The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Weapon Animation Bug - - It is affecting direct game-play

skiidzman
skiidzman
✭✭✭
Hi folks,

There is an evident bug which I have tested with a few people now. I first noticed this bug when I built a new template for my stamina warden. I was running a seventh legion 1-hand axe with a seventh legion 1-hand dagger. Basically, what happens is when you zone (in a dungeon, using a waypoint, wherever) the dual-wielding weapons will be physically removed from your characters hands and you will begin punching things in combat. What's even more odd - is the animation of the dagger and axe will "glitch out" during this bug and will show behind my character on the ground following me.

This is a big deal. This has caused me to wipe or lose functionality in difficult dungeons. I put it in a ticket about this earlier and they basically told me they couldn't help and to come post here. I hope one of the developers can replicate this issue. I did disable all add-ons and re-test whether this bug occurred and it did.

Please see the attached screenshots and look at my characters feet. This is where the weapons go and I begin punching. Maybe its an animation bug.

- Swapping weapon bars does not fix the issue.
- The only way to re-gain my dual wielding weapon functionality is to be out of combat and un-equip and re-equip.

j878p9uikaou.jpg
47qsam9ma5gh.jpg
k5s82gcp8lo3.jpg
Edited by skiidzman on May 20, 2019 12:36AM
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    IS THERE ANYONE HERE? HELLO DEVS, HELLO MOD TEAM, ANYONE?

YOU GUYS CLOSED MY TICKET WITHOUT HELPING DONT TELL ME THE ABOVE ISN'T ADEQUATE EVIDENCE OF A BUG. ACKNOWLEDGE IT.
    Edited by skiidzman on May 20, 2019 12:08AM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you were to stop screaming, panicking and demanding people would want to interact with you. You look ridiculous.

It's a long known visual bug. Has no effect on gameplay. Maybe will be fixed at one point but I can't see it being anywhere high on the priority list.

• skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Maybe if you were to stop screaming, panicking and demanding people would want to interact with you. You look ridiculous.

It's a long known visual bug. Has no effect on gameplay. Maybe will be fixed at one point but I can't see it being anywhere high on the priority list.

It does affect game-play. It makes me punch things and I can't use whichever weapon it decided to disable during events and bosses. Don't tell me it doesn't affect game-play when it absolutely does. Go take your ESO fan boy lover crap somewhere else I actually want something fixed.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's not just dw - i see it routinely on my sb/destro tank. and it has no effect on damage or anything else.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    it's not just dw - i see it routinely on my sb/destro tank. and it has no effect on damage or anything else.

It does, because you punch. That aside, why is it appropriate to you not to be fixed? If you don't want it fixed, leave my post, I have no need for you. Quit dismissing issues that need attention. That is the attitude that makes NOTHING get fixed. It's also not appropriate for support to tell me they won't help me in a ticket, tell me to come to forums, and i still get no reply.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't affect gameplay. You just look like you're punching stuff. You can fix it by unequipping and re-equipping your necklace. Or you can prevent it by installing the Fix Invisible Offhand Addon.
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't affect gameplay. You just look like you're punching stuff. You can fix it by unequipping and re-equipping your necklace. Or you can prevent it by installing the Fix Invisible Offhand Addon.

No, 60% of the time it happens and I am punching it does not do my weapon damage. Don't sit here and tell me how something has been working for me man. And you cant re-equip or equip until out of combat, it does not help me at all during a long fight.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skiidzman wrote: »

It does affect game-play. It makes me punch things and I can't use whichever weapon it decided to disable during events and bosses. Don't tell me it doesn't affect game-play when it absolutely does. Go take your ESO fan boy lover crap somewhere else I actually want something fixed.

Thanks for proving my point. Feel free to look up the definition of the word "visual".

Edited by Royaji on May 20, 2019 12:28AM
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for proving my point. Feel free to look up the definition of the word "visual".

Feel free to dismiss more issues that affect game-play nerd. If you don't like what I have to say, move along. But its an issue, and it needs to be fixed, because its a bug. It's a bug not being acknowledged along with MANY others. I shouldn't have to install an add-on because this games crew won't take 5 minutes to address animation code.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭

No, 60% of the time it happens and I am punching it does not do my weapon damage. Don't sit here and tell me how something has been working for me man. And you cant re-equip or equip until out of combat, it does not help me at all during a long fight.

You're welcome?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4lock
  • skiidzman
    skiidzman
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4lock

Shouldn't be locked. If anything, there is some trolls in here who would rather not see a long-standing bug fixed. They want the bug to persist apparently. I will make post after post until I get a response.
    Edited by skiidzman on May 20, 2019 12:32AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people in here telling OP he’s wrong or it’s some other issue? If it’s causing their toon to start punching it’s not the invisible wpn bug.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Why are people in here telling OP he’s wrong or it’s some other issue? If it’s causing their toon to start punching it’s not the invisible wpn bug.

I remembered the bug I was aware of, which FIO fixed for me, as causing my character to punch. It's not that one? Then I apologize for misinformation.
  • Sunderhall
    Sunderhall
    ✭✭
    Happened to me yesterday as well. Switching weapon bars made dual wield weapons invisible. And it did not only affect weapon damage but also deactivated my dual wield weapon skill.

When switching back, the two handed weapon was shown on the floor like the visual bug. Could use weapon skill though. But dual wield was still bugged when switching back. Did only occur in dungeons. Only help was to port out after fight.

PC EU.