The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Twilight matriarch bugged?

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
I fought a sorc today and his pet, twilight matriarch, "averaged" 3200 per "zap. The sorc only did 93k damage on me, despite his10.5k crystal frag, but the pet alone did 65k damage. Hit me 20 times in 60 seconds, 7 crits up to 5407 !
As a stam DK, sadly ALL of of the pet hits hit harder than ANY of my abilities except for leap.

This must be broken...right? Did they not succeed in applying battle spirit to the zap or something?

I've never seen zap hit this hard in PvP.
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile 5 other threads about how weak mag sorcs are in PvP this patch.

lul.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this Post Elsweyr? Matriach has been buffed in wrathstone with the new scaling mechanism, and has been at the redicoulus state you described for a few months now. I hoped that some of the changes in Elsweyr tuned them done...
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw I’ve been hit up to 4,9k by saps. This is harder than my spammables hit :D
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

Which makes sense because a spammable is possibly hit every GCD while pets attack every 2 GCDs
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet damage scales off Magicka, so it is easy to build for. Pets now inherit your penetration, critical damage etc as well. My Tormentor zaps hit players for as high as 8K!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    I fought a sorc today and his pet, twilight matriarch, "averaged" 3200 per "zap. The sorc only did 93k damage on me, despite his10.5k crystal frag, but the pet alone did 65k damage. Hit me 20 times in 60 seconds, 7 crits up to 5407 !
    As a stam DK, sadly ALL of of the pet hits hit harder than ANY of my abilities except for leap.

This must be broken...right? Did they not succeed in applying battle spirit to the zap or something?

Is this a joke or serious...?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    65k damage in a minute is only 1k dps.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

Which makes sense because a spammable is possibly hit every GCD while pets attack every 2 GCDs

Well, you don't really have to do anything for it to occur with the the pet tho. + You get a lot of useful passives and a good enough heal. :)
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a learn to build issue.

Try a good build.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

Try a good build.

You know they might be bugged? i got hit today in bg from twilight by 4.5k 1 hit and even some stamsorc are running with the twilight never seen one before the patch.

Is not a "build problem" something might be gone wrong with the patch imo.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You can't calculate dps in a PvP fight that way, since you move around etc. This simply reflects the number of times the pet actually hit me over the course of a fight that was ~ 60 seconds.
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try a good build.

I have a pretty standard stam DK build with Fury etc. Sometimes I run the standard fury, legion BS; sometimes like yesterday I play with MK. My max WD is around 5k but still, given resists etc most of my average hits are less than 2k. I use dots and bleeds.
    I have fought many, many stam DK and they are not hitting me much harder if at all. I do study combat metrics frequently.
    Yeah I am not a dps maestro but kill plenty of players, have very good survivability etc. I am more than willing to brawl with anyone. I have overlord rank on this character. and its not like I started playing yesterday or even a year ago.

Seems like the matriarchy zaps were ignoring my resists and not reduced by battle spirit.

Yes this is post Esyweyr, worst than I've ever seen from a pet sorc.

This pet was hitting me harder and doing more damage than the other 2 players who piled onto this particular fight.

Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try a good build.

I have a pretty standard stam DK build with Fury etc. Sometimes I run the standard fury, legion BS; sometimes like yesterday I play with MK. My max WD is around 5k but still, given resists etc most of my average hits are less than 2k. I use dots and bleeds.
    I have fought many, many stam DK and they are not hitting me much harder if at all. I do study combat metrics frequently.
    Yeah I am not a dps maestro but kill plenty of players, have very good survivability etc. I am more than willing to brawl with anyone. I have overlord rank on this character. and its not like I started playing yesterday or even a year ago.

Seems like the matriarchy zaps were ignoring my resists and not reduced by battle spirit.

Yes this is post Esyweyr, worst than I've ever seen from a pet n .

This pet was hitting me harder and doing more damage than the other 2 players who piled onto this particular fight.

U cannot hit for less than 2k a sorc with fury/7th.

Can you stop lying please ?

Also, it can be a true pet build with deadric prey increasing pet damage by 40% (nerfed by 15% in elsweyr) + the damage morph increasing the damage 50% more when 50% more HP. What's ur CP and resists ?
    Edited by Aedaryl on May 21, 2019 5:30PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You can't calculate dps in a PvP fight that way, since you move around etc. This simply reflects the number of times the pet actually hit me over the course of a fight that was ~ 60 seconds.

Matriarch hitting every 2s, that's mean the average hit is 2k, which is normal.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ht.

U cannot hit for less than 2k a sorc with fury/7th.

Can you stop lying please ?

Also, it can be a true pet build with deadric prey increasing pet damage by 40% (nerfed by 15% in elsweyr) + the damage morph increasing the damage 50% more when 50% more HP. What's ur CP and resists ?

Please learn to read. I stated the AVERAGE HIT of the matriarch was 3200, not 2k. Do you know what an average is? It is the mean of all the hits done divided by the number of hits. Yes, several of my abilites averaged above 2k-- but NONE of them averaged above 3200 except take flight.

Despite all this, I actually outdamaged this level 50 sorc. I did 99.6k damage and he did 93.2k without his pet/atronarch. Bleed and dot damage adds up, which is how many heavy armor DKs fight.

I think you are right about Daedric prey, he hit me 4 times with Daedric Prey; and his Matriarch outdamaged his storm atronarch, so that makes sense.
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancers' Blastbones got bugged between the PTS and early access patch, so it's possible other pets did too. 'Course for Blastbones it's the other way around - it's doing far less damage than the tooltip would indicate, and ends up being weaker than the class spammable.