The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please help! What to buy

NBAballar18
NBAballar18
✭✭
I purchased the IMPERIAL edition when ESO first came out, its just the base game. I want the 3 new Chapters.

What do you think is best to buy?

1. Elsweyer digital CE upgrade + Summerset digital CE upgrade + crown store Morrowind.

2. Elsweyer Digital CE with base game (comes with Morrowind CE & Summerset CE)

3. Another way to get the 3 of them.

• NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Am I able to buy an edition of the base game since I already own it? If I want the CE of the 3 chapters and want the bonus items?
  • igotsmeakabob11
    igotsmeakabob11
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same question- if we're in the monthly program don't we get any crown store DLCs?
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same question- if we're in the monthly program don't we get any crown store DLCs?

Yes, you get the dlcs, but Summerset and Elsweyr are currently considered chapters, meaning they’re not included. Morrowind was also previously a chapter but was changed to a dlc sometime after Summerset was released. It’s not guaranteed, but I think it’s reasonable to expect Summerset will be relabeled as a dlc not too long after Elsweyr goes live.

To OP— does the upgrade not include Summerset/Morrowind? If not, I guess it mostly depends on the prices. If you’re not ESO+, you’d need to buy Summerset and Morrowind as well to get all three. If the digital CE + base game is cheaper than All three, go with that option (it shouldn’t make a difference whether you have the base game already so long as you buy the expansions with your account). If you are ESO+, you can probably just go with the upgrade and you’ll have access to Morrowind and likely Summerset too before long. If you’re only ESO+ for a bit, you could probably use the crowns you get from it to buy Morrowind and Summerset eventually so you’ll still have them after your subscription expires.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I inquired about it a few months ago. You can't buy anything but the upgrade if you already own the base game. At least that's what support says.
    JahWt9l.png
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure that's actually true. You can buy the base game as many times as you want - why would they care. It's, of course, pointless to do so, but if you only have the original base game (Imperial edition), then there's no reason you can't buy the Elsweyr Collector's edition to get access to Summerset and Morrowind.

It's possible that it'll have to install the base game again along with all the additional content, but I doubt that buying the full version is going to prevent you from installing it again if you already have parts of it. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't recall that the full version was "greyed" out or anything on the purchase page.

But, as others have said, if you plan on subscribing to ESO+, you will be better off just purchasing the digital upgrade (either standard or collector's), as you'll definitely get MW as part of the sub. Presumably SS as well, though I would recommend waiting until they announce this and not just assume. If you want the collector's edition items from those 2 chapters, you can currently purchase the MW collector's edition items from the CS and presumably SS's if they do the same thing with that chapter.

I just took a look, and last year, they announced that the MW chapter was being broken up into a DLC zone, Warden class account upgrade, and base game BGs 2 months before the launch of SS. We haven't heard anything yet about SS, so...
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Shoulda got a xbox, you can get everything base+all chapters for $35 with gamepass, even free if you have 30k MS reward points
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/the-elder-scrolls-online-elsweyr-pre-purchase/brrt0k66g9v1?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    Edited by ThanatosXR on May 18, 2019 6:58PM