The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ash'abah build?

Faraniel142
Faraniel142
Soul Shriven
Hello, I would like to ask you for suggestions concerning a build I had in mind. I was wondering how to build an Ash'abah character. Obviously the race would be redguard but what about the class? I was thinking maybe a templar since they fight the undead? I tried to google but the only thing I got was a Skyrim build with necromancy abilities and if I understand it well the Ash'abah don't use necromancy themselves but I might be wrong. Do you have any advice or ideas for such a build? Thank you very much!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards can make excellent mages, but also are usually warriors. If I recall, the first guy we see become Ash'abah, one of the princes, is pretty much just a warrior who kills one of the honored dead.

So if I were going to make an Ash'abah, I'd probably go Templar, as you say for the flavor. Then I'd lean towards Stamplar, myself, for the Redguard warrior heritage, since I'd probably role play as a mercenary who became Ash'abah because they willingly fought against the honored dead rather than die, and then were exiled, where they learned the magic from the other Ash'abah.

Alternatively, I could see other backstories working for other classes. If my character had been a thief beforehand, I might start from Nightblade, etc.

Edited, because apparently my phone's autocorrect hates spelling "honored" dead.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 19, 2019 6:23PM
  • Faraniel142
    Faraniel142
    Soul Shriven
    Redguards can make excellent mages, but also are usually warriors. If I recall, the first guy we see become Ash'abah, one of the princes, is pretty much just a warrior who kills one of the honkred dead.

So if I were going to make an Ash'abah, I'd probably go Templar, as you say for the flavor. Then I'd lean towards Stamplar, myself, for the Redguard warrior heritage, since I'd probably role play as a mercenary who became Ash'abah because they willingly fought against the no ored dead rather than die, and then were exiled, where they learned the magic from the other Ash'abah.

Alternatively, I could see other backstories working for other classes. If my character had been a thief beforehand, I might start from Nightblade, etc.

Thank you! I definitely see your point. I haven't got that far in the storyline (I have just started in Sentinel and heard about the Ash'abah) so I don't know the details. I wasn't sure whether there are any particular tactics they use to fight the undead. I would definitely go stamina though.