The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necro Blastbone Skill Bug

Frozen_Heart246
Frozen_Heart246
✭✭✭
Greeting! Just start to play a mag necro and notice one strange thing.Tooltips showing one numbers of damage and in reality u get others (jsut let me explain and read all post). First my thoughts was: Ok, this might be not enought penetration to breake target resistanse so i need raise it a bit. So i start to testing..

At the begining my penetration was 2600 (no light armor passive)

First i was testing a scythe: tooltip says it shoud hit about 3500. But it hits for 5396
F5Lcxdt.jpg

Moving next to blastbones: says its should hit for 7048 right? nope it hited for 4652. Then i go far as i can for the additional 50% damage and launched it again and got !4995! like WTF? Tell me if i'm wrong but i'm sure the numbers are wrong
lWvmPmD.jpg

But thats not all. Ricochet skull coming: tooltip says it should hit for a 4228 but it hit for !!6476!! (more than tooltip says) And no, there were no 20% buff on this hit
IWQOmER.jpg
After all this tests i pick lover mundus and bump a spell penetration in cp tree to 100. Now i have 8000 magicka penetration... Lets see now.

Blastbone tooltips stay the same but damage was slightliy higher 5564... BUT with 50% damage bonus.
R6WnfPN.jpg
Ok u can think 8k pen isnt enought.. Lets try it with major breach buff so summary i have 13k spell penetration now

6121 damage (50% bonus up). nice but only 1 thing is wrong here tooltip says it should hit for a 7048 WITHOUT ANY % buffs.
tzjrIfh.jpg
Someone can say it's something about a resistanses. But why the hell some skills hits harder then they should like scythe or skull?

I dont even know...maybe it's just me but this seems buggy. Let me know what u think about this.
P.S my english sucks sorry about that
P.S.S i'm not a big "pro" in the game, ok? If it's work as it should be just fine.. just seems strange to me.

UPDATE 1: some people say it's might be a level scaling problem.

UPDATE 2: I reached level cap. Got some gear (not BiS but still good). Tests was made without any buffs but major breach.
5afpCzZ.jpg
Lets See what changes

As u can see from picture below the tooltip damage match to damage i did to dummy. And crit damage seems about right.
iXQRsn9.jpg

But 50% damage bonus buff still works weird. Let me show you
DgnDXwp.jpg

After this one i thought skeleton just can't get 50% damage buff cuz he runing realy fast. So I ask my friend to run away from it. I stay far as i could, launched it and my friend run away. So now skeleton 100% should get a buff cuz he run 5 second for sure. Lets see..
xZ3BZST.jpg

Not impressive. Same as target dummy parse :|

After this test i came to conclusion that skeleton can't get 50% damage buff but 5% ONLY. Some calculations down below.

So the calculations seems about right but i can be wrong cuz of target resistanses/champion points effect so keep it in mind

Target dummy calculations
12,962*0,5 = 6,481 (50% bonus) // 12,962+6,481=19,443
12,962*0,05 = 648,1 (5%bonus) // 12,952+648,1 = 13,610 (i got 13,888)

Pvp test calculations
5,767*0,5 = 2,883 (50% bonus) // 5,767+2,883 = 8,650
5,767*0,05 = 288,35 (5%bonus) // 5,767+288,35= 6,055 (i got 6,105)

Oh.. Scythe and skull seems to work ok now (after i leveled up to 50)

So.. What you guys think about all this? Please leave a commnet and share any info you have.
Edited by Frozen_Heart246 on May 24, 2019 3:53PM
  • Killerkier123
    Killerkier123
    Soul Shriven
    I just came on to query this as i wasn't sure if i want just missing something or if it was actually bugged. i hadn't paid attention to the damage numbers of the scythe but i did notice skull and blastbones. at first i just thought it was an error that the numbers for skull and blast were somehow swapped, but for the scythe to be doing more too seems strange.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they fix this.
  • Frozen_Heart246
    Frozen_Heart246
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts about this? Obviously something wrong with those skills
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had noticed the low damage almost immediately yesterday. Spending a lot of time on PTS, I became used to Blastbones being the final hit on a group of mobs but quickly realized on LIVE that it barely scratched them. I also realized that my Uppercut hit for almost 2x the damage of the tooltip.However, the only reason I didn't report this damage bug yet is due to Uppercut not behaving this way on my max level. I have been hoping that this is just a scaling bug and it would fix itself when I ding 50 (in Necro's case). If not, Blastbones is easily one of the worst skills in the game. Can be killed, slowed on terrain (hindering rotation), and now have wet noodle damage. Hopefully, it's just a scaling issue, but I'm far from 50 and don't have plans to rush my character through leveling for once.
    King of Beasts

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very well tested, friend. Hope the powers that be can take a look at this, sooner rather than later.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate tagging staff members, but here we go:
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_Gilliam

Just getting an acknowledgement of this bug would be nice.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the 50 numbers? The actual comparative damage?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people only testing this on below 50 necros? It wouldn't at all surprise me if something was bugged with the skill scaling, with it being considered "pet damage", but if the people complaining about the damage have only tested it with below 50's... it seems more plausible that it is a battle leveling related issue.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Letting you know we've seen these reports and are looking into what's going on with Blastbones.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • docstrawb
    docstrawb
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have also noticed that more often than not, when summoned the blastbones will either stand in place or walk as if it is slowed, completely wasting the cast. Ik they are intended to be cc'able. But i assure you I have watched and they do this without being slowed or rooted. Hopefully someone can reaffirm this, because I haven't seen anyone else bring it up.
    Edited by docstrawb on May 22, 2019 2:09PM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you checking if any of the skills hitting for more than expected were due to Crits?
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you checking if any of the skills hitting for more than expected were due to Crits?

My crits on this skill were hitting for about my tooltip. My non crit damage was about 3-5k less than tool tip.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on May 22, 2019 4:20PM
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone. Letting you know we've seen these reports and are looking into what's going on with Blastbones.

Yay thanks for the update. Do you know if this will be something hotfixable or would it probably be fixed next maintenance or something
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Yay thanks for the update. Do you know if this will be something hotfixable or would it probably be fixed next maintenance or something

They're still working through what the issue is and don't have a fix ready yet, so it's too soon to say what the plan will be. It will likely go into an incremental patch, though.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're still working through what the issue is and don't have a fix ready yet, so it's too soon to say what the plan will be. It will likely go into an incremental patch, though.
    When are incremental patches usually done?
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

next week monday at 4am basically
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fingers crossed because this skill is essentially stam necromancer burst and without the class is struggling pvp wise imo.

I feel like it’s a scaling issue due to how it is hitting the same it was when I was low level vs maxed with better gear.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Next monday should be a standard maintenance patch, not an incremental. The incremental patch usually comes 3 weeks after launch, assuming they even have a fix for it by then. I see this as something that is more likely to not be resolved until the next DLC patch.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The next incremental patch will be next Tuesday, May 28 (Monday is Memorial Day). But again, we don't have a fix for this yet so we can't say when the fix will be published.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Good job testing! Thanks for putting in the work :smile:
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next incremental patch will be next Tuesday, May 28 (Monday is Memorial Day). But again, we don't have a fix for this yet so we can't say when the fix will be published.

I know this has nothing to do with you here but how does a class/skill, after all of the PTS data and testing you have done, come out not working as intended. It seems like these issues are always prevalent every DLC and dungeon patch and it is getting to be pretty ridiculous to see the lack of proper quality control testing that is going on just to push out more content.
    Edited by KappaKid83 on May 22, 2019 6:02PM
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

I know this has nothing to do with you here but how does a class/skill, after all of the PTS data and testing you have done, come out not working as intended. It seems like these issues are always prevalent every DLC and dungeon patch and it is getting to be pretty ridiculous to see the lack of proper quality control testing that is going on just to push out more content.

Go back to the PTS forums and read how many times they were told over and over that certain class skills were still buggy and maybe they should stop worrying with the NB crying and actually deal with the Necro problems. Because it was a lot. I'm not trying to bash them. I am just at a loss. After all the feedback that was given it just seems like it was all ignored and once again the overpowered NB was the focus when it should have been the Necro.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go back to the PTS forums and read how many times they were told over and over that certain class skills were still buggy and maybe they should stop worrying with the NB crying and actually deal with the Necro problems. Because it was a lot. I'm not trying to bash them. I am just at a loss. After all the feedback that was given it just seems like it was all ignored and once again the overpowered NB was the focus when it should have been the Necro.

I don't even care about the NB changes ya know, I get them and they are there. But when you push an entire chapter on a new class and then the class is not functioning as it should, well that is an issue and in any other industry someone loses a job when a rollout of this magnitude fails.
  • Frozen_Heart246
    Frozen_Heart246
    ✭✭✭

I don't even care about the NB changes ya know, I get them and they are there. But when you push an entire chapter on a new class and then the class is not functioning as it should, well that is an issue and in any other industry someone loses a job when a rollout of this magnitude fails.

I'm not praising zos and all that but it's a "early acsess" or whetever they call it. So yea. Some of the things might be not work as they should. I'm not telling this is ok and i'm totaly agreed that core of the class should work properly at the start.

And as some peoples say thats might be a level scaling problem not class itself. (didnt test other clasess to be sure)

If you have any info about lvl50 full cp damage please share.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Gina, some of us have been stuck in combat for 6 months and can't slot blastbones. Will that be in the incremental patch as well?
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it's broken, you know it's broken, and you can't fix it. Awesome.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you have a fix for shadow image yet?

It’s been 6 months since a Class Rep mentioned that it was being looked into. You couldn’t even comment yourself or have another developer do it for you

I tagged you on the post almost 100 times and never got a response. This gets attention like day 1
    Edited by Koolio on May 22, 2019 7:59PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm, you mean that we'll have to wait a whole week to play the new class?
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

After leveling not sure which level exactly it flipped and started working. And now it is fine. Same happened with my friend we dueled and it was hitting for what it should except one but could been blocking. So I don't know if that's something maybe I took a passive and that fixed it not sure.

It is very buggy but works now for some reason. Good luck with this fix!
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the scaling for this skill is broken. If I use it from stealth, it's hitting for over 4 times the tooltip value...like a crit of a crit...crit-ception.