Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Malevolent Offering and Silence (Developer Request)

Somnilux
Somnilux
✭✭✭
Nothing big here, but could you please review this ability being affected by negate and other silence effects? It costs health only, no magicka, and should not be blocked by negate IMO. As it is, its very good, well designed and strong in pvp environments, but I don't see why mechanically it should be affected.

If its too strong at that point for group play, fair enough, I just feel it seems inconsistent with the game's systems that it is. Additionally it will not increase a nightblade's survival at all.

Another thing to consider would be to make shrewd offering scale with max stat, to give another option/tool for stamina nightblades to bring to a pvp group. Since it only damages the caster, and cannot heal them it won't affect stamblades in 1vx where they're already pretty strong. Less of a concern though than getting Healthy Offering working while silenced.
Luxe Khanna - AD, Rank 49 Argonian Magblade Healer
Crystala Khanna - AD, Rank 40 Khajiit Stamplar
Guilds: Fantasia, Dominant Dominion.
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Of note, my theory is because the original version of this spell cost magicka, it was an oversight and not something the dev's thought about, rather than actually something planned out and designed.

I'm curious if the new health costing necro self purge is affected by silence as well or not.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somnilux wrote: »
    Of note, my theory is because the original version of this spell cost magicka, it was an oversight and not something the dev's thought about, rather than actually something planned out and designed.

I'm curious if the new health costing necro self purge is affected by silence as well or not.

I had suggested this way back when it was first changed to a single target hot and they didnt listen back then either.
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

I had suggested this way back when it was first changed to a single target hot and they didnt listen back then either.

Its a new crew of devs, and while this is a low priority change I think its a single data entry in the database to fix so if it gets attention it could be.

They didn't like directly comment on it then did they?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want one of the morphs to be a self heal lol please zos magblade needs it
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just want one of the morphs to be a self heal lol please zos magblade needs it

That would be absolutely broken unless the morph in question gains a magicka cost to it at which point it just becomes another breath of life.

There are better ways to bolster magblade self heals than to mess with a skill that i personally consider to be one of the best conceptually designed abilities in the game. There are depressingly few abilities in this game that offer a dynamic risk vs reward the way malevolent offering does.
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭

Please no. This needs to be left as is, its already very good, well designed and interesting. Both morphs have value to different builds. As I mentioned I just think shrewd needs to scale with either stam or mag to open up another group tool for stamblades. And even thats a minor request.

Dark cloak's changes obviously are their own consideration and something they will surely address over time. But its pretty clear they took a burst self heal away from us for a design reason, asking for them to ruin a great ability to replace it is kind of insane.

• Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to necro this thread now that we're past a new balancing patch. I'd still like to see this adjusted.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and thank you for the necro.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with OP here. By definition it does not cost magicka, therefore it should not be affected by negate. Has anyone checked to see if Blood Altar is affected as well?
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    I definitely agree with OP here. By definition it does not cost magicka, therefore it should not be affected by negate. Has anyone checked to see if Blood Altar is affected as well?

I'll be testing Blood Altar, Expunge, and Equilibrium to confirm if all these abilities are affected by negate consistently with current patch or not.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be neat Malevolent Offering stacked with the higher of magicka and stamina too, though I don’t think many would use it.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its possible, silence specifically locks out abilities that scale with magicka / sp of which generally but not always, said abilities happen to cost magicka. Causation does not equal correlation, where the 3rd factoring element is the skill scaling.

Of course if blood alter for example gets locked out when silenced than i dont know. I cant test anything atm.

Edit: hmm maybe scratch that. There are plenty of utility buffs that have no form of scaling potency that cost magicka and are effected by silence.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 21, 2019 6:00PM
  • Somnilux
    Somnilux
    ✭✭✭
    Its possible, silence specifically locks out abilities that scale with magicka / sp of which generally but not always, said abilities happen to cost magicka. Causation does not equal correlation, where the 3rd factoring element is the skill scaling.

Of course if blood alter for example gets locked out when silenced than i dont know. I cant test anything atm.

Edit: hmm maybe scratch that. There are plenty of utility buffs that have no form of scaling potency that cost magicka and are effected by silence.

Additionally its not about healing, cause stamina based heals like warden's spores and vigor work.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Additionally its not about healing, cause stamina based heals like warden's spores and vigor work.

It’s a conspiracy to keep NBs down! They changed tons of abilities to scale from the higher of the two stats and skipped this ability....

Or they looked at the class threads and noticed NBs talk like accidentally healing someone else instead of themselves is a liability and thought why bother?

Either way I’m for the OP’s change.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten