The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lets Talk

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
Okay lets talk about some issues that have been ignored and are continue to be ignored. 1.) The mail system..If you purchase an item or items, the mail will come right then most of the time, but if you go back to the vendor a few minutes later and do it again, the mail never comes unless you travel out of the zone. Big issue!! Needs fixed. ( 2.)The dungeon que, you shouldn't have to keep saying yes to the que over and over. When it asks once that should be it, not "are you ready" over and over. Then it says forming group and will not form but reque and ask the same question over and over again. BIG ISSUE!!! ( 3 ) The in-combat issue, for example I ran through the gates on daggerfall covenants side returning from getting the skyshards near their main base, well from the time I ran from that gate up to the keep and into the keep, it was saying I was still in combat. Only thing that hit me was the guards at the gate. This is an issue. In-combat wait time needs to be nerfed to oblivion. ( 4 ) Sustain.....The game from the start was suppose to be play by your style anyway you want. Well from the sustain changes since Morrowind, you are put into a certain play style. There is no more wear this and be fine its you have to wear this and enchant with this to have any sort of sustain. This is a big issue with many players yet the devs from our perspective do not listen. There are many more issues with the game but for now this is my biggest ones. Please take some time into fixing quality of life for the players than working on new content.
STEEL PURE MAN
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in-combat thing is based on the other person's or creature's hostility toward you. This "problem" exists in other ES games so it's behaving "normally," if "normally" means "consistently." It's annoying as heck, but at least it lets you know that there's still a person or creature somewhere that's hostile toward you and is actively seeking you out-- even if you're no longer close by. But that shouldn't prevent you from interacting with the environment, as long as you haven't been hit for several seconds. As a sorcerer, I will occasionally pause fighting during a battle so I can harvest a node if it's something I want, and as long as my clannfear is keeping the enemy engaged I can use the item after a second or two.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your priorities are off.

1. The GF issue, which is both the dungeon and BGs, is a major issue as it is a broken game system that impedes game play.

2. The in-combat is anther major issue as it is very much game breaking. Zos does not seem to have this as a priority as they have not put a thread into the dev tracker and have allowed it to persists with only one acknowledgement in the forums.

The other two you mention are neither game breaking or a serious issue. The mail issue is nothing more than a QoL and the sustain changes were conscious choices Zos made and do not impede the "play as we want". We have adjusted, well most of us have adjusted. Neither of these belong in the same conversation as the first two.

I am surprised has not addressed the GF issue again since it has been 6 months since they finally acknowledged what was widely known and reported to them often. For the in-combat bug, Zos knows what caused this. They are just not interested in fixing it buy undoing the changes they made and do not see to have a priority to get the job done.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The in-combat thing is based on the other person's or creature's hostility toward you. This "problem" exists in other ES games so it's behaving "normally," if "normally" means "consistently." It's annoying as heck, but at least it lets you know that there's still a person or creature somewhere that's hostile toward you and is actively seeking you out-- even if you're no longer close by. But that shouldn't prevent you from interacting with the environment, as long as you haven't been hit for several seconds. As a sorcerer, I will occasionally pause fighting during a battle so I can harvest a node if it's something I want, and as long as my clannfear is keeping the enemy engaged I can use the item after a second or two.

This is not correct and has nothing to do with other TES games. Zos introduced a bug last year where a player in Cydoriil can be put into combat even if there is nothing around, player or NPC and they have no hostile affects going on towards them or anyone else.

It also persists for extended periods of time compared to any iteration of it since this game was in development. It persists even through death. A player can be put into combat when in one of their alliances two main bases with both gates closed. There are no hostile NPCs that can get to the area nor any enemy players in those situations.

Your example is not relevant to the bug OP speaks of.