The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'll give it 3 months, but why I think faction lock is a failure.

LuxLunae
LuxLunae
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Whatever faction gets on first and controls the map and pulls up a lead.
2. people will wait for somebody to pull up a lead.
3. They will all join that faction, leaving the other 2 empty.

Sorry I had a more descriptive post but my blood sugar dropping I haven't eaten since this morning.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The initial rush to be that first faction will fill all three though.

People are just upset they can't faction swap to their fancy anymore. PvP needs more Alliance loyalty.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious question...What prevents everyone from doing the 7 day campaigns for 3 weeks and then on the last week of the 30 day go in on the alliance that is winning and riding their coattails...which would actually result in 80 transmute stones for those toons...
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction hopping is dead, hurray for the devs.

Working as intended.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Serious question...What prevents everyone from doing the 7 day campaigns for 3 weeks and then on the last week of the 30 day go in on the alliance that is winning and riding their coattails...which would actually result in 80 transmute stones for those toons...

This is exactly what I was saying XD... what is stopping them from doing so?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Best idea so far.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a good idea. I could use some more stones.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The fact that it actually doesn't matter which alliance you fight for, just that you get 25k AP to make the Tier 1 rewards to get the geode?

I figure its far more likely to work like this.

Player who only goes to Cyrodiil to farm for transmute stones goes to the 30 Day campaign on whatever faction they have the most characters to maximize their reward.

With their remaining multi-faction characters, they either farm the 7 day campaign, or (more likely) sit out the 7 day campaign because its too much effort, and probably complain that it takes more effort to get the same transmute stones reward now.

Maybe I'm wrong, and the players who farm transmute stones really will put in the effort every week to get tier one rewards on all their characters. But I doubt it. And I suspect that's okay with ZOS, given that transmute stones aren't supposed to be the primary way to get gear in the desired trait.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 23, 2019 1:23AM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play no CP. Is there a no CP 7 day campaign ?

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

For how long...?
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’ll be fine. People are hyped about it. Saw dat Khajiit wishing the faction hoppers love.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nothing.

Transmute farmers have been doing this all along.

Faction locks were reintroduced to address abuses that were made possible by faction-hoping. These issues have been thoroughly discussed for at least two years. ZoS specifically stated that two of the abuses violated ZoS's intended Cyrodiil game play and requested player reports when those abuses occurred.

When Update 18 went Live, ZoS stated they were "still looking at concerns regarding Alliance loyalty to Campaigns". This suggested that the evidence of faction-hopping abuses and damage to competitive gameplay was sufficient for ZoS to monitor the frequency and impact of faction-hoping abuses. Now, after a year of private observation, along with continued abuse reports, it appears ZoS has decided that reintroduction of limited faction-locks is necessary.

I'm sure ZoS will continue to monitor the change. I seriously doubt that all faction-locks will be removed n less than a year, simply because it has taken well over a year for ZoS to take this action... unless a drastic change to competitive game play occurs. However, the change in scoring for Scroll capping made a drastic change, and ZoS has not adjusted that at all. They allowed sufficient time to see if players and Alliances would adapt... which they have.

The vast majority of players who played multiple factions are probably completely unaware of the impact of faction-hopping abuses and had nothing to do with it. I take them at their word that they were enjoying playing as the saw fit to play.

Nevertheless, thanks to a small minority of players who saw ways to exploit faction-hoping to their benefit, the abuses occurred, competitive game play was damaged, and ZoS took the action recommended by players.

In short... adapt.

edit: note 'faction-hopping' is not the same as playing multiple factions. In writing my post, I may not have made the difference clear. Playing multiple factions is not 'abusive'. The majority of these players, in my view, are completely innocent. The ability to change factions at whim gave a few exploiters a window to abuse. That's why a faction-locked campaign option is necessary.
    Edited by therift on May 23, 2019 4:17AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People are just upset they can't faction swap to their fancy anymore. PvP needs more Alliance loyalty.

Zos created this situation. They removed all alliance restrictions everywhere and now are putting them back in place and not permitting them to move characters to their faction of choice.

So no, they are not upset because Zos does not think things through and makes dumb decisions that the players have to deal with. It does not matter if you are for faction locks or not, it is impossible to disagree with this last sentence.

Yes, I know Zos does not want to offer faction locks and I know they say it is due to technical issues, but they caused this issue and lack the backbone to do what is right. That has been the problem with management of this game since before launch.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are training necros. 30 day cp pvp isn't where you do that. Much duh. Not an emergency.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...because no one will be able to easily sell Emperorship?
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    ...because no one will be able to easily sell Emperorship?

By jove youve cracked the case!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

I play no CP. Is there a no CP 7 day campaign ?

There has been last 3-4 weeks. Be nice if it stayed!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Yes, I know Zos does not want to offer faction locks and I know they say it is due to technical issues, but they caused this issue and lack the backbone to do what is right. That has been the problem with management of this game since before launch.

I couldn't agree more. From late beta it became clear ZOS are following whatever they think will please the crowds more. Cadwell's Silver and Gold didn't exist originally, they were put in because people wanted to see all of the Alliances on the same character. That was the start of eroding faction relevance. One Tamriel took it one step further, now players in different factions could group up and play together (outside instanced content). The appeal is obvious, but it also damaged the game.

ZOS could have adopted a hard stance and made it very clear: choose a side, fight for your side. They chose not to, but in addition they have dragged their feet on making clear rules about what is or isn't admissible. If Cyrodiil is to be a fair-play, competitive playstyle, then say so and act on cheaters and exploiters. If it is to be no man's land and encourage emergent gameplay, EVE-style, say that anything goes. But no, that would require them to grow a spine, make up their minds, and let us know.

Cyrodiil used to appeal to me for the long game of 30-day campaigns. Cheats, including cheat engine, and exploits, including flipping a 30-day campaign in the last 1 or 2 days by abusing the underdog bonus, drove me away for good.
    Edited by daemonios on May 24, 2019 5:39PM
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really pleased to see this coming in because in several campaigns, I've seen lots of players log onto red, turn the map, crown an emp, then all log onto blue and do the same thing over again, rinse and repeat.

It will also stop people from spying (we've had players log onto a yellow and follow our group around all night reporting our position) - well it doesn't stop it completely, but they'd have to be very dedicated to always play on their yellow and not their main.

Can't wait for this to land on PS4.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Nothing.

Transmute farmers have been doing this all along.

Faction locks were reintroduced to address abuses that were made possible by faction-hoping. These issues have been thoroughly discussed for at least two years. ZoS specifically stated that two of the abuses violated ZoS's intended Cyrodiil game play and requested player reports when those abuses occurred.

When Update 18 went Live, ZoS stated they were "still looking at concerns regarding Alliance loyalty to Campaigns". This suggested that the evidence of faction-hopping abuses and damage to competitive gameplay was sufficient for ZoS to monitor the frequency and impact of faction-hoping abuses. Now, after a year of private observation, along with continued abuse reports, it appears ZoS has decided that reintroduction of limited faction-locks is necessary.

I'm sure ZoS will continue to monitor the change. I seriously doubt that all faction-locks will be removed n less than a year, simply because it has taken well over a year for ZoS to take this action... unless a drastic change to competitive game play occurs. However, the change in scoring for Scroll capping made a drastic change, and ZoS has not adjusted that at all. They allowed sufficient time to see if players and Alliances would adapt... which they have.

The vast majority of players who played multiple factions are probably completely unaware of the impact of faction-hopping abuses and had nothing to do with it. I take them at their word that they were enjoying playing as the saw fit to play.

Nevertheless, thanks to a small minority of players who saw ways to exploit faction-hoping to their benefit, the abuses occurred, competitive game play was damaged, and ZoS took the action recommended by players.

In short... adapt.

edit: note 'faction-hopping' is not the same as playing multiple factions. In writing my post, I may not have made the difference clear. Playing multiple factions is not 'abusive'. The majority of these players, in my view, are completely innocent. The ability to change factions at whim gave a few exploiters a window to abuse. That's why a faction-locked campaign option is necessary.

They did it stop the cheaters. People were playing and then hopping on their other alliance rooms to flip the map and trade emp back and forth. It was ridiculous.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at someone’s opinion on the campaign locks is a great way to tell if they’re decent at PvP or not.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction swapping is the worst.

THIS
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dislike having to 'change' my home campaign from 30 day CP to 30 day CP for 150kAP just because the stupid name changed from something easy (VIVEC) to something incomprehensible (KRAMTOHSNAMTDHG or whatever it is)
    Other than that, don't care.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs dont really know how to fix anything... It was a bandaid in the first place... Atleast they slowed the faction hopping but was a poor implement. Cyrodiil is a sad husk of what other games offer.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Looking at someone’s opinion on the campaign locks is a great way to tell if they’re decent at PvP or not.

Yeah, all the people that don’t like them are trash. :D
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yeah, all the people that don’t like them are trash. :D

Solid arguments
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see any issues. Maybe pull ahead next campaign then.
  • Unstable.Pixel
    Unstable.Pixel
    ✭✭✭
    Faction locks are for goat herding alliance nerds. I guess there's always no-cp for the other 1/3rd of my characters.
    I swear to drunk i'm not god
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't cheat anymore. Get over it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Watching someone's pvp stream is also a way to tell if they are good at pvp or not, js cough cough

• msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only issue with faction lock is the lack of some alliance change options.

I'm a fairly loyal DC player, but when I started the game and made most of my toons, I didn't know PvP existed, so I obviously didn't even consider the Any Race Any Alliance package. I suspect many players have similar stories.

WIthout an option to change alliances (a la race change tokens), faction lock basically means I cannot play all my competitive toons in the one relevant campaign. There are very few things I'd blow IRL money / crowns on, but an alliance change token for my PvP toons now that faction lock exists would definitely get some $ out of me.