The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Duels with ACTUAL balance - PS4 NA

Zurxii
Zurxii
✭✭
I’m bringing back an old dueling guild, Unseen Duelers. The focus is to host all kinds of events from organized BGs to tournaments, with as much balance as possible. Considering the state the game is in it will obviously take a LOT of testing and rules to obtain. We’ve been testing for a while, and we’re having a tournament the weekend after this one. The prize pool will be a minimum of 500k, and will be as skill-based as possible with as little rng/unbalance as possible. My PSN is OUT2KILL, message me if you’d like an invite.
~Out2Kill
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should form it similarly to the 1 mil PC duel tournaments
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious to what you mean by actual balance?
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    I’m curious to what you mean by actual balance?
    The state the game in rn is plagued by cancer builds, carry builds, people abusing certain builds that overperform compared to others, etc. My goal with this guild and the upcoming tourneys, events, etc. is to make it as skill-based as possible without having to worry about people getting carried by their builds. Basically the main factor in winning will be mechanical skill > everything

~Out2Kill
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.e. meridia's blessed is hella OP in a duels
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actual balance:

Can’t duel anyone with a different class than yours.

Can’t duel anyone with a different race than yours.

Can’t duel anyone who hasn’t unlocked the same skills and passives as you.

Can’t duel anyone while Champion Points are enabled.

Can’t duel anyone while wearing any weapons or armor.

Have fun!

:smiley:
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Actual balance:

Can’t duel anyone with a different class than yours.

Can’t duel anyone with a different race than yours.

Can’t duel anyone who hasn’t unlocked the same skills and passives as you.

Can’t duel anyone while Champion Points are enabled.

Can’t duel anyone while wearing any weapons or armor.

Have fun!

:smiley:

???
    You’re acting like balance is a bad thing to go for in a game..with pvp..with one of the best combat systems in any mmo to date.

~Out2Kill
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    I.e. meridia's blessed is hella OP in a duels

Which is why it is banned in our tourneys..along with every other aspect of cancer you could possibly think of.
    ~Out2Kill
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurxii wrote: »
    I’m bringing back an old dueling guild, Unseen Duelers. The focus is to host all kinds of events from organized BGs to tournaments, with as much balance as possible. Considering the state the game is in it will obviously take a LOT of testing and rules to obtain. We’ve been testing for a while, and we’re having a tournament the weekend after this one. The prize pool will be a minimum of 500k, and will be as skill-based as possible with as little rng/unbalance as possible. My PSN is OUT2KILL, message me if you’d like an invite.

No CP's
    Agree on two sets and 1 monster set for stamina, no substitutions.
    Agree on two sets and 1 monster set for magicka, no substitutions.
    No willpower or ancient grace stuff and no Asylum/master weapons. Just pure skill.

Balance.

We had someone try having a balanced tournament on ps4, but it was almost impossible. Players were still complaining and calling everything cheese. (That could be the general toxic nature of ps4 itself, of course.) This was for real life cash, too.

https://youtu.be/SzAs8vfQE4w

I think if you want real balance, you gotta go with no CP, and really limited set choices. Otherwise, no matter what you do, people are going to call cheese.
    Edited by Kel on May 14, 2019 10:53PM
  • Zurxii
    Zurxii
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Zurxii wrote: »

No CP's
    Agree on two sets and 1 monster set for stamina, no substitutions.
    Agree on two sets and 1 monster set for magicka, no substitutions.
    No willpower or ancient grace stuff and no Asylum/master weapons. Just pure skill.

Balance.

We had someone try having a balanced tournament on ps4, but it was almost impossible. Players were still complaining and calling everything cheese. (That could be the general toxic nature of ps4 itself, of course.) This was for real life cash, too.

https://youtu.be/SzAs8vfQE4w

I think if you want real balance, you gotta go with no CP, and really limited set choices. Otherwise, no matter what you do, people are going to call cheese.

I agree. To start we’re keeping CP, but most likely will get rid of them down the road. Out of most of the testing we’ve done, things seem pretty good. We’re only allowing 5 sets total, 2stam, 2mag, and shackle which obviously can be either or. No 5/5 stacking sets, 5 pc with agility or wp only. There’s a ton of rules.
    ~Out2Kill
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really saying you should do this; but personally I always wanted to do it where one set from the winning build is what gets banned for the next tournament.

So yeah first tournament is hella cheese. But I think that's kinda fair because some players like cheese.

As things progress less and less cheese will be had
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Balanced as in all master weapons is banned except bow and staff lmfao..