The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do Undaunted pledges work? Not very well explained

goldCoaster
goldCoaster
✭✭✭
If I accept an Undaunted pledge, do I physically go over to the dungeon’s location, enter it, and begin? And wait for others to accompany me?

Or am I supposed to que up via the Dungeon Finder?

This little detail is not explained anywhere that I’ve researched.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going to do a pledge with others, you can enter the dungeon, but before others enter, they must group with you.
    - Basically, it's typical that players will group up before entering dungeon.

If you want the reward that is mailed to up, use group finder. Group finder is not required for completing the pledge.
    Edited by Dojohoda on May 13, 2019 11:30PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Pick the dungeon from the dungeon finder (don't forget there's a normal and veteran list) and wait for a group to form
    - Group up with friends/guildmates and enter the dungeon manually
    - Enter the dungeon solo

All of these count for the pledge if finished.
    And also make sure you have your group preference set to either normal or vet, especially if you are soloing a dungeon.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    - Pick the dungeon from the dungeon finder (don't forget there's a normal and veteran list) and wait for a group to form
    - Group up with friends/guildmates and enter the dungeon manually
    - Enter the dungeon solo

All of these count for the pledge if finished.
    And also make sure you have your group preference set to either normal or vet, especially if you are soloing a dungeon.
    post-2-1445282250.gif

This
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I accept an Undaunted pledge, do I physically go over to the dungeon’s location, enter it, and begin? And wait for others to accompany me?

Technically, you can complete the pledge in multiple different ways. All you need to do is kill the annotated targets for the pledge. You can join someones group who is at the last boss and kill it, and then start the dungeon over to kill the min-bosses (and you don't have to kill the final boss again) and you will have completed the pledge. You can also kill the final boss on Vet HM for the challenge, and then go into a normal dungeon to kill the mini-bosses and you'll still get the challenge for the pledge.

So, if you choose to form a pre-made group, use Dungeon Finder, go solo, or use a combination of the three it doesn't really matter as long as you kill the specified bosses for the pledge in whatever order.