The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I started using the Bound Armament's active skill in PVE.

Elwendryll
Elwendryll
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey, I'm a stamsorc main, and recently, I started reconciling with some of my class abilities.

For instance, I started using the storm atronach instead of the Ballista after years of not touching it. I started to appreciate the synergy it gives, and the max health I get when it's up.

And, Bound Armament. I had this skill double slotted for years, and only occasionally fat fingered it after the rework. I decided to give it a try since it was already slotted anyway, and I was kind of impressed by the results. I survived some hits that were supposed to be one shots, and so I wanted to make some calculations.

I have a base health a little under 17k, and it goes up to 18k+ with Ebon and/or the Greater Atronach up.

So, I quickly looked at my build on UESP build editor, it should replicate live. I have a mitigation of 76,3% for direct damage while blocking, it means that a hit with a base damage of 75k would hit me for ~17 700. If we add the 36% blocking mitigation of Bound Armament, the mitigation calculator tells me I now have a 84,8% mitigation, which means the same hit would only deal ~11 400.

If the calculations are correct, I could survive a hit above 115k base damage with the ability up, whereas it would deal 27k+ without.

So, while it's better to simply kite or roll dodge, sometimes there is no easy way out and you have to block. On hits like taking aim or suicide bombers in vHoF, you can survive with a lot more margin than usual. I will try and see what hits I can survive with that ability, but right now I'm really glad to have this on my bar as a DD, and I feel a bit special as a sorcerer.

I'd like any return from people who use it, and comments on the calculations if I'm wrong.

Edit: And it ended up in the wrong category... Phone :(
Edited by Elwendryll on May 20, 2019 12:52PM
PC - EU - France - AD
Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH