Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you guys satisfied with the changes to your character coming with elsweyr?

Nerftheforums
Nerftheforums
✭✭✭✭✭
Title. Are you happy of how your class will be in the upcoming chapter? What would you have done differently? Maybe mention your class, not all devs know what skills belong to what class.

Please let's provide some meaningful feedback so that it will be completely ignored. I know we all love that feeling.

Are you guys satisfied with the changes to your character coming with elsweyr? 110 votes

Totally
6%
RedTalonThe UninvitedDefiltedFreakin_HytteQbikenAlfie2072Joelthas 7 votes
Somewhat
24%
DeadlyReclusekillingspreeb16_ESODavadinDatolitetechnohicDemonDruagaShanjijriNemeliomHowlKimchiAsmaelAedarylTyrion87m2rcDrathlyKikkeFroilFakeFoxVietfoxArtim_XveloSylraptor 27 votes
Not sure
11%
DealdrickleeuxWaffennachtSnowZeniaUltrabored1VeeskvaleriiyaJadonSkyIsojukkaZacuelMassiveFumeslukoiCorPvP 13 votes
Not really
20%
SolarikenSythiasStxLiraTaurwenWingactoshHymzirRagnaroek93LettigallEirellaMinnoThe_LexJimmy_The_FixerRianaigepe87_Salty_huschdeguddzjeNerftheforumsEdoKeledusMrsinister2 22 votes
Definitely not
37%
jediodyn_ESOMojmirrileynotzb14_ESOBeolundIruil_ESOdanielclarkb16_ESOLordTareqWolfpawfalcasternub18_ESOczarAshtarisakray21kollege14a5TheRealSnikerzykKadoinRaddlemanNumber7CerboltPsychpsych13Kram8ion 41 votes
  • MassiveFumes
    MassiveFumes
    ✭✭
    Not sure
    I mainmagblade.... Prolly will have to void playing him for the most part until if they buff after the next next patch :neutral:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really
    not really. some good changes to templar that solved a couple of pain points, but compared to other changes, feels like they missed the boat on what was supposed to be a skill audit. Not to mention some changes that created new pain points or were done that made no sense (repentance "greyed out" for example).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    My main is a stamblade. The other favorite is a magblade. Enough said.

But seriously. I've said this several times now- stop nerfing skills based on very specific pvp-related complaints and start buffing potential counter-skills. If something is only OP when in the hands of a very small number of very skilled players, don't nerf it based on the loud whiners. I don't think they quite realize that people who are THAT good at PvP are likely to wipe the floor with them anyway. Meanwhile, over in the land of PvE, these nerfs are taking a lot of fun and purpose out of the classes hurt by the them.

Is it possible to have skills and sets that perform differently in PvP situations? If a skill is overperforming in PvP but fine in PvE (or vice versa), is it feasible to balance it in the instance where it's OP and not in the other? Cloak could perform differently in PvP and remain the same in PvE, for example
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    I don't really mind when a class is nerfed. In most cases there's a workaround. Plus, I play different classes: magdk, stamblade, magsorc, stamwarden. One of them is bound to be OK :tongue:
    It's like in all dlcs, you adapt.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    As a stam sorc I was hoping for something more substantial.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    Every patch makes me less excited to play stam sorc main. I've purchasd both previous chapters yet not even excited to buy this currently. Maybe next winter but I'm tired of watching every interesting part of a class disappear.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What changes?
    Sincerely, another stam sorc
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    As a nb main single toon for years leaves me nowhere to go but reroll new characters :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    Yep, as a magblade main, just needed that snare immunity to make it work better in open world. The removal of minor berserk and some skill choices (losing options for major expedition) is not something i'd prefer, but still definitely in a better place than in last patch.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, no 'I don't mind class changes' option?
    Because, well, I really don't mind changes of this nature as I'm just playing to explore Tamriel.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really
    Because, well, I really don't mind changes of this nature as I'm just playing to explore Tamriel.

Then why are you in the pvp combat section 😂
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally
    Not.

Main magDK in PvP and even if the wings won't be a nerf. I'll miss the old ones since the wings gave something unique to the class, like nbs cloak.

• Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then why are you in the pvp combat section 😂
    I like to hone my sneaky skills in Cyrodiil. There are so many ways to not be discovered by bloodlusty enemies that changing a class will hardly eliminate them all (or - as others have said - strategies must be adjusted).

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    Stam necro - OP
    Mag necro - meh
    Stam nb - shoehorned into heavy brawler
    Mag nb... more or less dead
    Stam dk - new meta in cyro ?

Not to mention Volendrung will kinda wreck what is left from PvP. Ball groups will have another toy / mcguffin to play with.
    The only change that is good imho is alliance lock. As for the Elsweyr zone ? I am not a "cat" person / furry or khajiit fan boy. I mean I have nothing against them, they are Ok. For me it is simply just "a zone". Nothing special. And Necro ? Not a selling point to me.

It seems like with each patch we have less & less build & class diversity.

Btw. My main that I created back in 2014, when the game first lauched is an Argonian Mag NB. I have like almost an entire 1 year playtime on him.

First, wrathstone racial rebalance, and now this.... :disappointed:

What the F... am I supposed to do !? Adapt ?! This beoynd adapting. I think I am losing it. With Wrathstone update I have dropped enierly from end game PvE. NB tanking was no longer posible in vet content.
    With Elsweyr I am dropping entierly from end game PvP. There is nothing I can do. No build & adapting will help me. Create another character you say ? Well I was told "play as you want". Was I lied to ? ?

The only thing that keeps me playing are 7 daily crafting quests that I do on my main. But that wont last long. Daily login rewards mean nothing to me.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 16, 2019 10:50AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhat
    I mainmagblade.... Prolly will have to void playing him for the most part until if they buff after the next next patch :neutral:
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    As a nb main single toon for years leaves me nowhere to go but reroll new characters :|

I main a magblade (melee) and will keep maining her.
    Although i don't like some of the nerfs, like the one on one of my favourite nb skills which is crippling grasp, i think i can still make it work with the new changes.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely not
    Nah, it reminds me of that patch after One Tamriel when they nerfed sustain. I have no idea why they need to continuously sabotage certain classes, esp. mag builds across the board. Also they need to stop pushing empower. If not, then we gonna have to make Cyrodiil Light Attack Online up in this ...ESO.
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    Somewhat. Not totally because the 2 main classes I play DK and Sorc got buffs I like but DK wings got nerfed. Sorc got some nice buffs and I'm very happy with the DK duration increases.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really
    Minno wrote: »
    not really. some good changes to templar that solved a couple of pain points, but compared to other changes, feels like they missed the boat on what was supposed to be a skill audit. Not to mention some changes that created new pain points or were done that made no sense (repentance "greyed out" for example).

Minno said it well. To call this patch a "skill audit" is completely laughable. We got a handful of questionable tweaks that didn't really boost QoL. It's basically 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really
    I like that ritual will scale a little on stamplar but losing major protection from empowering sweep is a massive nerf to most of my builds.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely not
    Eh between this and cyro performance i decided to try ff14, I’ll be staying there for a while..
    i main magblade but I’ve been playing other classes more lately and they’re just not fun to me
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    Who said ‘Totally Happy’. Find out what classes they play and nerf them immediately!

People being happy with their classes in pvp means something’s overpowered.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Who said ‘Totally Happy’. Find out what classes they play and nerf them immediately!

People being happy with their classes in pvp means something’s overpowered.

1313685551772.jpg
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really
    I was hopeful for more sweeping or dramatic changes, that's in no way shape or form what we got. even well deserved nerfs were back peddled into weird changes that don't make any sense.

I don't mind when things get nerf'd as long as it seems like there is a direction behind it. but when devs back peddle instantly or go sideways into weird changes that don't make sense it feel like suck a lack of direction or willingness to commit to a direction.

I have probably the least faith I have had in the balance team in some time, and I used to really not care.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somewhat
    My Templar came out ok, but was hoping for some flavor for my stamsorc. It's a weird place since my stamsorc can roll, but it still doesn't have that "battlemage" feel.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely not
    Magden...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really
    Overall meh.

My sorcerer got further pigeon-holed into a single magicka build, and reverting to stamina doesn't really get me anything either. The cumulative changes over time have kind of messed up the logic, synergies and basic design of the class. It is not super fun to play right now.

My templar has been slowly ground down with nerfs here and there for a while now. Just not that into it any more, plus it is in the wrong faction from most the people I play with. I respec'd it to stam last patch, and boom, major protection nerf this patch. Go figure.

Necro was the main reason I fired up eso+ again, but so far it seems just janky in BOTH pve and pvp. Just not sure on this one. I'll wait to see the live patch notes before I decide.

Most like scenario is I start playing either DK or Warden for a change of pace.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat
    i'm ok. stamDK main here. no changes to class, more on the mag side. weapons got... a mix bag of nerf and buff. guess i'll adapt? might get frustrated and shelf my 4+ years old main toon....

...and roll a necro.
    Stam dk - new meta in cyro ?

what? lol

if anything, MagDK will be Gods in Cyro...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally
    Nothing is changing for any of my chars.,
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure
    I'm going with not sure until I can get some play time in to see how it goes