Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox vs PS controller is better?

worrallj
worrallj
✭✭✭✭✭
Which do you prefer? I'm in the market for a controller on PC.

Xbox vs PS controller is better? 35 votes

Xbox
51%
SorianaMurderMostFoulHeadyozm8eyBlack_FlameCatchMeTrollingLord-OttoZombabe1Mic1007Shadow_AkulaNateS4CerboltSkyvertexAzyle1Camb0Sl1ceCortimiSanguineMyBrotherInsco851 18 votes
playstation
37%
xxthir13enxxStrider__RoshinRokkar8Lord_EomerDracan_FontomAnti_VirusArgonianAustinDark_Lord_KuroApostateHobonsmurferWandering_ImmigrantStormeReignsNightowl_74 13 votes
No difference
2%
oXI_Viper_IXo 1 vote
Other
8%
6lackzeu5EvilAutoTechStrychnos 3 votes
  • The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭
    PC
    • Addons
    • Better Graphics
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Multi-monitor
    • 2 week early access
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No difference
    If the choice was beteween the PS3 or 360 controllers, the Xbox controller would be the easy choice. The new PS4 and XB1 controllers are equally comfortable IMO.

I like the functionality of the Xbox Elite controller (mapping sprint to a back paddle has saved my thumb an immense amount of strain), however the build quality is absolute crap. I'm on my 3rd Elite controller and I am gentle with them. The rubber gripping is attached with an inexcusably poor adhesive and will start to peel off over time, guaranteed.

• worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    • Addons
    • Better Graphics
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Multi-monitor
    • 2 week early access

Yeah, like to the question states I'm on PC. Talking about a controller not switch platforms. I wanna be able to play while lounging on the couch.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I actually prefer the Xbox 360 controller. Should still be plug n play with Windows but I'm not 100‰ on that.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox
    Xbox controller has pretty much always been better. PlayStation controllers are designed for small hands , for obvious reasons.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox
    XBox controller is generally of higher quality.

Keep the sticks in mind, XBox ones are concave (caved-in). Older PS controllers are convex (domed), newer ones have a sort of a hybrid, but are more domed than not. The feel of those sticks will probably be the deciding factor for you, and unfortunately that is a personal thing a forum can't decide for you. Go to a retailer or friend and see if you can twitch a couple sticks to see what you like.

The XBox controller is also available in the Elite version, with additional buttons on the back. For ESO, heavily, HEAVILY recommend it. You NEED that additional button for weapon swapping. Also helps for jumping in PvP.
    If you don't wanna spend the 100+ bucks on a controller (reasonable), you can also configure button configurations on a regular one. Not sure if PS has that.
    PS has an Elite, too, but you'd need to get it from the SCUF company. And their quality standards vary.
  • The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    PC
    • Addons
    • Better Graphics
    • Keyboard and mouse
    • Multi-monitor
    • 2 week early access

Yeah, like to the question states I'm on PC. Talking about a controller not switch platforms. I wanna be able to play while lounging on the couch.

Oops thought you meant a platform.

Not sure if it's different nowadays, but a few years back it was a lot more tedious to use a PS controller, since you had to run and install 3rd party software to use one, and the controls on most games would still show up as Xbox controls. Xbox was just plug in and play.

Not sure how the support for PS controllers is nowadays, but I can tell you it's still good for Xbox since I own one.
    Edited by The_Red_Viper on May 21, 2019 10:49PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    playstation
    XBox controllers remind me of Hot Pockets. They always have dings, nicks and scratches. Pretty positive that XBox players have and continue to attempt to eat their own controllers.
    Edited by StormeReigns on May 21, 2019 10:52PM
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox
    As someone who plays on PS4 I say get the xbone controller, they're better made. I've gone through so many PS4 controllers it's unreal.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox it is. Thanks guys! I've always liked the feel of Xbox controllers just didn't know if there was anything ESO related that made PS4 more streamlined since I know a lot of ppl use those.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t used a Playstation controller on the current generation, but I remember a big factor in me going xbox is I felt they had a superior controller. Now, that only seems to be the case ergonomically. Them getting rid of wired controllers is the soruce of most problems I have with it. Was a stupid buisiness decision.
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    playstation
    It's really a preference thing, I've always preferred the more symmetrical layout of PS controllers. As far as this generation goes, one thing PS4 has that I don't think Xbox does (could be wrong I don't have an Xbox) is a mouse pad. Unfortunately ZOS doesn't let you use it the PS4 version, but it came in very handy when i was playing FFXIV. Obviously on a PC you'll have access to an actual mouse, but not having to put down the controller to use it for navigating menus and stuff is convenient. I have a wireless mouse on PS4, still use the controller's pad in games that are mouse enabled.
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox
    Xbox one elite controller is probably the best for this game when it comes to controllers, but still a keyboard and mouse will always be better for this type of game.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    playstation
    Symetrically placed stick make it better for me