The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Does the silence on Incap help or hurt stamblades in PvP?

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This question is for nightblades. Some prefer the 70 ultimate version of Incap, because it does not grant targets CC immunity. They would argue that their nightblade build is more effective without the negate, as it leaves targets open to be stunned with a better CC, such as Fear.
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB

Does the silence on Incap help or hurt stamblades in PvP? 36 votes

I like that the 120+ version of Incap negates targets. Please retain the silence at 120+ ultimate.
22%
deepseamk20b14_ESOKr3dosusmitdsNelothLaurenIsAwkwardMassiveFumesTriangularChickenerio 8 votes
I prefer the 70 ultimate version of Incap. Please remove the silence at 120+ ultimate.
77%
ZelosDracaneRikumaruLordTareqCheloStiganttechnohicRagnaroek93kollege14a5Strider__RoshinSanctum74AedarylUltrabored1MirelaUmbrellaVietfoxOrange_fire_dragonFur_like_snowEatmyfaceJackAshesATomiX96 28 votes
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the 120+ version of Incap negates targets. Please retain the silence at 120+ ultimate.
    I would like it to be changed to Stun back. Or do higher damage instead. But the Silence is nice as if you combo fast enough, magicka builds generally panic on being Silenced, unable to cast spells and instead of breaking free immediately, they burn stamina blocking or dodging, before finally breaking free. If you silence them with Incap, you can guarantee that they will be out of stam for the next CC in 6 seconds, if they survive till then.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the 70 ultimate version of Incap. Please remove the silence at 120+ ultimate.
    I feel its not needed. About the best use I can think of is get wear them down, get bleeds and defile on them, and then use it but that can be accomplished by a fear
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suppose I could have added more options along the lines of:

"I switched to Dawnbreaker"
    "I'm a stamblade using Soul Harvest"
    "I want ZOS to revert / add something other than silence" (Not going to happen, I would say.)

However that wouldn't speak to how useful or useless the breakable silence of Incap is. I was inspired by the following video, which I find a realistic assessment from a long-term player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEptIMEnZDE
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i need the stun for finishing move and counter attack, so incap current state is useless
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for no real reason as I could care less about stun or silence. Honestly it’s better to stun or knockdown into an incap since it’s very easy to dodge as is. I’d rather have the defile back. Reave is cool but it’s hard to choose incap over DBoS at the moment honestly. It is cheaper and good for those who prefer the ganking play style I suppose.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stun and defile please, it was fine.
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stun should go back on. Silence is only really useful against magicka builds, and even then it still allows them to move around, even though I'm CC'ing them to be able to hit them with the short as all hell range on stamblade's skills. Almost completely useless against stamina, and only half useful against magicka, stun was way better, and was actually worth the CC immunity window.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the *** would you want to silence someone for 3 seconds (which grants them CC immunity afterwards)
    Silence (which you can CC-Break) does absolutely nothing against Stam builds and little to nothing against mag builds either, they can still fight back, vigor, dodge roll, etc. and you give them CC-Immunity for free.
    Options
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silence is only good against magicka builds. Unbreakable is too strong, breakable is meme. Obviously nightmare to balance out.
    Nerfig incap, that I can understand, but nerfing it by putting useless CC on it which practically gives your enemy CC immunity so you can't actually use, or don't want to use your supposedly better version at stored 120 ult. That's one of the dumbest changes in ESO's history.
    Edited by Stigant on May 25, 2019 1:03PM
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silence is terrible. I switched to Dawnbreaker. Can recommend.
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence seems to do nothing to stam builds, as others said. It may do something to magicka builds but often they seem unaffected. Guess I will switch to Dbos
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silence is terrible. I switched to Dawnbreaker. Can recommend.
    Options