The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagDK *No-CP*

Janoy
Janoy
✭✭
This isn’t your typical “give me a build please” post. I’ve been playing magDK for about a month and a half now (I only play non-CP), and have found myself becoming bored of my current builds.

The two builds I’ve been swapping between are

Destro/Resto - 5/2 light fortified brass, skoria, spinner’s front bar with BRP resto backbar.

And

Destro/Resto - 5/2 heavy shacklebreaker, skoria, spinner’s front bar, BRP resto backbar.

Neither build offers substantial stat spreads, but I’ve found minor success with them and cannot think of what to swap out. I don’t really want to run things like caluurion or sload’s, but will keep an open mind. Thank you I’m advance for your input!

Edit: I should also add that I try to spend the majority of my time running between larger scale battles, fighting whoever I find on the way. I don’t really like to zerg much, but I do occasionally join some larger scale fights. I’m not the best player and I probably lose more than I win, but I’m looking to take the training wheels off.
Edited by Janoy on May 14, 2019 6:06PM
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying destro/SnB could be a fun swap. Maybe run some Inhale into leap combos. Silks of the Sun or even better Burning Spell Weave are fun sets to use. I really like how bsw can carry over to back bar for heals with BSW inferno and BRP resto.

If you really want to get wild you could try maybe dual wield swords with innate axiom and spinner's or BSW etc. Your light attacks will be terrible but the skills will combo hard.

You could use the daedroth head just for lols and LOS.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Thurvokun, BSW, and Rattlecage on my body.

Thurvokun especially if you run the talons and fossilize skills. Really hurts players from healing and you take less damage.

I've also ran Vampires Cloak in place of Rattlecage and Spinners in place of BSW. 8% less damage taken across the board with Vampires Cloak.