The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Soul Shred in PvP - any good?

lukoi
lukoi
✭✭✭
So I'm leveling an HA based NB and finding this skill particularly fun in BG's but that might be a function of my sub 30 level atm. I'm concerned it does not scale well, or isn't as useful in PvP by 50. I also, don't remember seeing anyone using it in BG's or open world before, which is why I suspect it's not optimal.

Am I off base? Is it useful for a melee based build?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That ulti is awesome for pvp.
    I used to run soul tether on my magblade and one day i went to cyro with the other morph, soul siphon, because i forgot to remorph it back to tether (because i used that magblade as a healer for a while). Soul siphon is an awesome insta burst heal + a nice heal over time, definitelly worth it.
    Edited by Vietfox on May 24, 2019 6:03PM
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seconded. Soul tether is meh outside really tanky builds and bombers but Soul Siphon is awesome.

I found when I tried to use Soul tether and aoe with it I’d die during the ability. Little red lines tie yourself to those you hit and people follow the red lines to kill you. Without major protection, or some form of mitigation, it’s risky to use.

It’s generally not a good idea as a magblade to try to brawl, but things might have changed this patch with the merciless mitigation change, I haven’t tried it since Elys.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Appreciate guys but I specifically am referring to Soul Shred.

Damage + Stun. I'm not asking about the morphs.
    Options
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lukoi wrote: »

Soul tether keeps the damage and the stun so i guess that will be the morph you'll choose.
    Soul tether is nice when 1vXing, use it offensively and not as a last resort because against ok players you'll probably die either way.
    Edited by Vietfox on May 24, 2019 6:19PM
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been using it on my HA stamblade as an “oh ***” button since undo seems to still have bug issues this patch.

Soul shred isn’t as much healing as soul siphon but if you’re a HA stamblade you should have enough mitigation this patch that you wouldn’t need a ton of healing anyway, and the PBAOE Stun should help you get to the nearest line of site opportunity while the extra HoT should fill you back up quickly.

It doesn’t hit very hard in CP though.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    lukoi wrote: »

Soul tether keeps the damage and the stun so i guess that will be the morph you'll choose.
    Soul tether is nice when 1vXing, use it offensively and not as a last resort because against ok players you'll probably die either way.

Ah somehow I missed that it kept the stun there. Thanks!

Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a fan.

Costly ult with low kill potential from my experience since it’s only really useful in outnumbered situations, compared to Soul Harvest that you can clap a lower cp with and turn the numbers tide.

Soul Siphon like others have said is super useful tho. Great burst heal
    Options