Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative to AUI's minimap module? - Votan's minimap definitely is.

daemondamian
daemondamian
✭✭✭
Hi folks,
is there an alternative to Advanced UI's minimap module that puts a permanent customizable minimap in the corner of the screen?

Since the Elsweyr update it doesn't work - aside from not showing at all in the corner of the screen, it also gives an error message and disables being able to set a custom location guidance marker on the map.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling a few times but no dice.

It's irritating and inconvenient to have to pull up the main map every time I want to check where I'm going.

*just read in another thread the mention of Votan's minimap addon so I will give that a try.
*After a minor placement adjustment Votan's minimap appears to be a perfect alternative :)
Edited by daemondamian on May 22, 2019 6:46AM
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I use the combination of bandit's ui with the votan's minimap. Bandit's is updated far faster than AUI is, and has nice features I've come to rely on. Votan's map is better than the one that comes with Bandit's, though, and, if you go into the option section, you can move and force it to open only in the corner of your screen (I do this, so i know it can be done). It's also faster at loading than most other minimaps.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Fyrakin's version, mainly because that's the only round one I've seen.
    I haven't noticed any significant performance difference between minimaps.
    Edited by daim on May 27, 2019 2:46PM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU