The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magnb Destro Trait

MassiveFumes
MassiveFumes
✭✭
For the MagNB running destro/resto; on your destro, which trait are you running--sharpened/nirn/infused/precise--and *why?* Keep in mind to mention if you are slotting things such as ele drain, inner light to influence the trait.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spinners+ele drain+ sharpened is very good. That said, infused is also a great option for more sustained pressure if built right.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a pseudo-melee MagBlade with a flame Staff on the front bar, and a Frost staff on the back. Since I'm running five pieces of Torug's Pact gear, (along with four DoTs) both are Infused to allow me to keep up a high amount of pressure even while I'm trying to heal or recover resources.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always end up going back to infused. I’ve tried the others, to amplify certain builds strengths... or weaknesses.

But infused still always feels the best for me. More burst more often.

The one I need to try is precise for my Khajiit build.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will usually use nirn or infused. If I'm using health poisons I go nirn and if not I go infused shock enchant
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Sharpened. Boosting a weak heal by 15% is weak. Infused has no pressure to combine with. Just burst all day every day.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharpened w/mage light front bar, I like to kill things when I’m offensive.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused + lighting glyph is the best choice : it deal damage by itself and you have a great uptime on minor vulnerability which is 8% more damage taken in the target.
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Infused + lighting glyph is the best choice : it deal damage by itself and you have a great uptime on minor vulnerability which is 8% more damage taken in the target.

But what if the magblade is getting minor vulnerability from the new Lotus Fan?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zammo wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »

But what if the magblade is getting minor vulnerability from the new Lotus Fan?

Been thinking about this already- probably go flame glyph personally. Extra dot for pressure. You could go charged with the flame glyph and run BSW for great uptime. Double flame glyph dot ticking... valkyn procing. Defensive back bar set. Align that with the lotus dot and the Cripple dot. You can get a ton of pressure.

Theoretically of course- this is a completely different style of pressure than I’m used to using on Mnb
    Edited by Insco851 on May 20, 2019 2:17PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Try Sharpened. Boosting a weak heal by 15% is weak. Infused has no pressure to combine with. Just burst all day every day.

You know I thought the same thing- but infused by itself actually creates some of that said pressure.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of underrated precise. First off, getting crit chance on mag builds is really hard since there's very few sets that offer it.

Secondly and more importantly, I play with leeching strikes and dark cloak, both which do not scale with nirn/sharpened.

So precise is the only trait that actually buffs your healing and damage at the same time, plus I like running crit oriented playstyles on the magblade.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of underrated precise. First off, getting crit chance on mag builds is really hard since there's very few sets that offer it.

Secondly and more importantly, I play with leeching strikes and dark cloak, both which do not scale with nirn/sharpened.

So precise is the only trait that actually buffs your healing and damage at the same time, plus I like running crit oriented playstyles on the magblade.

This is one that I really need to test on my Khajiit mnb.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    darkblue5 wrote: »

You know I thought the same thing- but infused by itself actually creates some of that said pressure.

Yep all the cool kids know that
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • MassiveFumes
    MassiveFumes
    ✭✭
    Infused is for sure way to go imo, was jus wondering

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro I prefer nirn. Spinner I prefer infused. I’ll use sharpened on builds lacking pen / heavy armor where I’m not getting the light passive.
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    Necro I prefer nirn. Spinner I prefer infused. I’ll use sharpened on builds lacking pen / heavy armor where I’m not getting the light passive.

How much pen do you aim for? right now i'm 11629 without sharpened (14381 with). I know it's situational, but not sure if i'm comfortable with the lower value. With high values of crit hit damage, i'm giving a lot of thought to precise.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I aim for 15k pen.
    I think anything more is sacrificing too much in other stats, but around 15k should net you the greatest damage with minimal sacrifice.
    If not using spinner, you need sharp + lover + light armor + cp

If using heavy you need all of the above + spinner.
    If using spinner on a light build you can swap some things around, either: cp, mundus, or weapon trait, but not all of them; pick just 1 preferably.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    I always used decisive on my magblade, because if you think about it the most powerful skills in the game (aside from siege) are ulteimates. The more ultimates you do the more damage you do. It's common sense.

If you are doing 5k individual damage with the destro ultimate that means you are getting 5k damage to your dps. There is no trait int he game that adds 5k damage so in theory decisive > nirn > sharpened.

The decisive trait on a 2h gives you 40% chance to get an ultimate every ultimate you get. That means for every 160 ultimate you get you will be getting a destro ultimate. That is 5k dps every 160 ultimate which usually takes around 7-14.4 seconds to build. That means you can cast ultimate 4 time every minute. that is 5k dps time 4 which means 20k dps every minute just by a destroction ultimate. And if you wear a bloodspawn you can increase your ultimate from about 5k dps AT MINUMUM!! to around 7.4k.

My pve guild does this and we can cleare every trial in the game in under 45 minutes, think aboiut it.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TexGod wrote: »
    I always used decisive on my magblade, because if you think about it the most powerful skills in the game (aside from siege) are ulteimates. The more ultimates you do the more damage you do. It's common sense.

If you are doing 5k individual damage with the destro ultimate that means you are getting 5k damage to your dps. There is no trait int he game that adds 5k damage so in theory decisive > nirn > sharpened.

The decisive trait on a 2h gives you 40% chance to get an ultimate every ultimate you get. That means for every 160 ultimate you get you will be getting a destro ultimate. That is 5k dps every 160 ultimate which usually takes around 7-14.4 seconds to build. That means you can cast ultimate 4 time every minute. that is 5k dps time 4 which means 20k dps every minute just by a destroction ultimate. And if you wear a bloodspawn you can increase your ultimate from about 5k dps AT MINUMUM!! to around 7.4k.

My pve guild does this and we can cleare every trial in the game in under 45 minutes, think aboiut it.

You’re making a lot of assumptions here about the rest of the build & skills slotted.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe you are assuming weaving with swallow soul to get the extra ult from the siphoning passive, whereas I usually weave force pulse if pve & concealed for pvp.

Percent based damage is exactly that, meaning if you’re doing bad damage from not having enough spell damage in the first place this number will be lower.

Also, a certain amount of penetration is expected.
    If you’re wearing heavy, not wearing spinner, & happen to not be using the Lover Mundus, 5% is less than what crossing the threshold for for a decent amount of penetration would be. While this seems like an unlikely scenario, the point needs to be understood that a line exist.
    Member of:

Former member of: