The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elsweyr Dragon Dailies are Unobtainable

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Battlereeve Tanerline is no where to be found
3aliqt6mm4mp.png
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From the PTS patch notes:
    Note that Dragon Hunt Dailies, and the Pellitine Motif that can be obtained by completing them, will both become available after Elsweyr's launch. Stay tuned!

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Note that Dragon Hunt Dailies, and the Pellitine Motif that can be obtained by completing them, will both become available after Elsweyr's launch. Stay tuned!

Alright noted, tho they really gotta update the achievement to say that
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just to get that right?

official release or early access?
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will probably work like the Elder Argonian motif in Murkmire, that only became active months after the original release to revitalise the area (which is fine as far as I am concerned).

Right now Elsweyr is pretty full and busy. It (and the dragon fights in particular) may need a bit of a kick start in the next few months to keep up the level of activity. The Battlereeve dailies will also add to the rewards for dragon slaying.

The sole downside is that no one will be able to ‘complete’ Elsweyr until then, but that’s not a big thing from my perspective.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlereve Tanerline, isn't that the same one that gives you the Sinking Summerset daily aswell? :)
    Edited by Maotti on May 25, 2019 11:36AM
    PC EU
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news about this?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know, but I still can't find him. :/
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Pelletine Motif is available on the Crown Store on 26th June so expect the Battlereeve to make an appearance then.
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not due till 26th june
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making people wait a month for access to a freaking daily for the expansion's biggest feature was stupid.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    My theory -

The main quest will be expanded, Rimmen is under arrack, and the other alliances (or maybe the rest of AD) will come in to help with the battle. Hence Battlereve Tanerline coming across from Summerset.

Hopefully sometime soon.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    My theory -

The main quest will be expanded, Rimmen is under arrack, and the other alliances (or maybe the rest of AD) will come in to help with the battle. Hence Battlereve Tanerline coming across from Summerset.

Hopefully sometime soon.

No, it's just a daily like any other. Talk to the NPC, kill 3 dragons, get your reward.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭

No, it's just a daily like any other. Talk to the NPC, kill 3 dragons, get your reward.

Yeh. I know it’s a daily. I’m saying, it’s Battlereve Tanerline, who also gives dailies in Summerset. So why does she also show up here?

My theory is, that the main quest is not over just yet. They will continue this at some point, and at that time she will show up and the dailies will be accessible. Maybe other alliances will come in to help the fight!
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeh. I know it’s a daily. I’m saying, it’s Battlereve Tanerline, who also gives dailies in Summerset. So why does she also show up here?

My theory is, that the main quest is not over just yet. They will continue this at some point, and at that time she will show up and the dailies will be accessible. Maybe other alliances will come in to help the fight!

Well, your theory is wrong. The daily has been available for the first 4 weeks on PTS and has absolutely nothing to do with the main quest.
    Tanerline even says that those lazy AD bums won't come to help.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, your theory is wrong. The daily has been available for the first 4 weeks on PTS and has absolutely nothing to do with the main quest.
    Tanerline even says that those lazy AD bums won't come to help.

Yeah but he also said he would prefer all the alliances to come together and battle the dragons and end the war. Maybe that’s why they haven’t updated Cyrodil for 5 years. Because they’re getting rid of it!

Come on man. Get behind the theory! Don’t prove me wrong.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory -

Hopefully sometime soon.

The only reason is devs not wanting us to "complete" or "be done with" any part of the game so soon. You're not supposed to do the "Kill 50 dragons" and "Complete 30 Dragon dailies" achiement in one go. You're supposed to log in to Elsweyr every day for many months to artificially increase the number of "active" players. Sounds like a boring grind? Just buy that Pellitine motif from the Crown Store then.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but he also said he would prefer all the alliances to come together and battle the dragons and end the war. Maybe that’s why they haven’t updated Cyrodil for 5 years. Because they’re getting rid of it!

Come on man. Get behind the theory! Don’t prove me wrong.

Keep dreaming
    They are not getting rid of Cyrodiil
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Keep dreaming
    They are not getting rid of Cyrodiil

I was being facetious...
    Edited by Carl-lan on June 8, 2019 12:22PM
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason is devs not wanting us to "complete" or "be done with" any part of the game so soon. You're not supposed to do the "Kill 50 dragons" and "Complete 30 Dragon dailies" achiement in one go. You're supposed to log in to Elsweyr every day for many months to artificially increase the number of "active" players. Sounds like a boring grind? Just buy that Pellitine motif from the Crown Store then.

The theory is around ‘why’ this ‘particular’ character from Summerset would appear again, here, and putting context around that particular scenario with a bit of a story. Which could be more interesting than just logging in one day and the dailies are suddenly available. That’s all. It probably won’t happen that way at all, I’m just having fun. Saying ‘hopefully soon’ is just me being excited about it because I love the zone.

I understand how the game works and the reasons why they do things they way they do, why they don’t activate everything at once and the idea to draw people back into the zone after the initial release.

I thought it would be cool to entwine the arrival of these dailies with a bit of a story, and a bit more context, which has been teased at in their E3 teaser. Gives it a bit of context, that’s all...
    Edited by Carl-lan on June 8, 2019 12:21PM
  • Blue_Radium
    Blue_Radium
    ✭✭✭
    The goal is to have the dailies come in once the giant dragon ball zergs have calmed down. It's meant to keep the content relevant - not a fan myself but I see where they're coming from. More nefariously it will definitely increase the sales of the crown motif without the early rush of players filling up the market. Harder to get personally, and the price will be higher. Will be interesting to see how many players are consistently dragon slaying still once the motif is released.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelletine Motif is available on the Crown Store on 26th June so expect the Battlereeve to make an appearance then.

I hope so and that they wont wait for q4 and the release of the last story dlc to push crwnstr sales
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delaying the dailies for the expansion's biggest feature was dumb, especially considering the NPC next to the other two dailies mentions her as another daily giver like she's standing right there, which she isn't.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope so and that they wont wait for q4 and the release of the last story dlc to push crwnstr sales

If you read the very next sentence, you would have gotten the answer to your question...
    The Pellitine Crafting Motif will be available to all players in the Crown Store on all platforms starting on June 26 at 10am EDT. Chapter pages of this Motif will also be available in game starting on June 26. They have chance to drop from the Dragon Hunt Reward Boxes that you earn for completing Battlereeve Tanerline’s daily Dragon Hunt quests. You will find her in the town of Rimmen, in Elsweyr.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56373
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 11, 2019 5:49AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... will Tanerline be in two places at once? Or are they going to replace her with somebody else in Summerset? It seems hugely weird that the same NPC is giving out daily quests in two places. Unless the Elsweyr version is like... a Prophet style projection of the Battlereeve or something
    Edited by efster on June 11, 2019 6:48AM
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    So.... will Tanerline be in two places at once? Or are they going to replace her with somebody else in Summerset? It seems hugely weird that the same NPC is giving out daily quests in two places. Unless the Elsweyr version is like... a Prophet style projection of the Battlereeve or something

Its eso, summerset is chronologically in the past
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delaying the dailies for the expansion's biggest feature was dumb, especially considering the NPC next to the other two dailies mentions her as another daily giver like she's standing right there, which she isn't.

Agreed. The only reason they delayed these dailies is to coincide with the launch of the motif in the CS. It's stupid that she's not there since they game specifically mentions her quest and no indication that something else needs to happen before she's there. Unlike SS, where the NPC who talks about the dailies mentions talking to her at some future point, which indicated that you needed to advance something in order for her to appear. That's not the case in Elsweyr, where the NPC talking about the dailies mentions that she's here and giving out dragon hunt dailies.

They should have just had her there at launch, giving out the dailies, and then just add the motif on the 26th. Would have been much less confusing than to just have her not be there and then suddenly be there on the 26th giving out dailies as if she'd been there all along.
  • Uzikolanod
    Uzikolanod
    Soul Shriven
    Why do you want the Pellitine crafting motif?