The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Immersive training dummies

Fata1moose
Fata1moose
✭✭✭✭✭
For the life of me I don't know why we have so many animated practice dummies while these don't exist as an option for player homes:
hqdefault.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they are boring.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like that the training dummies are things like the Precursor or the Mournful Aegis. It kind of adds more depth to your home, and makes it feel like an NPC...which it is, essentially. XP

I'm hoping to see some other creatures as training dummies at some point. Hoping to see maybe a few others in the future, like maybe a Daedroth training dummy at some point?
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking a dummy akin to one of the drill sergeants at the cyrodiil base camps would be pretty sweet. like a sparring partner of sorts.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fata1moose wrote: »
    For the life of me I don't know why we have so many animated practice dummies while these don't exist as an option for player homes:
    hqdefault.jpg

Spot on! These loads better.

I'd prefer to be able to put a DC or AD costume on one too!!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

I'd prefer to be able to put a EP or AD costume on one too!!!

Fixed that for you 😁
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely agree OP.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

I'd prefer to be able to put a DC or AD costume on one too!!!

These types of dummies available with a tabard for each Alliamce would be pretty sweet
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have training dummies that fight back? Not target dummies, TRAINING dummies. To help you learn to use your mitigation and defenses as well as get better with your DPS. They are stationary but they hit and shoot back at you when you engage them.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on May 18, 2019 3:25PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a Molag training dummy or something
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have training dummies that fight back? Not target dummies, TRAINING dummies. To help you learn to use your mitigation and defenses as well as get better with your DPS. They are stationary but they hit and shoot back at you when you engage them.
    @Wildberryjack
    But then the epeen crowd would have some serious shrinkage issues.

Can you imagine the psychological impact to them kids when they go from 50k dps to 20k dps?
    rolleyes.gif

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SirAndy You do know that 50k+ dps is abit on the low side for vTrial HMs right? And there you are fighting mechanics..

Just because you cant do it does not mean it is impossible.

Target dummies are there to test and train on rotations, high dps is a result of that.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    @SirAndy You do know that 50k+ dps is abit on the low side for vTrial HMs right? And there you are fighting mechanics..
    Just because you cant do it does not mean it is impossible.
    Target dummies are there to test and train on rotations, high dps is a result of that.
    Please note i never said anything about vTHMs.
    Sure, if you are group buffed 50k is low. If you are truly solo self buffed, 50k isn't shabby.
    But then again, that would mean you'd have to quote a (gasp) lower dps number.

Just to make this clear, there's a difference between real solo dps (just you and nobody else but you) and group dps where your buddies apply buffs to you and debuffs to the dummy while you parse.
    In the latter case, that is not actually *your* dps, that is in fact a group effort.

Since my comment triggered the obligatory "just because you suck" response i'm guessing you'd be one of those affected by epeen shrinkage ...
    poke.gif