The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class and race - how do you create character?

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
I am curious as to what is behind your characters when it comes to class and race.

Is lore important to you? Is your first thought "Bosmer og Khajiit" when you want to create a Nightblade? Do you go for Breton or Altmer for Sorcerer? Is that based on lore or purely for stats and bonuses?

Or do you like to roleplay something different? A Redguard Sorcerer? Do you then create a backstory and a reason for that choice, or do you choose any race/class you find cool and interesting and not care about stats or lore?

For instance, when I wanted to experience a Nightblade, I created a Khajiit. She is the one that will explore her homeland, Elsweyr. As for Nercomancer, I don't want to create a Khajiit for that. For me, personally, it doesn't fit. But a Dunmer Necromancer, that sounds right in my ears. Then it also makes sense that the Dunmer Necro will explore the EP questline and world. I wouldn't want to put her in any of the other factions. My main is an Altmer Sorcerer, my second a Bosmer Archer etc.

What is behind your choice?
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial passives for me.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care about the lore, all my characters but 1 or 2 are meant for pvp so i need them to be competitive, meaning that i'll pick a stamina race for a stamina class and same with magicka.
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade is a thief and a scoundrel.. He is Redguard cuz they look gypsy.. Aka thieves and scoundrels... And my Nord DK is a warrior viking... And racials are in my favor but i picked it for style and not purpose
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually I play the race I like -- that is Khajiit. Long before Update 21 I'm a Magicka Sorcerer with a non-lore name. I care for story/lore, but not really for lore-wise names. Also I like to play healer, so I was a Magical Healing Cat lol.

And I'll change to a Magicka Necromancer Khajiit (or nekomancer, lol)
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a magplar, magsorc, magblade, magward and three bow/bow stam chars (sorc, ward, NB).

They are all the same character who simply (via login/logout) changes her class/style as readily as she changes outfits or hairstyles. And she happens to be a Bosmer - and has been since since 2007 in Oblivion and on through Skyrim and now in ESO.

Therefore, during char creation, my focus is on making sure that she always looks the same and has the same name (as close as the game and a touch of ingenuity allows)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends usually I look for wierd but effective combs.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All my chars are Argonian, Dunmer or Imperial
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Hellkaptain
    Hellkaptain
    ✭✭
    I create what seems fun i have an argonian dps it's not meta but it's fun and the lore interests me.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Looks/Aesthetics.
    2. Racial Passives.
    3. Lore.
    4. What the 'meta' says.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mainstream human