The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting matrerials and inventar

Thorvarg
Thorvarg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Dear Devs, please change the sequence of using mats during crafting, so that materials are first taken from the normal inventory and the bank, and only after that from the craft bag. That would free up space in the inventory and in the bank.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That devalues the incentive of the crafting bag if they did it that way, for many its the sole reason they subscribe at all.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That devalues the incentive of the crafting bag if they did it that way, for many its the sole reason they subscribe at all.

^This.^

Why players still want the benefits of the crafting bag after they unsubscribe is baffling ...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of doing it that order is so as soon as you unsubscribe or the free trial ends, your inventory starts filling up with crafting mats again, and you start thinking about how nice it was to have that Crafting Bag...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »
    Dear Devs, please change the sequence of using mats during crafting, so that materials are first taken from the normal inventory and the bank, and only after that from the craft bag. That would free up space in the inventory and in the bank.

Yeah, ZoS isn't changing that... you'd get people to sub during a free event, overload the craft bag, and then have a "free" cache of stuff they could use only when they need.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This and it seems so obvious I doubt this was a mistake.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen.

Even in guild bank, same types of mats dont get added together, so you will run out of space fast.

• YaYaPineapple
    YaYaPineapple
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want the functionality of the craft bag, then subscribe.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the functionality of the craft bag, then subscribe.

It's the only reason I sub and I'm fine with that
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to "lock" mats like you do other items?
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    Is it possible to "lock" mats like you do other items?

no
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dear Devs, please ditch the crown store crates and make more things available only with ESO+.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dear Devs, thank you for not automatically making all the mats and items in the *free during an event* craft bag go *poof* as soon as the event ends. Also, thank you for not making the items in the "double bank space during a free eso+ event" go *poof* as soon as the event is over.

If you aren't subbed, you aren't paying for the craft bag/extra bank slots. You don't have that access any more. The items in the craft bag you no longer have access to will be used first. Items in the extra space in your bank will be used before you can add anything else to the normal amoung of space in your bank. If you tried to keep using a storage locker in the "real world" after you stopped paying for it you would quickly find your stuff was dumped or sold and the locker you were no longer paying for now belongs to someone else.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait... I thought that's how it worked? Did they change it?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

It's always been Craft Bag first
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

It remains the same.
    1st craft bag then the normal bag.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Yeah, ZoS isn't changing that... you'd get people to sub during a free event, overload the craft bag, and then have a "free" cache of stuff they could use only when they need.

I absolutely do that on my alt accounts :P It's fantastic!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »

I did that too for a while on an alt... realized I was spending about 8 hours a month just on inventory management stuff that I wouldn't have to do with ESO plus. Decided that my time was worth more than the $1.50 per hour it cost me to buy a year sub. It certainly works though!
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sense you are unsubscribed, you no longer have the crafting bag. Be thankful you still have access to those mats. Sense you do not own the crafting bag, crafting uses those mats first, so it will clear them out. It's like you are living rent free.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sense you are unsubscribed, you no longer have the crafting bag. Be thankful you still have access to those mats. Sense you do not own the crafting bag, crafting uses those mats first, so it will clear them out. It's like you are living rent free.

This! Be glad they don't dump them into your bank... and then your inventory, and then to the trash if all your space is used up. ZoS is already pretty generous on this one.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did that too for a while on an alt... realized I was spending about 8 hours a month just on inventory management stuff that I wouldn't have to do with ESO plus. Decided that my time was worth more than the $1.50 per hour it cost me to buy a year sub. It certainly works though!

Get yourself a personal Guild bank. 10 accounts and you can drop all alt mats in the guild bank. Make any account you regularly play an officer and you can freely withdraw anytime you need it. Sub is only required on an account with a crafter.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get yourself a personal Guild bank. 10 accounts and you can drop all alt mats in the guild bank. Make any account you regularly play an officer and you can freely withdraw anytime you need it. Sub is only required on an account with a crafter.

All of my characters are crafters. Guild banks aren't accessible from the banker assistant. Even if it cut my time in half, $3 an hour is still worth it.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All of my characters are crafters. Guild banks aren't accessible from the banker assistant. Even if it cut my time in half, $3 an hour is still worth it.

In that case, carry on.