Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Creating a druid in ESO.

Hysorn
Hysorn
✭✭
Hello everyone. I've been thinking about creating some sort of druid character. Of course the class is Warden, however, from a gameplay and lore standpoint what would be the most accurate combination of weapons + Race to play as?

I am posting this in GD because I wanted to include gameplay as a factor as well.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any standard PvE stamina warden build with DW/Bow is basically a druid.

You can start here.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-build-pve/
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go Nord Werewolf. Class whatever you want. Maybe warden for RP, maybe templar for better passives. To me the shapeshifting is a big part of being a druid, but I know that's due to my diablo 2 history. Just like how it galls me that the necro pets are so short fire and forget rather than a real minion army.
  • Synnastix
    Synnastix
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO frost / resto staff for druid, thought they were about healing and defense, not offense. Otherwise go 2h and make it look like a staff via outfit style.
  • Hysorn
    Hysorn
    ✭✭
    worrallj wrote: »
    I'd go Nord Werewolf. Class whatever you want. Maybe warden for RP, maybe templar for better passives. To me the shapeshifting is a big part of being a druid, but I know that's due to my diablo 2 history. Just like how it galls me that the necro pets are so short fire and forget rather than a real minion army.

Indeed, right now my options are Nord or Wood elves since they both have deep ties to earth. And like @Synnastix said, I will probably make a healer with it, not sure how viable Warden healers are since I've not played in a while, but worth a shot. And I will likely take Werewolf even though it's not optimal.

EDIT: For a more optimized I could go as a breton reachman.
    Edited by Hysorn on May 15, 2019 4:50AM
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden healer would work pretty well. I tried an argonian warden a while ago and healed for a bit.

Problem with going warden for me was the ice skill line. The vibe I was going for was much more creature of the green, but some of those ice skills (frost cloak being a big one) are nearly indispensable. And growing flowers in a blizzard while your covered in ice just doesn't work for me. that plus one or two other things ended up making me bail on the class. Might not be a big deal for a nord druid though....
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something I tried to do. I wish we could dye our hair green.

My problem is with the green balance line. I don’t find it that great or interesting even though I love chloromancy, it’s a really uninspiring skill line with abilities that all are just diffrent versions of heals. No plant traps, no offensive abilities really killed it for me :/
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton race description in Arena:

"Thy race is descended from the ancient Druids of Galen, quick witted and strong in the mystical arts. Thy folks are crafty and intelligent, a learned people who use their gifts to guide others to enlightenment..."

One of the rare (2 in total?) mentions of druids in Tamriel.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Nord Warden worshiping Kyne - perhaps even Hircine - would fit a Druid well, so would a Breton Reachman (there's even some armour sets that work with the whole "Reachman Shaman/Druid" idea, Briarheart and Witchman Armour, to name a couple). Nords would most likely lean towards physical weapons, given their general distaste of magic, but a Breton Reachman could work with either Magicka or Stamina, depending on whether they're more of a warrior or a shaman.
    Wood Elf Priest/Priestesses of the Green are also a good choice, especially since the Bosmer have innate shapeshifting abilities, though they're "forbidden" from using them. Bows would be an ideal weapon, and a Warden Stamina Healer utilizing a bow could be a fun build.
    Then there's my favourite race, the Argonians. They have a strong connection to the Hist, and to some extent, nature itself (as they are said to be descended from the Hist trees themselves). An Argonian Tree-Minder could work as a Druid of sorts as a healer, or perhaps by taking a page out of Na-Kesh's book, a Dual Wielding Stamina Warden would be appropriate as well.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1800+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS/Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
    Lavinia Telvanni - Dunmer Arcanist MagDPS - EP
    Studies-Dark-Secrets - Argonian Arcanist StamDPS - EP
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hysorn wrote: »
    I've been thinking about creating some sort of druid character...
    Lorewise, the options closest to "druid" in the elder scrolls settings might be Breton Wyress in flavor, followed by Nord nature priests of varying flavor, especially the Terniyon Monks (remember those guys, of the "save Kind Jorunn" questline?)

Bosmer Spinners cover the same niche, though more in a sidhe-derived flavor (at least the "nature folk" side of it), or Argonian Treeminder in lizard, with a more "aztec priest" type of flavor... Reachmen of course cover the "barbarian shaman" flavor... as would orc shamans... and then there are dunmer ashlanders, though those are more of a "native tribal medicine (wo)man" persuasion I guess...

Combining that with game mechanics, a druid would be more of a magica character, so I for one would look towards those options favorable for that setup. Breton might be the most effective choice for both lore and build, either done as classic "wyress", or patterned after a "reachman shaman" flavor...

But in the end, many options could fit the idea, so pick and choose whichever seems most fun yor you to enjoy!
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synnastix wrote: »
    IMO frost / resto staff for druid, thought they were about healing and defense, not offense. Otherwise go 2h and make it look like a staff via outfit style.

What? You can make a 2H look like a staff? How the hell did I miss that?
    TherealHämähäkki
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made a cute Bosmer warden when I first started, knowing that Bosmer were the worst for Magicka builds, but I wanted my Druid. I have gone back and forth with Stamina:Magicka resets and playstyes on her, but I like her best as Magicka and she's my favorite in PvP where stamina on a magicka character is NOT a bad trait.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played an EQ2 warden for 10 years.

I tried a lot and ended up with a stamina warden heal build. Mushrooms, Vigor, Lotus, Bone shield and Grove. DW/Bow. This is nice heal and sort of damage.

First i did not want any modification but then tried werewolf because i had the infection from questing allready. The sustain is nice and the transformation is great for overland bosses. It is still Hircine and should fit the Druid theme.
    Edited by mague on May 15, 2019 11:56AM
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol I have also been toying with the idea of creating a new char in a "Druid" fashion. Breton Reachman never really occurred to me. I was thinking along the lines of a Bosmer (for their connection to the forest), using Green Balance and Animal Companion skills (not really feeling the Winter skill line for him, even though I know it's "nature"), along with Resto/Destro staves. I don't see a "Druid" really using edged weapons. But I'm hesitant to start this char with the imminent arrival of my Necro!
    Edited by stewhead2ub17_ESO on May 15, 2019 11:58AM
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hysorn wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I've been thinking about creating some sort of druid character. Of course the class is Warden, however, from a gameplay and lore standpoint what would be the most accurate combination of weapons + Race to play as?

I am posting this in GD because I wanted to include gameplay as a factor as well.

I would say both Warden and Templar qualify for "Druid" class, as there are different forms and types of druids across fantasy lore, these classes seem to fit most.

As for race, Breton or Nords jumps out. But I would say any race could be a druid.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m fairly sure that’s incorrect. You can definitely mix outfit styles within the same type of weapon line (i.e. you can visually dual wield daggers when you’re actually using axes), but I’m about 99.9% certain that you need a staff equipped (not just any old generic 2H weapon) to slot a staff outfit style. I’ve never tried it, but I think I would have remembered seeing people whacking people with staves if it were possible.

Anyway, speaking of staff styles, the Prophet’s staff motif is probably the best for a Druid type — just plain, gnarled wood, nothing fancy.

• Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

I’m fairly sure that’s incorrect. You can definitely mix outfit styles within the same type of weapon line (i.e. you can visually dual wield daggers when you’re actually using axes), but I’m about 99.9% certain that you need a staff equipped (not just any old generic 2H weapon) to slot a staff outfit style. I’ve never tried it, but I think I would have remembered seeing people whacking people with staves if it were possible.

Anyway, speaking of staff styles, the Prophet’s staff motif is probably the best for a Druid type — just plain, gnarled wood, nothing fancy.

I thought so ;)

But would have been nice.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bow and dual wielding weapons isn't a druid? That's a ranger setup all the way back to old school D&D.

Magden is best class IMO. If you want a druid you'd run destro staff for your elemental magic and resto staff to add to the healing of Green balance. Druids are generally part of the priest class in almost all games and mix healing/elemental magic/animal shapeshifting. From a fantasy druid standpoint the only thing you'll be missing is animal shape shifting but from an Rp standpoint you can run Werewolf like I do. Unfortunately WW wont be worth a damn as magica but it'll still add to that druid feeling.

Edit: I will add that a mag templar or dragon knight can work as well for a druid I just don't feel they are best now that the warden is available. I began ESo 5 years ago as a mag DK and with the flame line and earth line along with a resto staff it felt a strong druid variant. I later moved to mag templar and it too felt good with the flame/holy spells and of course had better healing/support skills. It just didnt have the earth/nature type feeling unfortunately. As long as your magica you have a few choices for a strong druid feeling.

If you're sticking to a traditional fantasy druid and ZOS ever releases one handed and offhand rune/open casting hand, you can run a scimitar or club and keep the theme as well.

As far as staff type I prefer skinchanger for a druid but the prophet's is awesome too.

Check out my renfest druid outfit with real skinchanger staff (I made before I ever saw a skinchanger staff lol!

a0DDvDI.jpg
    Edited by Zardayne on May 17, 2019 3:57AM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive made wood elf warden with unfathomable darkness set, selenes helmet(that bear spirit thing). plus she is a werewolf.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭
    I would love werebear form and an regular magic staff, instead of the elementtal staves we have right now.

Personally I made a Nord Warden but it doesn't quite go through as a druid for me. but i'm stuck on the idea that my Druid should be able to shapeshift into a bear, which is simply put a WoW bias.

werewolfs dont go through as druids AT ALL imo.
    Edited by Liww on May 17, 2019 9:01AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

"Thy race is descended from the ancient Druids of Galen, quick witted and strong in the mystical arts. Thy folks are crafty and intelligent, a learned people who use their gifts to guide others to enlightenment..."

The Wyresses are also a cult of Breton druids. They aren't called druids in the game, but that's what they are.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Wyresses are also a cult of Breton druids. They aren't called druids in the game, but that's what they are.

All my Wardens are Wyresses, if anyone is looking to create a "druid" character, definitely looking into the Wyrd lore is the way to go.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically, the ebonheart also has 'druidic' lore in the Ternion Monks. (I might be wrong though, You do the quest for them in Eastmarch if I remember correctly). They are Nord animalistic shaman druids.

So technically all the alliances have a druidic class. The ebonheart with the monks, the dominion with the bosmer spinners and the Wyrd for Covenant.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All my Wardens are Wyresses, if anyone is looking to create a "druid" character, definitely looking into the Wyrd lore is the way to go.

Yep I agree
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    Technically, the ebonheart also has 'druidic' lore in the Ternion Monks. (I might be wrong though, You do the quest for them in Eastmarch if I remember correctly). They are Nord animalistic shaman druids.

So technically all the alliances have a druidic class. The ebonheart with the monks, the dominion with the bosmer spinners and the Wyrd for Covenant.

That's good information. I must have missed that quest. I'll have to look into the monks.

Edit:Found some information on the monks if anyone is interested. Very cool. Definitely gives me some lore to help recreate my bear shaman from Age of Conan.
    teso.mmorpg-life.com/the-ternion-monks-lorebook/
    Edited by Zardayne on May 17, 2019 2:33PM
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭

And if one counts the more or less tribalistic culture of the Argonians ("more or less" because while they do live in tribes, Argonia does have a government and a King of some sort), you've got plenty of "Druids" in the Ebonheart Pact.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1800+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS/Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
    Lavinia Telvanni - Dunmer Arcanist MagDPS - EP
    Studies-Dark-Secrets - Argonian Arcanist StamDPS - EP
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Wyrd spreads further than the Covenant, though. It's not really an alliance aspect at all.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.