The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best Add-ons for Minimalistic/Immersive UI in 2019?

opaj
opaj
✭✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this is posted somewhere and I foolishly missed it, but I'm looking for pointers on the best add-ons to use for a minimalistic UI.

I'm currently running a lot of older add-ons, but I figure it's only a matter of time before something breaks and I'm drowning in interface.

For the record, I'm currently using:
  • No, Thank You: I'm mainly using it to suppress notices and system messages that are largely unnecessary or irrelevant to me. No discernible issues at this time, but major updates have broken it in the past, and author hasn't updated it since last August.
  • Windex: I mainly use it to hide the compass. Unfortunately has a bug in which it displays the housing UI whenever you have UI elements toggled to visible, however. And the author seems to have left the modding scene to take care of their health, so there's little hope of this making a comeback.
    (This is doubly unfortunate because I also use their Masquerade, which I had to edit and tweak a bit to account for the outfit system.)
  • RP Target Frame: Removes @ names when you look at other players. This function has been incorporated into Azurah, but Azurah includes a whole slew of features that I don't want or need, so I'd rather use something simple like this add-on... even if it hasn't been updated in over 2 years.

I can't imagine I'm the only person who wants to hide away all of the UI, and yet I can't figure out what up-to-date set of mods I can use to accomplish this feat. Any suggestions?
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Settings》controlls》 assign key to hide UI
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm a dummy.

I don't actually want to hide all of the UI--I just want much less of it.

Perhaps everyone would have understood that if I hadn't literally typed that I want "to hide away all of the UI". Sorry for the confusion.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurah was actually my first thought when I read your post. It does have a bunch of features you probably won't use, but each thing it does can be enabled or disabled individually and it has account-wide settings so you only need to turn off the stuff you're not using once and then you can forget it's there.

But I really like it for the ability to move and resize the default UI. One of the main reasons I got it was so I could move the gigantic on screen notifications from the middle of the screen to just above the chat box and make them about 1/3 their original size so they're less intrusive. I kept the compass but made it a bit smaller and put it nearer the edge of the screen and made some other minor changes to the layout too. I also use it to hide a lot of the info that comes up when you target players.

Also a lot of the stuff it adds to the UI is pretty seamless, like colouring names by reaction. Even the overlays it adds to your bars - because they match the game's UI and only appear when the bar is visible I find it's easy to forget they're not part of the game itself.

I really like this game's minimal UI (relative to many other MMOs) and so it's really important to me that addons must blend in with the game and not add a lot of clutter and other than truly invisible ones (like Binder) Azurah is one of my favourites.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Dark UI to adjust the standard ui to be more subtle.

"This addon is a reskin of many of the default ESO textures to a smoother and more subdued UI. DarkUI focuses only on changing textures to improve the look and feel of ESO while being compatible with all other addons and having no performance impact."
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube