The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

MagNB PVP begginer but actuality build?

DrevesniiDospeh
DrevesniiDospeh
Soul Shriven
What sets do you reccomnd to use a new player? I'm only interested in pvp content,
and I want to prepare the character for the battle as soon as possible.
What do you think how much time I can take from scratch and what to do in the first place?
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you want to play it. There are gankbuilds, zerg killer builds, duellig, open world builds and all of them (except zerg killer/bomber) could be played in either melee or ranged builds. You'll have a lot of variety when you play a magblade.

And the sets depend on what playstyle you prefer and the skills you use.

The sets that work well with magblade are
    necro, bright throat, Amber plasm, shacklebreaker for sustain.

spinner's, war maiden, spell strat for damage.

armour master, wizards reposte, buffer the swift for defence.

caluurions and another damage set for melee ganking.

Vicious death and another damage set for bombing.

For monster helm sets I'd recommend pirate skeleton for defence, skoria for offence and balrogh or 1 pc balrogh and 1 pc molag kena for ganking.

So any combination of damage, sustain or defence sets would work. Hope this helps ^^
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest or faster gear to craft is Destro/resto :
    5 shacklebreaker - sustain
    Or
    5 julianos - dmg
    Or
    5 seducer - sustain
    Or
    Armor master - defense

BUT
    You’ll have to pair that with a non-crafted set to farm or buy. Options are:
    5 Spinner - dmg
    Or
    5 Necromancer - dmg/sustain
    Or
    5 Amberplasm (can’t buy only farm) - sustain
    Or
    5 Buffer of the swift - defense

These are just a few popular sets, you can run 2 five piece sets as that’s generally the thing to do; fifth piece bonuses usually being stronger. Choose wisely.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing not mentioned this far- you need a well rounded build. Meaning choose one dmg, 1 defense and 1 sustain set.

For beginners it’s probably easiest to use a proc set or a dmg monster set to start. Learning how to kill on a mnb takes extra time and patience so a lil help to start isnt a bad thing.
    Edited by Insco851 on May 21, 2019 10:01PM
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which sets are good depends heavily on your build, but know that as a beginner in PvP in ESO you will die a lot, especially once you get to the level 50 bracket where all the veteran PvP'ers are. If you level up through battlegrounds that is a great way to both progress your character, get (albeit mostly mediocre) pvp sets as rewards, and gain experience.
    Excellent magblade set is Spinners (purchaseable on guild traders but quite expensive or farmable) + a second set of your liking, either defensive, sustain or a second damage set. Poster above me covered most useful sets, though I would add Pariah and Fortified Brass as good defensive sets, and Julianos is another decent offensive set option not mentioned above.

Once you get to level 50 and CP160, monster sets come into play. My preference is Slimecraw for offense (Zaan if you play melee rather than ranged) & Bloodspawn for defense.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a "safer" build, try going with 5 heavy/2 light pieces of armor...

you'll lose some damage output, but, will gain a bunch in defense...

try to join a pvp guild if you can, you will need some assistance with armor crafting until you level up your own crafter...
    Edited by geonsocal on May 21, 2019 11:25PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just re-read your post @DrevesniiDospeh ...

I recently just started from scratch on a different server (no cp, no gear, no coin)...

unless you run battlegrounds a bunch, pvp is a really slow way to level a character - but, that's okay...

your reason for pvping is because you want to enjoy fighting with others...

at low levels, with limited experience - I'd suggest joining a no cp campaign, collect pvp gear from either battlegrounds or cyrodiil (or both)...

learn how to read how other people fight and react, don't worry too much about dying...

try learning how to protect yourself (cloak, block, roll dodge, positioning your character), try learning to sustain (potions, light and heavy attacking)...

go with a safe weapon choice (destruction and restoration staff)...

try using both aoe and single target attacks and get used to when to try to execute (impale, incapacitating strike)...

the game has a combat leveling system which will help boost your stats and help you stay alive and sustain...it won't really help you damage and kill other players that much though...

let us know if you have any questions...lots to learn, but, also a lot of fun to be had while learning :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 22, 2019 3:22AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run a melee magblade.
    Amber plasm + caluurions (DW frontbar) + chudan + pirate skeleton + 1 willpower resto staff (backbar), although a vma resto would be better.