The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Sorcerer Support/Healer PvP

Aveeth
Aveeth
Soul Shriven
Heey :)

I need help with build :)
I use :
Fortified Brass (5x heavy)
Seducer (Rings , frost staff , resto staff)
Thurvokun (1Medium 1Light)
Armor full impe and magicka
Jewelery Magicka, 1x spell dmg 2x magic recovery
Resto staff Powered and Magic absorb Frost staff Infused and weakening

Front bar ( Resto) : Hardened Ward, Summon Twilight Matriarch, Healing Ward, Dark Conversion, Ball of Lightning and ulti : Light's Champion

Backbar (Frost) : Elemental Blockade ( i use this because staff have enchant Weakening and infused trait) , Summon Twilight Matriarch , Rune Cage , Restraining Prison , Boundless Storm and ulti : Absorption Field.

Sorcerer Support & Healer
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do have have access to all the items in game? In general all the best specs in pvp use one of the set item weapons. The trick is to use one set with an effect that only needs to be on one bar and on the other bar break that 5 piece with the weapon so you get both effects.

In your case I recommend Transmutation (if you’re willing to change and use hots) because it’s easy to break, and the restoration staff from BRP (I think that’s the one) where ward gives major vitality because it looks like you like shields. Fortified brass is good, but for sorcs people typically like armour master with harness magicka instead... oh, and tanky 5L > tanky 5h on magicka.

For monster set I’m not sure which one is best.

Sorc is the one class I don’t have so my advice likely isn’t tailored to your class but maybe something like this?

Resto/Resto:

Sorc Ward, Ward Ally, Matriarch, Symbiosis, Ball of Lightning - Light’s Champion

Matriarch, Rune Cage, Rapid Regen, Combat Prayer, Boundless Storm - Absorbtion Field

Sorry, I don’t know sorcs we’ll so am guessing at which sorc abilities would be best. In general I’d say incorporating Combat Prayer is a good idea.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 27, 2019 10:44PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Aveeth
    Aveeth
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you. Transmutation really good.

I change my build:
    Transmutatiom Resto staff Frontbar defensive trait , jewelery trait magicka
    Seducer 3heavy ( chest, legs, shoes) 2light (hands,waist) all impe
    Bloodspawn 2x heavy, impe
    3stat ench (head,chest,legs) and magicka (Shoulder, Waist, Hands, Shoes)
    Blackrose Restoration Staff with powered trait. Backbar

I change my Altmer for Argonian. Breton is good too.

Frontbar : Mutagen (transmutation proc), Summon Twilight Matriarch, Rune Cage , Restraining Prison, Boundless Storm, Absorption Field

Backbar : Ward Ally, Summon Twilight Matriarch, Hardened Ward, Dark convertion , Ball of Lightning, Light's Champion

Mundus : The Lady

Edited by Aveeth on May 29, 2019 11:17AM
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    If you ran protective traits on 2 jewellery and the magicka mundus you would end up with more resistances and more magicka.

Having said that you could go breton and replace seducer too. Lich on a proc bar is also strong.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I agree with Betty. Usually what I do when I’m trying to figure out how to create my spec is I look for stat efficiencies. By that I mean certain sets and items are better then others, for example prismatic glyphs give you more of 3 stats then if you use 3 individual stamina, magicka and health. All 3 stats are good in pvp so I always use all prismatic glyphs.

Then I plan around hitting certain benchmarks like X health, X resists/defence (enough so you’re ungankable) and so much sustain. Then with what’s left I try to boost my healing as much as possible. Some sets like impregnable armour make no sense to use as a healer because Transmutation gives almost as much crit resists for just yourself, plus have a group benefit.

One more thing. If you’re pvp healing in cyrodiil full healers work well. If you’re pvp healing BGs adding some damage is helpful to offset having a healer instead of a dps. It also helps to pay attention to your team mates and figure out who’s not worth healing because they’re in a ridiculous glass canon spec, or who’s using mist form because you can’t heal them when they’re low health. Hot them and shields would probably work well, just don’t blow your mana on matriarch heals.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 29, 2019 3:26PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Aveeth
    Aveeth
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you :) i try.
  • Aveeth
    Aveeth
    Soul Shriven
    3 stats on all gear ? I think its good bcs i have dark convertion ( stamina for magicka and health). In BG i have 30k magicka in overworld 35-36k. When i change magicka for 3stat my magicka will be low...🤔
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aveeth wrote: »
    3 stats on all gear ? I think its good bcs i have dark convertion ( stamina for magicka and health). In BG i have 30k magicka in overworld 35-36k. When i change magicka for 3stat my magicka will be low...🤔

Yea, it can be. As a pvp healer priorities change from pve. It’s personal survivability > healing output.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking, if you are running 5 heavy you dont need any where near that regen from those two sets.You will get quite a bit of magicka back from resto HAs which will also proc major mending. Coupled with major Vit from BRP makes for some crazy big matriach heals.

Transmutation on one bar can be funny. Mutagen isnt something casted under pressure and you will generally be on your BRP bar in the heat of battle. Which means you will less likely meet the conditions for xmute set so you may not get much value out of it. You are probably better running full xmute or trading xmute for lich jewellery and wep.

Maybe trade seducer for heavy shacklebreaker. Healing mundus or switch to atro if needed. Run 2 protective and one triune or infused with spell dmg glyph. 1 cost reduction (unless breton then run a second recovery) and a recovery for jewellery.

Definitely look into trying to run one destro. Heals and utility is better then just heals. Infused staff with blockade procs enchants well. Clench or reach is better cc then rune cage. Ive found mutagen to be quite week especially in BGs so you may need to forgo it to achieve that.

Just my 2 cents