second AoE didnt seem as pertinent to me in pvp (but probably so on pve), which is probably part of why I originally didnt consider it.

If it does add defile as well as trigger brutality, then I will definitely add it and go to tripots instead of using weapon essence pots.

All disease damage can proc major defile. Pretty sure power extraction is a 10% chance per hit.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

All disease damage can proc major defile. Pretty sure power extraction is a 10% chance per hit.

5% since it is AoE
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all, good info.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power Extraction
    Cast Time - Instant
    Duration - 20 sec
    Target - Area
    Range - 8m radius
    Cost - 2754 Stamina

Siphon the vigor from your enemies’ blood, dealing 496 Disease Damage to all nearby enemies.
    If an enemy is hit, you gain Major Brutality, increasing Weapon Damage by 20% of 20 seconds.
    Converts into a Stamina ability, that deals increased damage done.

the only problem with drain power - is it doesn't really help you if you are starting off with a ranged attacked (bow, destro staff) because of the short range (8 m) and necessity for hitting a target to proc major brutality of sorcery...

if you have a dual wield/bow set up - flying blade (28 m range) can be a nice way to kick the party off, although you lose any surprise you may have had before you can fire off a half dozen lethal arrows :p ...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 29, 2019 8:20PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Power Extraction
    Cast Time - Instant
    Duration - 20 sec
    Target - Area
    Range - 8m radius
    Cost - 2754 Stamina

Siphon the vigor from your enemies’ blood, dealing 496 Disease Damage to all nearby enemies.
    If an enemy is hit, you gain Major Brutality, increasing Weapon Damage by 20% of 20 seconds.

the only problem with drain power - is it doesn't really help you if you are starting off with a ranged attacked (bow, destro staff) because of the short range (8 m) and necessity for hitting a target to proc major brutality of sorcery...

if you have a dual wield/bow set up - flying blade (28 m range) can be a nice way to kick the party off, although you lose any surprise you may have had before you can fire off a half dozen lethal arrows :p ...

@geonsocal

Not actually a problem at all. There is a big misconception about the importance of Major Brutality. It increases damage on average from 5-10%, even lesser with bigger stamina pools. The initial Poison Injection hit is insignificantly low in damage and would hit only around 100 harder in PvP, with Major brutality. Same goes for the following ambush. Your burst combo starts with Power Extraction, so by the time, you are actually dealing major damage, you have it already.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Power Extraction
    Cast Time - Instant
    Duration - 20 sec
    Target - Area
    Range - 8m radius
    Cost - 2754 Stamina

@geonsocal

Not actually a problem at all. There is a big misconception about the importance of Major Brutality. It increases damage on average from 5-10%, even lesser with bigger stamina pools. The initial Poison Injection hit is insignificantly low in damage and would hit only around 100 harder in PvP, with Major brutality. Same goes for the following ambush. Your burst combo starts with Power Extraction, so by the time, you are actually dealing major damage, you have it already.

my rotations leave much to be desired - but, i understand what you're saying...that is a flipping awesome explanation...thank you very much :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 29, 2019 8:32PM