The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

( Console ) How do you know if your in an Elitist PvE guild ?

WeylandLabs
WeylandLabs
✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't Pve'd since 2015 - 2016 been living in PvP.

But seems like things have changed a lot in Pve, people are really on high horses now.

I've completed a lot of trials in vet in ok to non gear BIS gear. So it's hard to understand why is BIS so important now vs back then especially with the power creep.

The pve guild I'm in seems arrogant and non helpful except the guild master she's been very helpful.

Been in craglorn for 2 weeks pugging groups in non bis gear - trying to get bis gear so I can run with these people.

This kinda make me salty towards PvE'rs as a PvPer wasn't like this 2 years ago. Now I see why everyone is so toxic now in PvP - this elitism is awful.

But what are some of the signs of being in a PvE guild full of cocky elitists for a non esport game that all you have to do is don't stand here to this mechanics.

Best Answers

• yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the guys will not run with you just because you're not with Trial Gear, it's already a Toxic Guild to me, that's why even being High Level i always stay on Noob Friendly Guilds, because they care for people and not only for themselves.

And GOD, it's not like everyone was born with MAX LVL, total knowledge of the mechanics of all Trials and Total non-existential life, you was like them before, just try to help anyone when you can.

Damn i hate elitism, and believe me it's TOTALLY WORSE ON PC
    Edited by yRaven on May 15, 2019 4:50AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Answer ✓
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know the game, you need BIS gear to run with them but to get it you have to run with them. Doesn't make any sense. My advice, leave them go find a more friendly guild with normal people. They help you get your stuff in no time. When 11 people share the loot you don't need a lot of runs anyway. And it is more fun to do trials with folks like that then "elitist" players, because they actually share their knowlege and help you understand the machanics.
    TherealHämähäkki
    Answer ✓
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't joined an elitist PVE guild, but I have been called upon to help complete some raids with guildies that are also members of the elitist type guild. Got to tell you, its not fun. Some signs it is an elitist guild:

1. There is one person who is calling all the shots, which is fine. Its nice to have someone calling out the mechanics. But, there is that second person that feels they need to explain what that person just said.
    2. Constant talk by that second person of how you are not optimizing your rotation. And its always you, not a member of the guild.
    3. Constant berating of non-guildies for not rezzing fast enough. Which is always weird as I, a non-guild member, am not the one dying (while not optimizing my rotation)
    4. Disdain from others for daring to show up in non-Perfect Relequen gear. My bad.
    5. Demands to know your resume. I understand asking if I have done this trial before, but I don't see the relevance of whether I have hard-moded vMOL when we are hard-moding vAA, then throwing shade my way for not hard-moding vMOL. Dude, you invited me because you can't hard-mode vAA!
    6. [My personal favorite] Asking if you will DPS test on a dummy with a guild member before being allowed to join their already-failed raid. ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?!!
    7. The unsolicited invite to join their guild if you prove your worth in the raid. Oh pleeeeeeeease can I do this again?
    8. The feeling from guild members that they are happy you are there to finish the raid and be the punching bag for the elitist leaders, instead of them... which leads to
    9. That the raid was so toxic guild members either quit in frustration or were kicked out by the leaders for not living up to their demands. I thought progression guilds existed to help people progress in endgame content.

Others friends have told me about are required scheduled guild trials runs where you can get booted if you can't be there for it, mandatory practice sessions on training dummies where your rotation is evaluated, and being precluded from normal guild activities if you fail these, or other requirements.

In a pair of guilds I am in, you need to DPS test, tank test, heal test above a number to run certain things (score runs, vMOL, vHOF, for example), but that does not bar you from running practice or farming runs of those same trials. Just the weekly scheduled ones. Plus, there isn't the d-baggery in those runs mentioned above. And its fun. Always fun, even in failure.

People seem to lose sight of the fact that this is not only a game, but a social game.
    Edited by El_Borracho on May 15, 2019 9:07PM
    Answer ✓
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The second they start calling someone a scrub or “exposed”....you know what they are.

In one guild I just had a VSO run. There was a group test at the start; 4 players have over 65k DPS, 3 well into the 50’s and me rocking a paltry 37k dps. It took an hour and half. ( so you know, this is not good)

In another guild a few people are in the 40k DPS most around 30~35k DPS (they don’t test) were working on speed run (33 minute) getting close at around 35 minutes.

The dummy humping stuff is not paying off imo.

I’m sure there’s some on console that has the VSO speed run, but I don’t know anyone that has it.

You can find cool people even in the “Elitist” Group. It only take one or two bad apples to ruin the experience.
    Answer ✓
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...The day you get your skin/title, you breathe a great sigh of relief. Not because the content was difficult, but because the people were. The real world has little tolerance for some of the borderline personalities that exist in the higher end stuff. The skills are often valued over the personality flaws, which sometimes causes those with the flaws to think they are socially acceptable. Some even believe they are so valuable to a team they can abuse the team because it wouldn't exist without them. Wipes in PvP can be blamed on the enemy, cheese sets, lag, etc. Wipes in PvE can be from lag, but the blame falls on the group or certain group members for failing to follow the choreography. Big egos have difficulty with admitting faults and failures.

Fear is the Mindkiller
    Answer ✓
  • kvirus11
    kvirus11
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter a skin or a title now - really don't care. Left the guild ...

Since elitists wanna be elitists in PvE I've just decided to "John Wick" the hell outta them in PvP.

So rock those elitist titles and skins in pvp im hunting you.

Awesome points made in this thread, I feel that since eso isn't an Esport that the pve elitists have something to be upset about. After all - you can't base "Actual" skill in mechanics of a gutiar hero base fighting system. 😂

But we can let this post die - I enjoy reading all of your comments thank you.

Nothing better than identifying a guild of elitist pve'ers, leaving said guild and then slaughtering them in pvp. Keep telling me I'm not good enuff on a parse, that dummy can't think move or react, but I can cub.

Elitist tears always taste like cotton candy.

It's been like this since SOCOM on P2. Remember the "Captains" who would do nothing but cry and yell and call you terrible? Then you team up with some randoms and slaughter said Capt over and over?

🤣🤣🤣
    Edited by kvirus11 on May 30, 2019 12:07PM
    Answer ✓
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that it will be the requirement of 50k dps selfbuff on a 6m. Not sure. But maybe. But ye, finding a social guild that has a progression group is usually best
    Edited by zvavi on May 15, 2019 12:15PM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing solo solved all my problems.
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    You run with pugs until you’ve collected your bis gear. After that and you’ve proven that you have good dps/survivability/raid awareness will you be allowed into a competitive trials guild. Unless you’re looking to just run trials for fun, which is what pugs and casual guilds are for.

Competitive content is about pushing score. If you don’t have bis gear, you’re not going to pull the numbers required to pull your weight in score runs... pretty simple concept. Nobody wants someone on a core team that pulls half the dps that the class they’re playing is capable of.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't joined an elitist PVE guild, but I have been called upon to help complete some raids with guildies that are also members of the elitist type guild. Got to tell you, its not fun. Some signs it is an elitist guild:

1. There is one person who is calling all the shots, which is fine. Its nice to have someone calling out the mechanics. But, there is that second person that feels they need to explain what that person just said.
    2. Constant talk by that second person of how you are not optimizing your rotation. And its always you, not a member of the guild.
    3. Constant berating of non-guildies for not rezzing fast enough. Which is always weird as I, a non-guild member, am not the one dying (while not optimizing my rotation)
    4. Disdain from others for daring to show up in non-Perfect Relequen gear. My bad.
    5. Demands to know your resume. I understand asking if I have done this trial before, but I don't see the relevance of whether I have hard-moded vMOL when we are hard-moding vAA, then throwing shade my way for not hard-moding vMOL. Dude, you invited me because you can't hard-mode vAA!
    6. [My personal favorite] Asking if you will DPS test on a dummy with a guild member before being allowed to join their already-failed raid. ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?!!
    7. The unsolicited invite to join their guild if you prove your worth in the raid. Oh pleeeeeeeease can I do this again?
    8. The feeling from guild members that they are happy you are there to finish the raid and be the punching bag for the elitist leaders, instead of them... which leads to
    9. That the raid was so toxic guild members either quit in frustration or were kicked out by the leaders for not living up to their demands. I thought progression guilds existed to help people progress in endgame content.

Others friends have told me about are required scheduled guild trials runs where you can get booted if you can't be there for it, mandatory practice sessions on training dummies where your rotation is evaluated, and being precluded from normal guild activities if you fail these, or other requirements.

In a pair of guilds I am in, you need to DPS test, tank test, heal test above a number to run certain things (score runs, vMOL, vHOF, for example), but that does not bar you from running practice or farming runs of those same trials. Just the weekly scheduled ones. Plus, there isn't the d-baggery in those runs mentioned above. And its fun. Always fun, even in failure.

People seem to lose sight of the fact that this is not only a game, but a social game.

I just experienced this in a non leetist guild. Sometimes you get a player that wants to blame their own shortcomings on others.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yRaven wrote: »
    If the guys will not run with you just because you're not with Trial Gear, it's already a Toxic Guild to me, that's why even being High Level i always stay on Noob Friendly Guilds, because they care for people and not only for themselves.

And GOD, it's not like everyone was born with MAX LVL, total knowledge of the mechanics of all Trials and Total non-existential life, you was like them before, just try to help anyone when you can.

Here is raiding requirements for alith legion an PC-EU guild i'm member of.
    https://www.alithlegion.com/index.php/legion-raids/legion-raids
    We did AA HM this weekend on the veteran or middle group.

Its about finding the right guilds, is in another guild: Golden clover who also do vet trials.
    Brave cats do it to but on an higher level more like the alith experienced trial group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I consider toxic guilds to be ones filled toxic players, pain-in-the-ass minmaxers, and class elitists. I know you can start vet trials off with basic gear like Julianos, but the higher spell damage sets help improve your dps. Improving your rotation does the same. You only shoot yourself in the foot if you refuse to go into harder trials (vAS+2, vHoF, etc.,) with decent gear and prefer to stick to lower quality sets. Being a stick in the mud is no better than being a toxic a-hole.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    The second they start calling someone a scrub or “exposed”....you know what they are.

Or the second they start calling everyone not on their progression team a form of that. I guess the attitude comes first when you are trying to be elite.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So any player who follows meta is considered toxic? Do casuals really try that hard to be different?

Meta isnt a bad thing, and trying to be in the best guild to push scores and titles are what people strive for

If you're talking about attitude, then that is a real thing but the most toxic players I meet are casuals who get extremely butthurt and defensive when you give them tips on anything related to pve
    Edited by SoLooney on May 23, 2019 11:05AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter a skin or a title now - really don't care. Left the guild ...

Since elitists wanna be elitists in PvE I've just decided to "John Wick" the hell outta them in PvP.

So rock those elitist titles and skins in pvp im hunting you.

Awesome points made in this thread, I feel that since eso isn't an Esport that the pve elitists have something to be upset about. After all - you can't base "Actual" skill in mechanics of a gutiar hero base fighting system. 😂

But we can let this post die - I enjoy reading all of your comments thank you.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on May 23, 2019 1:04PM
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what killed a lot of pvp guilds over the years.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have guild finder now if it doesn't feel like the right fit then it isn't.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't judge all PVErs by the people you have previously encountered. If all they care about is having BiS everything and won't run with you unless you have this gear and can meet certain stat levels, leave the guild. There are hundreds of guilds out there that are full of friendly people interested in having fun and helping you achieve your goals, whatever they are (or aren't). I'm not sure if the guild finder is already there on PC (I play on console), but until you have the guild finder just watch zone chat for recruiting posts that appeal to you. Ask the person recruiting a few questions to see if they are a good fit for you. You aren't required to stick with any guild or give them your loyalty - save your loyalty for the ones that help you and that you can have fun with.

My only experience of PvP is the toxic behavior of people during the recent anniversary jubilee, but I don't judge all PvPers by a few lousy individuals. Please don't assume that all PvErs are just like the elitists you seem to have met.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SoLooney wrote: »

So any player who follows meta is considered toxic? Do casuals really try that hard to be different?

Meta isnt a bad thing, and trying to be in the best guild to push scores and titles are what people strive for

If you're talking about attitude, then that is a real thing but the most toxic players I meet are casuals who get extremely butthurt and defensive when you give them tips on anything related to pve

No, every player who follows meta is not an elitist. It's the ones who do that, AND put down others who do not. The ones who brag about their own prowess like the game is the most important thing in the world. It is possible to be really good, and instead of alienating those who are still learning, show them some tips. Don't moan about noobs running with you; use it as an opportunity to teach. Not everyone can get that good but anyone who does because you helped them will be eternally grateful and probably a game friend for life. Wouldn't you rather be a game wiz with a good reputation than be known as a bragging, show off, toxic a-hole?