Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theorycraft - Necro Race

EölMPK
EölMPK
✭✭✭
Hey guys, whats up?
For people who had / have the opportunity to play at test realm with the necro class, and theorycrafters in general, what do you think will be the best races for necros (magicka and stam)?
Let the craft begin!
Eöl[MPK]
PS4
Grungebr - Altmer magicka templar
Eölbr - Dunmer magicka necro
Drizztbr - Khajiit stamina nb
"In my thoughts and in my dreams, they're always in my mind
These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men, and elves
Come close your eyes, you can see them too...
"

• EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Oh also, vampire or not? Werewolf or not? ;)
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the current meta builds, anything that's using all weapon/guild skills and none of the class ones will work just the same if it's a necro. Then for the others, you only need to consider if the necro class skills could replace, or better, the ones used. There's no suggestion that WW or vamp has any special affinity for necro class, so the considerations there won't change.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    If you look at the current meta builds, anything that's using all weapon/guild skills and none of the class ones will work just the same if it's a necro. Then for the others, you only need to consider if the necro class skills could replace, or better, the ones used. There's no suggestion that WW or vamp has any special affinity for necro class, so the considerations there won't change.

Thanks for the inputs! And what about the ideal races?
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunge wrote: »

As @ghastley mentioned, the considerations won’t change.

Once you decide on a role (tank, DPS, heals, support, etc.) and content type (PvE, PvP, overland/dungeons, battlegrounds, trials, etc.) ... then the race choice gets in better focus.

If you came to the forums thinking there’s a Necromancer race that was universally better for all content types and roles, well sorry to burst your bubble ... that doesn’t exist.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    Grunge wrote: »

As @ghastley mentioned, the considerations won’t change.

Once you decide on a role (tank, DPS, heals, support, etc.) and content type (PvE, PvP, overland/dungeons, battlegrounds, trials, etc.) ... then the race choice gets in better focus.

If you came to the forums thinking there’s a Necromancer race that was universally better for all content types and roles, well sorry to burst your bubble ... that doesn’t exist.

Not at all, was just brainstorming here in general.
    But lets throw a use case here :D

Im thinking of creating a magicka necro for Cyro, more focused on roaming than zerg fighting. What do you guys think? And, do you think dark elves and kajhits will be a good option?
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a lot more specific, @EölMPK, thanks.

I only tested Stamina Necromancer on PTS, unfortunately.

However, for Cyrodiil solo or small group, you’d want a magicka character that’s also nimble and mobile. So, you’re right, that narrows it down to Khajiit or Dunmer.

There have been rumblings in the forums about the Khajiit passive for crit being nerfed to crit damage only (versus crit chance).

Before that sways you, consider whether your playstyle merits a high crit build centered around a 5-piece Mother’s Sorrow (or similar set). High crit builds can be lethal in PvP ... as long as you also build for some sustain. Very difficult, however, for no-CP due to the lack of sustain.

If the above idea isn’t appealing, maybe you go Dunmer then. Either would work though ... you can always change race with a crown store token.

There’s still a week of PTS for you to test your ideas ... if you’re on PC. Just select a max CP template character and head to Cyrodiil.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 14, 2019 8:49PM
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    That’s a lot more specific, @EölMPK, thanks.

I only tested Stamina Necromancer on PTS, unfortunately.

However, for Cyrodiil solo or small group, you’d want a magicka character that’s also nimble and mobile. So, you’re right, that narrows it down to Khajiit or Dunmer.

There have been rumblings in the forums about the Khajiit passive for crit being nerfed to crit damage only (versus crit chance).

Before that sways you, consider whether your playstyle merits a high crit build centered around a 5-piece Mother’s Sorrow (or similar set). High crit builds can be lethal in PvP ... as long as you also build for some sustain. Very difficult, however, for no-CP due to the lack of sustain.

If the above idea isn’t appealing, maybe you go Dunmer then. Either would work though ... you can always change race with a crown store token.

There’s still a week of PTS for you to test your ideas ... if you’re on PC. Just select a max CP template character and head to Cyrodiil.

I play on PS4! Whats the deal with dark elves and mobility?
    I dont like glass cannon builds in pvp, so I really would like to be tanky enough too!
    Thanks for this tips bro, really appreciate that.
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My magcer will be a khajiit. My tankcer will be a Breton.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭

I just double checked this on live and Khajiit don't currently have crit chance as a passive, only crit damage/heals.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is IMO BiS for most types of Necromancer. The crit execute passive gives upto 100% crit chance in the execute ranges, meaning Khajiit Crit boost significantly effective.

There is a misconception that Orcs/Altmer crit harder than Khajiit but it is quite wrong in most regular scenarios. Beyond a low threshold of 6.5k effective weapon/spell damage(Weapon/Spell Damage+Max Resource/10) for Crit Dmg Mod of 1.8, Khajiit is always better for it. The lower your current Crit Dmg Mod, the better it gets. In PvP, the Crit Dmg Mod is decreased rapidly in Impen on opponents, giving Khajiits the edge in average damage of all races as long as your build has at least 40% Crit Chance. From my testing, Khajiit Stamcro is equaling Orc Stamcro in PvE parses with a slight more room for error due to added sustain.

Necromancer has tons of Crit Chance and even their Crit Chance healing passives of upto 20% Crit Chance to heal, which further multiplies with the Khajiit Crit Healing passive for higher heals, in fact more than any other races like Altmer or Argonian, as apart from CP, no other passive in the game, effect crit healing.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Khajiit is IMO BiS for most types of Necromancer. The crit execute passive gives upto 100% crit chance in the execute ranges, meaning Khajiit Crit boost significantly effective.

There is a misconception that Orcs/Altmer crit harder than Khajiit but it is quite wrong in most regular scenarios. Beyond a low threshold of 6.5k effective weapon/spell damage(Weapon/Spell Damage+Max Resource/10) for Crit Dmg Mod of 1.8, Khajiit is always better for it. The lower your current Crit Dmg Mod, the better it gets. In PvP, the Crit Dmg Mod is decreased rapidly in Impen on opponents, giving Khajiits the edge in average damage of all races as long as your build has at least 40% Crit Chance. From my testing, Khajiit Stamcro is equaling Orc Stamcro in PvE parses with a slight more room for error due to added sustain.

Necromancer has tons of Crit Chance and even their Crit Chance healing passives of upto 20% Crit Chance to heal, which further multiplies with the Khajiit Crit Healing passive for higher heals, in fact more than any other races like Altmer or Argonian, as apart from CP, no other passive in the game, effect crit healing.

Very nice inputs guys!
    Khajit is a very interesting option!
    What do you think, if I chose to go vampire with my necro, is khajit still a better options, or dark elves became a better option for the fire resist?
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EölMPK wrote: »

Very nice inputs guys!
    What do you think, if I chose to go vampire with my necro, is khajit still a better options, or dark elves became a better option for the fire resist?

The fire damage resist of vampire is 4% less fire damage, which is not really significant and the burning immunity only applies to damage type sources, not skill sources like Elemental or proc sources like Asylum destro. You can also get the same flame resistance with higher values and immunity to burning proc from a jewelry enchant.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭

Very nice inputs guys!

The fire damage resist of vampire is 4% less fire damage, which is not really significant and the burning immunity only applies to damage type sources, not skill sources like Elemental or proc sources like Asylum destro. You can also get the same flame resistance with higher values and immunity to burning proc from a jewelry enchant.

Understood, so khajit is still a better option right?
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice inputs guys!

its more up to that you like I think, Khajiit and Dunmer has the benefit of working well on stamina and magic making it very nerf resistant in an way Altmer and Orcs are not

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • EölMPK
    EölMPK
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Very nice inputs guys!

its more up to that you like I think, Khajiit and Dunmer has the benefit of working well on stamina and magic making it very nerf resistant in an way Altmer and Orcs are not

Thanks!
    Eöl[MPK]
    PS4
    "