The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Magblades, what news from the front

Knootewoot
Knootewoot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How does pvp work for you?

I haven't logged in yet to pvp due to limited time I have. But I am curious how pvp is for you since the latest update.
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a magblade? Can you eat that like a cookie?
    Options
  • DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, brawler magblade felt really strong. Freue 15% reduction + 8% minor is huge. U can pretty much run 3 offensive Sets or get even more tankier.

Combined with Rat + shade U r good to go.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    What is a magblade? Can you eat that like a cookie?

Magblades, according to the very old tale are the ancient beings.

Supposedly they watch your every move in Cyrodiil, always from a shadow.
    Legend has it, that they used to wield powers, that they used to punish the reckless travelers, that dared to travel alone. The legend also mentions that very rarely "magblades" were becoming visable to aid those who deserved it, healing their mortal wounds and giving them another chance.

But the legend has a very sad ending. "Maglades" had their power taken away by an ancient wizard that the legend only refers to as "Wrobel". The legend does not mention who this wizard was, but it only mention that he is long gone.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 23, 2019 7:54AM
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade is definitely stronger this patch.

The problem of magblade was fighting outnumbered with the crappy mobility because of snare, and the lack of tankiness/healing.

ZoS gave magblade more survivability from bow mitigation and healing + they give us mobility from double take and/or race against time. The fear buff is also quite strong as a defensive emergency shut up.

They also free a slot from elemental drain by using the debilitate criple morph (give minor magicka steal).

Magblade got 1 of their main problem resolved (mobility/survivability) but at the cost of damage.

The class still lack of a powerful heal and it's a true pain point. I'm still not sure if it's better to go healing ward and shadowy disguise to secure the heal or if going 30k HP and dark cloak is better.

The main problem I have is that I don't have enough space to get major expedition (RAT? Path?) and lotus fan (deal cripple dot damage in AoE + minor vulnerability).

Here are my bars :

Destro : merciless/swallow soul/Lotus fan/fear/Dampen and soul harvest.

Resto : shadow image/healing ward/debilitate/cloak/double take.

Missing major expedition :neutral:
    Options
  • DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

The problem of magblade was fighting outnumbered with the crappy mobility because of snare, and the lack of tankiness/healing.

ZoS gave magblade more survivability from bow mitigation and healing + they give us mobility from double take and/or race against time. The fear buff is also quite strong as a defensive emergency shut up.

They also free a slot from elemental drain by using the debilitate criple morph (give minor magicka steal).

Magblade got 1 of their main problem resolved (mobility/survivability) but at the cost of damage.

The class still lack of a powerful heal and it's a true pain point. I'm still not sure if it's better to go healing ward and shadowy disguise to secure the heal or if going 30k HP and dark cloak is better.

The main problem I have is that I don't have enough space to get major expedition (RAT? Path?) and lotus fan (deal cripple dot damage in AoE + minor vulnerability).

Here are my bars :

As quoted above, Go dark cloak. U can unslot healing Ward and have space for rat. Tankiness is really strong. I even dont use Double take
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Here are my bars :

Rat>Ward
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I looked at skooma smuggler for access to major expedition, but as soon as I picked it up I realized the duration of major expedition is 30 seconds and potion cooldowns are 45.

Still using Dampen even after the amount was corrected so it’s not that much stronger then harness magicka?

If you drop ward you can also drop resto altogether and use Soul Siphon as your back bar ultimate. Debilitate can go front bar unless you’re using it for Icy Conj.

About Lotus Fan - after pvping for a bit I’ve realized minor vulnerability is being applied by more then just NBs, Necros have an aoe spammable that applies it. If you aren’t solo the damage part is more important then the debuff.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 23, 2019 12:39PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I looked at skooma smuggler for access to major expedition, but as soon as I picked it up I realized the duration of major expedition is 30 seconds and potion cooldowns are 45.

Still using Dampen even after the amount was corrected so it’s not that much stronger then harness magicka?

If you drop ward you can also drop resto altogether and use Soul Siphon as your back bar ultimate. Debilitate can go front bar unless you’re using it for Icy Conj.

About Lotus Fan - after pvping for a bit I’ve realized minor vulnerability is being applied by more then just NBs, Necros have an aoe spammable that applies it. If you aren’t solo the damage part is more important then the debuff.

The uptime on the lotus minor vulnerability is what’s great about it. But like myself- ele weapon+Charged glyph... = solid uptime regardless.

Lotus would let me switch to a flame glyph tho which is appealing for the Dot.

Resto back bar is still my preference. Easiest and quickest way to proc a berserk glyph for combos.

Precognition for the backbar ulti as well. (Solo) - saves me when I get multiple cc spammers. 12k Stam? You need an out. Stam broke? Precog breaks the cc regardless. Shade away for even more defense right after if you have it placed in a good spot. +Dark cloak gives the minor protection uptime now

Soul siphon in any group play tho.
    Edited by Insco851 on May 23, 2019 1:59PM
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent played around too much with sets, but the brawler magblade is definitly stronger. Still the main issue persists, that is lack of healing over all. I gave swallow soul a second chance but its again less healing than even resilient lol. Played around with healing path and dark cloak, but overall its way too much barspace for subpar effects.

Sadly I think still the way to go is stacking shields, play with cloak and shade for controlling fights. Not my playstyle at all sadly, so I might skip my main class yet another update.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just try blessing of resto, it’s more healing than combat prayer, you can block/ani-cancel, it’s really not bad.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Use the gold Potion Cooldown Glyphs or 2 Gold Infused Potion Cooldown Glyphs to have 100% uptime on Major Expedition.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I dislike about brawler type builds is that it's probably better to run double take for the increase snare removal. Two seconds is so short of a time that it almost seems not worth it for builds utilizing dark cloak you will just be snared again right away. So if you want decent snare immunity you have to give up your major expedition or be a vampire.

It's the complete opposite for shadowy disguise though. Two seconds is plenty of time to get a cloak off and be gone and since you are invisible you can't be snared again right away. I feel like dark cloak is the strongest of the 2 though because healing and minor protection in my opinion is stronger than invisibility. But brawler builds are going to feel real sluggish open world next patch after the cripple nerf. Brawler builds will be amazing 1v1 though.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really thought/was planning on using the new double take HOWEVER, it’s ONLY worth using if you have major expedition or speed from some other source!
    2 secs on RAT is actually plenty for me because I care more about the removal than the immunity, it has major expedition built in, ups my crit dmg, & cost way less!
    Biggest thing being the higher cost associated.
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I really thought/was planning on using the new double take HOWEVER, it’s ONLY worth using if you have major expedition or speed from some other source!
    2 secs on RAT is actually plenty for me because I care more about the removal than the immunity, it has major expedition built in, ups my crit dmg, & cost way less!

Agreed, RAT for dps. Phantasmal escape for healers and maybe brawlers. Lots of aoe in melee range, I think the evasion is better then the expedition.

About brawler builds. I think 1v1 or group play with a healer Dark Cloak would be okay, but no way 1vX or group play with no healer.

It’s been a long time since I’ve tried dark cloak, but I’m hesitant to try it because magblades don’t look like they have enough self healing to make it work. I think results will vary depending on setting.
    Edited by Iskiab on May 23, 2019 5:05PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, RAT for dps. Phantasmal escape for healers and maybe brawlers. Lots of aoe in melee range, I think the evasion is better then the expedition.

About brawler builds. I think 1v1 or group play with a healer Dark Cloak would be okay, but no way 1vX or group play with no healer.

It’s been a long time since I’ve tried dark cloak, but I’m hesitant to try it because magblades don’t look like they have enough self healing to make it work. I think results will vary depending on setting.

Big reason why I run Troll King. Gotta still have an additional heal somewhere.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer having a static 1.6-1.7k health recovery with alessian & willows

2heavy reinforced (chest & legs), 5 light impen
    I’m a brawler but I switched to Destro staff for extra bar slot (removal of forward momentum), & inc dmg via Destro passives.
    I was doing a little 1vX the other day pulling zerglings off a resource where the 2 opposing factions were fighting.
    Edited by kaithuzar on May 23, 2019 6:24PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer having a static 1.6-1.7k health recovery with alessian & willows

2heavy reinforced (chest & legs), 5 light impen
    I’m a brawler but I switched to Destro staff for extra bar slot (removal of forward momentum), & inc dmg via Destro passives.
    I was doing a little 1vX the other day pulling zerglings off a resource where the 2 opposing factions were fighting.

That’s a nice number but it seems like you are giving up a lot of damage for that as well.
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Insco851
    I have two infused spell damage glyphs on jewelry plus I proc molag kena as a monster set, plus 1 inc sp & wp dmg glyph on weapon, + I have 15k pen due to sharpened, Lover Mundus, & cp

I sustain by being a Breton & having 1 infused mag recovery for a total of 2.1k mag regen which is ~2.5k with continuous attacks.
    Edited by kaithuzar on May 24, 2019 4:31AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to use Slimecraw now but I’m having a blast bursting people from full Hp in 1-2 seconds. Back to the roots gameplay. Ofc I get rolled when caught out tho lol

Suru
    Options
  • DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭
    Brawler Blade IS really strong, 5x necro, 5x amberplasm, 2x Monster of ur choice - Kickinger crazy stats with a flat 23%dmg reduction. We did lose 8% dmg, but gained 15%reduction, this is pretty much old wizards rippste Style - I Love IT.
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Insco851
    I have to infused spell damage glyphs on jewelry plus I proc molag kena as a monster set, plus 1 inc sp & wp dmg glyph on weapon, + I have 15k pen due to sharpened, Lover Mundus, & cp

I sustain by being a Breton & having 1 infused mag recovery for a total of 2.1k mag regen which is ~2.5k with continuous attacks.

Very interesting setup. Kudos
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is no one can ever replicate it exactly to see how strong it is because good luck obtaining gold alessian jewelry!
    Edited by kaithuzar on May 24, 2019 4:34AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Grim Focus Mitigation is... pretty bleeding strong. Still running my trash engine guardian/spinner's/spell strat resto/master's destro set up. Still have one protective on. It's like light and day on survivability. Probably going to drop a damage set because I'm not going to have to totally crutch on quite so much damage combined with Shadowy.

RAT is part of that survivability and is just amazing feeling. Isn't good at pre-buffing but still gives the ability to avoid burst that people try to secure with snares.

Bars are hard tho. Swapped Lotus Fan for Cripple and I swapped my second flex heal for RAT. Feels good to see people rolling when I just wanted to put a DoT on them. Helps hide when the Incap hits. Also sometime gaps closing is... not strategic... so I'm left just not casting a skill on my bar.

New Assassin's Will speed is nice. Think people got used to dodging its slower firing speed and they will adjust. For now I have been able to shoot people in the face all day with a bow proc even just for a bit of pressure. Feels good, but it feels even better as part of a combo ofc.
    Options
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    New fear is really good (when they don’t run away it’s game changing for melee magblades, imho) . Lotus fan and cripple dots are a bit stronger, cripple change helps with sustain and bar space a lot. It’s also very handy taking into an account changes from previous patch, when you no longer have to slot destro skills in order to get dmg - now I don’t use destro skills at all.

Ass will travel time reduction seems good, and an option to save it and have mitigation is really cool.

People asking for a strong burst heal, are you serious? We already have strong burst, strong dots, strong mitigation, strong HoTs and best mobility. Adding BoL on top of that will be overkill...
    Edited by Neloth on May 24, 2019 7:57AM
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    New fear is really good (when they don’t run away it’s game changing for melee magblades, imho) . Lotus fan and cripple dots are a bit stronger, cripple change helps with sustain and bar space a lot. It’s also very handy taking into an account changes from previous patch, when you no longer have to slot destro skills in order to get dmg - now I don’t use destro skills at all.

Ass will travel time reduction seems good, and an option to save it and have mitigation is really cool.

People asking for a strong burst heal, are you serious? We already have strong burst, strong dots, strong mitigation, strong HoTs and best mobility. Adding BoL on top of that will be overkill...

actually I'd be just fine if swallow soul woul heal for appropriate amounts and healing path would last more than a total of fraction of a seconds. Dark cloak heal is decent now though, but all these skills are way too expensive for what they do
    Options
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    DokThor90 wrote: »
    Brawler Blade IS really strong, 5x necro, 5x amberplasm, 2x Monster of ur choice - Kickinger crazy stats with a flat 23%dmg reduction. We did lose 8% dmg, but gained 15%reduction, this is pretty much old wizards rippste Style - I Love IT.

Mind sharing your bars? Will be running the same sets, but finding it hard to squeeze Merciless in.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, only big issue is swallow soul I think... and buffs being too stretched out on abilities. If I could get a way for swallow soul to be a reliable healing amount I’d be happy. You’re lucky if you can get it to tick for more then 500 in pvp, if it’s not reflected.

Class seems to want to push magblades to use it, then make it so weak it’s not worth using.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    Options
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, only big issue is swallow soul I think... and buffs being too stretched out on abilities. If I could get a way for swallow soul to be a reliable healing amount I’d be happy. You’re lucky if you can get it to tick for more then 500 in pvp, if it’s not reflected.

Class seems to want to push magblades to use it, then make it so weak it’s not worth using.

The major issue is it ticks every 2 seconds. If it’s a spammable- you get nothing.
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played for a while, and everything's better than last patch on my build as I anticipated. RAT and the 15% mitigation really helps.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options