The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What marvels have you made in your Frostvault Chasm?

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm loving having a home for all those dwarven artifacts I've collected, also nice to have a medium sized home for a change!

What marvels have you made in your Frostvault Chasm?
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Share your marvels. I haven't bought it, too cold for me. Love to see your work tho.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not going to bother getting it even as a Dwemer fanatic. the snow clashes with any architecture you place and its just two platforms. also item slots are not enough for the house
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    im not going to bother getting it even as a Dwemer fanatic. the snow clashes with any architecture you place and its just two platforms. also item slots are not enough for the house

I'd have much rather had one of those semi-above ground Vvardenfell ruins as a house instead, as much as I dislike Vvardenfell, at least it's warm and free of ice.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's cool and would be fun to decorate buuut....

I told myself long ago that I will not dish out even a single dollar for houses anymore until ZoS addresses the lack of item slots and what we can expect going forward .

If it's not feasible and thus has no future plans for increase, they need to just come out of the gate and say it.

Regardless of whether or not it's doable, the most infuriating part is Zenimax's refusal to address it. Refusal to provide even the slightest answer to the housing community. The community that contributes to one of their largest (if not the largest) sources of revenue in the game.

They've been giving us the middle finger ever since housing was implemented and I'm going to give it right back by not giving them a dime until they provide a response.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made this build some time back on PTS. If you close it into sections, it isn't as cold feeling
    https://youtu.be/JH0kB4U9kQc
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • ZAD1ST
    ZAD1ST
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't started yet and it will take me some time to complete the idea i have for it... i'm enjoying that its such a blank canvas though and how high and low you can build
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the boundaries for this house? Can you place stuff below the platforms?

It looks like tons of cool stuff going on down below. (No innuendo intended) :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the cold frozen Dwemer ruin look and the furnishings work nicely in it. I'm sure we'll get a warm one in Hammerfell eventually.

Here's a couple of screenshots of my version. I haven't decorated the two side rooms but the main platforms I'm happy with. Tried to make it realistic, almost like the intro art.

The concept is a tonal architect with archways conducting sound from a central conduit throne using the baseline furnishing version and furniture pack plus trinkets acquired while adventuring.

eut17jr353fu.png
    uhhtj058b8gn.png
    bwbkd74to0zz.png
    tsk98i0p6vk9.png
    etsrlpyp9ow5.png
    gm5e654dlk8h.png
    mpnrql70q216.png
    e36ldr9xo0hi.png
    5iz9t9q7gl1q.png

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭

I told myself long ago that I will not dish out even a single dollar for houses anymore until ZoS addresses the lack of item slots and what we can expect going forward .

If it's not feasible and thus has no future plans for increase, they need to just come out of the gate and say it.

Regardless of whether or not it's doable, the most infuriating part is Zenimax's refusal to address it. Refusal to provide even the slightest answer to the housing community. The community that contributes to one of their largest (if not the largest) sources of revenue in the game.

They've been giving us the middle finger ever since housing was implemented and I'm going to give it right back by not giving them a dime until they provide a response.

They pretty much told us on a recent ESO live that we will NEVER see an item slot increase. We will also never see a furniture crafting bag. :-(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do think this house is cool (no pun intended) and I appreciate that it's a medium-size home, but I'm not entirely happy that this is what they're giving us for a Dwemer home. I don't mind the frost, per se, but it just isn't homey to me.

And yes, I watched Zypheran's build on PTS, and it's great, but I don't want to have to do so much work to make something look like a home.

I will pass on this, as I did on the Orbservatory (but that was also too much money). I will hope that when they said that they were going to work on giving us more medium homes (hopefully small ones, too) that they won't all be gimmick houses, but that some will actually be homes, that someone would live in. That we can decorate without having to build our own rooms. Hopefully, they will be in DLC areas. I don't mind spending crowns if the price, and the place, is right.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 17, 2019 6:51PM
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now... while I can't make myself get interested much in the house, if someone were feeling generous enough to gift a Forge Lord's furnishing pack, that would be amazing... just sayin'...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the marvel of not purchasing it, even though Dwemer home has been on my wish list even before there was housing in this game.

The reasons are many fold, but boil down to two primary ones - Firstly, I gave up on housing, and am now just focusing to finish my current projects, and will not embark on any new ones. At leas not any that require me inserting more real life currency into this game. I may do something with the Lunar Champion place we'll get for free, since I have a project that is about to be evicted from the Psijic manor (no day/night cycle there, so the concept is wasted there) and is looking for a new home. But we'll see. I might just move it back to Ald Velothi Harbor house or something.

As for Frostvault home, I had big plans for the place. Big plans I've been working on for couple of years now. But nope, not gonna commit to it, due to all the issues with housing. And am not talking just about the item slot limit here. Speaking of which... At least pool all the slot types into one category! Let us decide what to use them for. Not like I want to line the walls of every house with the heads of dead monsters! That's a lot of capacity I could use for better things.

Ahem... but back on to the topic at hand... Yes, I skipped Frostvault due to all the issues related to housing. Like the crap interface, limited functionality, no wayshrines for homes, no writ drop of points nor writ boards, the way a lot of crucial bits are locked under a year long wait cycle with the luxury vendor (Had a cool idea, but need a piece from the luxury vendor that was on sale a couple of weeks ago? Tough luck, try your luck with guild vendors and pay tons more, or wait a whole year for your next chance! Brilliant!), the horrible cost of items - both in crowns and gold, and the ridiculous grind you have to do to get the mats to craft the things. And then thee is the hell of trying to get the furnishing plans in the first place! And to top it all, tehre are all the bugs and sloppy implementation with existing homes. I want my third floor space in Gardner House! Remove the invisible ceiling barring entry to my loft!

But yeah... That's the main reason for me to skip Frostvault Chasm.

The other reason is the frost. There simply isn't enough frosty pieces of furnishings available in the game to make the place work. And there are no frosty pieces of Dwemer stuff available at all, even though they do exist in the game. It's the same reason why I skipped Pariah's Peak, even though I had a killer concept for that place. At the end of the day, non frosty pieces of furnishings just look totally out of place in a frosty environment. It was true for Pariahs Peak and is, albeit to a lesser extend, true for this place too.

And just as with Pariah's Peak, I can't see any reasonable way for ZOS to solve the issue with frosty furnishings. Not like they can just add recipes for all the items in frosted variety or something. And if they did... Well no way I would recollect all the 1000 or so plans I have as frosted versions. Nor can they just place all the frosted things on sale for gold at some vendor, because non frosty home owners would go bonkers with that solution and started to cry for equal treatment. And then the whole housing system would implode. And if they were available only for crowns, well the majority of folk would not buy them, due to the ridiculous pricing ZOS maintains for crowns only pieces, so that would not be a real option either.

There really is no realistic scenario to solve the issue of frosted furnishings for snowy environments, and using regular stuff simply wont work. The mismatch between the environment and the stuff you plonk down into it is far too great to ignore.

If it was available for gold, I might have bough it in the end, and worked with the limited palette of suitable resources and come up with a reduced version of my original plan, but for crowns? Not gonna happen.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    There really is no realistic scenario to solve the issue of frosted furnishings for snowy environments, and using regular stuff simply wont work. The mismatch between the environment and the stuff you plonk down into it is far too great to ignore.

Hmm it's not like when you live in a cold environment all the furniture has a layer of ice on it? I don't think that's very realistic. There's no mismatch really.

Agree with you though, this is probably one of my last housing projects. I'll finish off my Arena too and then I doubt I'll do another house unless real Imperial furnishings come out. Dunno about the longevity of the game once Elder Scrolls 6 hits and don't want to invest too much more currency and time into this. Already spent way way way too much :-)

• mnemoniclights
    mnemoniclights
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »

Hmm it's not like when you live in a cold environment all the furniture has a layer of ice on it? I don't think that's very realistic. There's no mismatch really.

This is the big problem with a lot of the snow/ice themed houses, not a lot of good furniture to match the atmosphere.
  • BackAndAngry
    BackAndAngry
    ✭✭✭
    So many lovely dwemer ruins in the game and also great concepts in Morrowind made me lust for years for a Dwemer home to furnish.

Actually ZOS delivers Frostvaul....
    PSA - Crown items paid for cash have a chance to soon be obtainable in game for free
    Not my quote "It took a while to sink in that we’re killing it right now..."
    Dragonhold - "...updated Activity Finder for dungeons and Battlegrounds, and also focuses heavily on the first part of the performance improvements for ESO..." ^^
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought the Furnished version of the house, just to get more Dwemer themed furniture. I plan to eventually strip it hard and use the stuff to redecorate another house.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did it launch with only 400 slots in the end??
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the big problem with a lot of the snow/ice themed houses, not a lot of good furniture to match the atmosphere.
    Exactly this. Dwemer interiors have been in the game since launch. They have an established colour scheme and architectural style. Morrowind even expanded the style into truly magnificent volcano-filled halls and sprawling multi-level Dwemer towers! I would have loved to purchase a Dwemer home. But not a frost-covered Dwemer ice-cave with Nordic furniture.

That's as if they established Alinor architecture for years, and we could only stare in longing at those grand arches and all that white marble without a way to purchase a house in that style and without any proper home for all our Alinor furniture. And then when they do add one, the only 'Alinor' style house is black and covered in soot and rubble because it's inside a volcano. :neutral:

The pipes and other metal accents in the house are white. They literally don't match any part of the brassy look that Dwemer pipes or other machines. The stone structures are also covered in snow and are white. They don't match any of the craftable Dwemer furniture (which have always had a distinct dark stone and brass metal look) nor do they match the luxury furniture which continued that Dwemer look. They also don't match the crown store Dwemer furniture pack. It's all dark stone and brass (as the Dwemer house should've been).

So no, it doesn't make sense for it to be covered in snow, when the furniture aren't covered in snow. Either we need snow-covered furniture, or they should've just made the only Dwemer house coloured like Dwemer structures. Besides, even if they added snow-covered furniture it wouldn't make sense. Frost generally doesn't survive when placed next to a roaring 10 meter tall Dwemer furnace that spews fire :smiley: That's as if the interior of the Snowglobe home was covered in snow right next to the fireplace.

Not to mention that the ground of the house is horribly uneven. That's been a general complaint on other homes where the terrain interferes with chair or carpet placements, but the Dwemer platform there is just a nightmare in that regard. So yeah, it was a hard pass for me as well, but I hope my criticism doesn't take away from people celebrating their creativity in their own Frostvault creations! :smile: Let's see those marvels!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not buying it, which hurts because I'm a dwemer fanatic. Housing in ESO is basically a scam. Very little practical use, scandalously low item slots, horrible personal inventory woes that prohibit collecting furniture (which is often very expensive), etc.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. :(
    Edited by Solariken on May 18, 2019 1:46AM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with you though, this is probably one of my last housing projects. I'll finish off my Arena too and then I doubt I'll do another house unless real Imperial furnishings come out. Dunno about the longevity of the game once Elder Scrolls 6 hits and don't want to invest too much more currency and time into this. Already spent way way way too much :-)

I get the feeling I should post some sort of meme about how I hate snow, and how it is cold and wet, and gets into everything...

But perhaps not.

On a more serious note, snow and ice does indeed end up covering pretty much everything exposed to it, eventually leading i to that thin layer of ice. There are plenty of variables that influence this, and a nearby heat source will mitigate things, but eventually everything does get frosted over.

There are lot of factors involved with snow, ice and frost, and the way they form. Then you have the wind and air currents, and the moisture in the air, and the temperature involved. It gets fairly complicated, but the short of it all is, that everything does indeed end up frosted to some degree or another.

For the game though, it all comes down to the level of ambient frostiness - non frosty stuff stuff in Pariah's peak really stood out, as they do in the exterior of the Snowglobe house. Frostvault has a lesser degree of "ambient" frost, so it provide lot more leeway as to what looks decent there, but ultimately you will run into a mismatch between the floor and the walls and the surroundings and the items you place down there.

I was willing to overlook a lot of it (partly due to my idea of using a huge ass furnace there - namely the one from the Dwemer lord kit) to explain the lack of frost on stuff, and I had also done research into what icy items are available in the game, and what I could do with them. I knew there would be some odd looking things, but after testing with it on the PTS I concluded they weren't as bad as things were with Pariahs Peek. But now all that is moot since I decided to skip this thing.

Still, having access to all the frosted bits of dwemer architecture existing in the game, would've made a big difference here.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They did say they currently cant due to server limitation or something like that in a eso live a few weeks ago (the one about the new system pc has fror tracking dps in a dongeon)
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I made this build some time back on PTS. If you close it into sections, it isn't as cold feeling
    I love this so much. Great job!

• AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    I've filled mine with Dwemer items, but also with trees and shrubs growing through the gratings, as if 'nature' is creeping back.

I love this house, odd that I definitely wasn't going to purchase it because I thought I didn't like it.... did anyone else who wasn't interested in the house, change their minds and buy it when it went on sale? It's now my fave house in the game... weirdly!
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    I've filled mine with Dwemer items, but also with trees and shrubs growing through the gratings, as if 'nature' is creeping back.

I love this house, odd that I definitely wasn't going to purchase it because I thought I didn't like it.... did anyone else who wasn't interested in the house, change their minds and buy it when it went on sale? It's now my fave house in the game... weirdly!

I'm on the fence. Partly because I didn't like the cold feel of the house, the masculine tones, etc. But, seeing what the amazingly talented Zepheran did with the place, and now your idea of letting nature back in, my mind might be turning.

I'd love to see pics or your house AngleWasp, if you have them. Or if you are on NA server, I could even drop by to visit? :)

<3 The houses pics people are sharing so far. Let's keep this thread on track!
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    Sharalei wrote: »

I'd love to see pics or your house AngleWasp, if you have them. Or if you are on NA server, I could even drop by to visit? :)

I'm on Xbox EU server, shame - I'd have loved for you to visit. I'll try and make some pics though I haven't done it before... I'll see what I can do :smile:
  • GrandmaGamer
    GrandmaGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know the boundaries for this house? Can you place stuff below the platforms?

It looks like tons of cool stuff going on down below. (No innuendo intended) :)

So far, I have built 3 levels down, using Alinor Stairs - the nice, wide ones. I have not reached bottom in the electricity fields but I'm going for it. I watched a stream of a guy building up. So that is also possible. Haven't tried just going out to a side far yet. Need more Alinor Ballroom floors.

Or Magic Carpet :open_mouth:
    Many thanks, from this one.

Ji'Hni Kihrabi, Templar Healer
    Housing Aficionado
    Innkeeper, Observatory Prior
    Streaming ESO and TESL here (and maybe other stuff - who knows?)!:
    https://twitch.tv/grandmathegamer
    Video replays saved on YouTube here!:
    https://tinyurl.com/GrandmaTheGamer
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, no marvels here, just a few changes so far.
    1) Hearth upgrade:
    5Et0BLy.jpg
    2) Bedroom upgrade:
    emt8DCs.jpg
    3) Throne corner with security cam:
    n44MVDQ.jpg
    4) Spider repair area:
    Ror3yac.jpg
    5) Vamidium wind-up area I:
    f1nB8mU.jpg
    6) Vamidium wind-up area II:
    hBiwzSN.jpg

That's it for the moment. Unfortunately I cannot place more Dwemeri critters due to the limit.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

Where do you get those dwemer tent turrets and Stone walls enclosing the sides??
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where do you get those dwemer tent turrets and Stone walls enclosing the sides??

@Joosef_Kivikilpi the turrets are Clockwork Gazebo and the walls are Murkmire Stone Wall, which blend together quite well
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    Currently working on it. With only one thing in my mind - "I am Batman" xD
    Will post results later once i am satisfied and its finished.
    The home is nice overall. lighting could be better. Its a lil bit cold and all but the thing that bugs me the most atm is the small furniture cap … but ill figure it out i guess.