The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are outdated addons will not work at all?

Ildun
Ildun
✭✭✭✭
I thought outdated addon just can't provide information for new contents such as quest pin, but even UI such as minimap is not working?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes changes to the API prevent them from working. The minimap I use does work.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Sometimes changes to the API prevent them from working. The minimap I use does work.

Which one you use? I 'm using AUI
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votan's minimap
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game will disable all out of date addons by default, and reverts to that setting when there's a major update. But you can just check the box to allow out of date addons and see for yourself which ones are working. If you're concerned about problems switch them on one by one so you can see when something goes wrong and which addon caused it.

In my experience most addons are fine, even after a major update. I'm using 17 addons (plus 5 libraries), I enabled all of them after the Elsweyr patch and I've not had any major problems. I get an error message when I log in, which I just close down and some very minor UI glitches which I assume are related to Azurah (since it's the only one I use that changes the base UI).

Some of the ones I use are very rarely updated (some may never get updated now) but I keep using them and they keep working, so I don't worry about it.

I did have a weird bug earlier where a skyshard didn't appear - it wasn't showing as already used and I was definitely looking in the right spot, it just wasn't there at all. That was fixed either by logging out and back in, by leaving the delve and coming back or by disabling all my addons. I'm not sure which because it was at the bottom of a delve in Cyrodiil so I wasn't inclined to stick around to experiment - when I couldn't find it I logged out, disabled all addons, logged back in (which put me at the entrance), ran down again and it was there.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    also, there are a lot more LIB dependencies than there had been before. I had to install or reinstall about 10 of them today. Check your list of addons, and expand each that's listed in red, to see if there are any LIBs that you need to install. That may fix some of the non-working addons as well

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ildun wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Which one you use? I 'm using AUI

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info919-AUI-AdvancedUI.html#comments

I commented two lines, 109 and 110, in AUI\modules\minimap\classes\MapPinClass.lua and now the minimap works again.
    Change this:
    elseif(pin:IsImperialCityGate()) then
    self:MapPinLookupToPinKey("imperialCity", pinType, pinTag, pinKey)

to this:
    -- elseif(pin:IsImperialCityGate()) then
    -- self:MapPinLookupToPinKey("imperialCity", pinType, pinTag, pinKey)

(I'm not using Quest tracker and Combat, so no idea what is broken there.)
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of date addons explained:

In the addons txt file there is a tag ##APIVersion: 1000026 e.g.
    IN the game there is a function GetAPIVersion() which currently returns 100027 for Elsweyr
    The addon manager simply compares the 2 values and disables all addons where the tag in the txt is not the same like GetAPIVersion() ingame. This nonsense will be done each time the APIVersion raises, with a major patch.

So there is no real check or proof the addon won't work. It's just .... dumb.
    Just tick the checkbox to allow the "outdated" ones and the ones that REALLY do not work anymore will throw error messages then.
    Edited by Baertram on May 20, 2019 11:57PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing problems like Skyshards and Lore Books no longer showing up on the minimap but I don't know whether that's a new API problem or whether I've just got to many addons competing with each other.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing problems like Skyshards and Lore Books no longer showing up on the minimap but I don't know whether that's a new API problem or whether I've just got to many addons competing with each other.

Without addons there is no minimap and skyshards and lore books don't show on the map, so not seeing them will definitely be the result of an addon problem rather than a base game/API problem.

If you've got the relevant addons enabled (check you reenabled them after getting the Elsweyr update) and you're not getting any error messages then it's probably just a matter of waiting for the authors to update their addons. Especially if you're trying to use them in Elseweyr - since previous versions of the addons won't have the data for that map yet.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Without addons there is no minimap and skyshards and lore books don't show on the map, so not seeing them will definitely be the result of an addon problem rather than a base game/API problem.

If you've got the relevant addons enabled (check you reenabled them after getting the Elsweyr update) and you're not getting any error messages then it's probably just a matter of waiting for the authors to update their addons. Especially if you're trying to use them in Elseweyr - since previous versions of the addons won't have the data for that map yet.

Skyshards was turned off for the new character, I have no idea why. Lorebooks had a dependency problem that's new. They're running now but I still reckon there's a problem with Lorebooks, it simply isn't showing a huge amount of the minor (eidentic) stuff like it used to.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheRealPotoroo

Make sure you have all your LIB files installed. Lorebooks and Shards both require new one IIRC.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"