The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

unable to connect to the server?

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
Hello well first the eso launcher was having issues like just said loading for a while then it eventually worked but the features images where missing. i clicked play got into the menu and tried to login but just says unable to connect to the server error. Any ideas?
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried again about 2 hours later still the same thing. I even tried restarting my pc and testing my internet speed and everything seems normal but no luck. Here is the error:
    q0Y4WMW.jpg
  • HappyHaunt1000
    I keep getting booted from the server right after logging in. The announcement that it was fixed is obviously an error.
    I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
    Remind me to never do that again
  • HappyHaunt1000
    BTW trying a repair right now.
  • HappyHaunt1000
    That lasted for maybe 20 minutes....
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    That lasted for maybe 20 minutes....

At least u can get ig i don't even get that far just basically instantly says can't connect to server.
  • HappyHaunt1000
    There is that, but once it boots me I get the same error you are getting. I did go into my add ons and found that one of them required a new add on so it would work, and took out one that I don't use and forgot was there. Destinations now needs CustomCompassPins to work. So now I am going to try again.
  • HappyHaunt1000
    So far so good. Got in game, traveled 5 times collected 3 surveys with no issues atm. Load time was a little better also
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    This time I was able to get to the character select screen but then I got an infinite loading character issue. I give up for tonight :(
  • Konviction77
    Konviction77
    ✭✭
    Still cannot log into characters. Keep getting timed out from server. This has been going on since 9pm yesterday.
  • Konviction77
    Konviction77
    ✭✭
    it was my addons crashing me. all set
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ozm8ey

As posted above, your character loading issue may be a problem with outdated add-ons. Instructions on disabling your add-ons can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ozm8ey

As posted above, your character loading issue may be a problem with outdated add-ons. Instructions on disabling your add-ons can be found here.

I already tried that. Here is something weird though. When i tested to try and connect with a vpn as a test even with it connected in my own country I can connect to the server, but when i try with a vpn off/disabled I can't connect. Doesn't make any sense. I also tried to flush dns but can't connect without using a vpn
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    Ok seems I can connect now without using a vpn. I think my ISP was having issues. Problem seems to be solved