The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Sorcerer Healing (PVP)

Abhaya
Abhaya
✭✭✭✭
Title. What do you guys use to stay alive? With a pocket healer I can really go to town but this often isn’t the case. With bloodspawn procced I’m over the mitigation cap but this doesn’t do anything for me when I can’t get my health up during a fight.
-vigor: strong dot heal to keep up as much as possible doesn’t work well as a reactionary heal
-rally: I’m sacrificing the burst heal for FM since it is the only viable snare removal
-crit surge: really strong in PVE but suffers in PVP unless you have a storm of dots on the enemy to consistently get enough crits to proc the heal. Suffers even more in no CP.
-dark deal: not even supposed to be a heal but when I’m low and vigor isn’t cutting it I find myself spamming this. Can’t dodge cast. Can’t block cast. Interruptable. Doesn’t work if you have any pressure on you.

For reference my current setup is bloodspawn, medium fortified brass, seventh legion. I have watched builds that say troll king is a necessity for stamina sorcerers and nothing else compares. Is there any validity to these statements?
Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're missing a Burst heal on stamina that only Warden has.
    The only viable Stamina Healer atm is Warden for that reason
  • KurtAngle2
    KurtAngle2
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're speaking about "surviving mechanics" as Stamina, Roll Dodge/Block is your proactive damage mitigation method
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    The heals that are usually running on my StamSorc are Forward Momentum, Vigor, Seventh Legion, 1.1k health recovery, and Crit Surge with about 25% crit chance. Dark Deal is mostly for sustain. I play in heavy, so my overall healing is increased and with Bloodspawn my resists are around 31k. When pressured, the S&B ultimate and Ball of Lightning usually save my life while I LoS and use Dark Deal+Vigor.

For extra healing, I'd recommend using poisons with the Lingering Health and Restore Health alchemy traits.
    Edited by Vermethys on May 16, 2019 8:24PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll king really goes well with Sorc passives.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insert the “Guess I’ll just die now”
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rally
    Crit Surge
    Vigor
    Troll King
    Dark Deal

I use arteum broth and steed so health recovery is at like 1.3k prior the troll king proc. Though its not as good as when orc had health regen passive too.

Honestly i feel you, often im in that same situation, your vigor and surge are up and you need extra heals cause it isnt enough so your left spamming Dark deal to stay alive. I even tried running encase for the major vitality thinking i could use it like a DKs major mending. Didnt turn out to well, hard to sustain, need multiple targets for a decent duration.

Cant even survive against more than 1 good player on it at the moment without troll king (i dont mean noob i mean someone who i class as good as myself) its the only thing keeping playable for me.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rally
    Crit Surge
    Vigor
    Troll King
    Dark Deal

I use arteum broth and steed so health recovery is at like 1.3k prior the troll king proc. Though its not as good as when orc had health regen passive too.

Honestly i feel you, often im in that same situation, your vigor and surge are up and you need extra heals cause it isnt enough so your left spamming Dark deal to stay alive. I even tried running encase for the major vitality thinking i could use it like a DKs major mending. Didnt turn out to well, hard to sustain, need multiple targets for a decent duration.

Cant even survive against more than 1 good player on it at the moment without troll king (i dont mean noob i mean someone who i class as good as myself) its the only thing keeping playable for me.

So in your experience would you say that Troll King outperforms Blood Spawn for pure survivability? I somehow managed the bar space to double slot bound armaments so I would be getting 20% bonus on the TK proc as well.

Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Cerra
    Cerra
    ✭✭✭
    Here's an idea... use the unstable clannfear that heals you for 35% of your health and use dark conversion to restore magika as needed. I do something similar with my magika sorceress, I use the heal that restores stamina for a magika cost as I can get all the magika I need from heavy attacks but can't restore stamina quickly normally. People are all caught up with using the heal to restore your primary attribute at the cost of your secondary one, but I think it works better the other way around.